Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Options for making short Minifigures "sit"?

klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 727
edited September 2013 in Building and Techniques
Looking at #79006 there are three seats and four figures. None of them can comfortably sit down. Even Elrond, who has flexible legs - his cape gets in the way.

I put regular legs on Frodo to sit in a chair. That looks ok. I'm thinking people here might have discovered a clever brick solution for the short minis.

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,362
    You can get custom short legs that bend. There is a review on siltentmode.tv
    klatu003Josephmargot
  • klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 727
    @ccc Perfect - sitting and running and bending backwards. Thanks for the tip.
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,354
    People often use a couple of these pieces: http://www.brickset.com/parts/?part=609126 They are more useful for skirted women than Frodo or Gimli though.
    Thanks @CapnRex How serendipitous that I have that part in Sand Blue, because it is fairly rare from 2003-4. I got an almost complete #4742 from my one and only garage sale buy where I got a bunch of M**B** too. However, Arwen's long front hair is not working with these arches.

Elrond "Arwen, I think throwing your immortaility away on Aragorn is causing
    your brain to swell."

91stlegotrooperTheLoneTensorjasorMinifigsMemessy
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,354
    @klatu003 - You could add an extra 1x2 plate in between the torso and the slopes which would avoid the issue with the hair.
  • 91stlegotrooper91stlegotrooper Member Posts: 92
    @CapnRex101, that is a neat trick. I can use it.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Brilliant.
    @ccc Thanks. The BrickFortress legs worked great. Merry & Pippin with *real legs*
    yys4uCCC
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,093
    Thanks for this topic btw, I never knew about brickfortress or these custom legs, I'll definitely be picking up a few in various colors for my hobbits/dwarves.
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,950
    If there's enough space behind the minifig for the protruding stud, you can always use the "washing machine brick" (http://www.brickset.com/ajax/getParts.aspx?Design=4070&aid=hsi4070)
    @yys4u - They had all the colors needed for hobbits/dwarves except dark grey. They have light grey. So fat ole Bombur needs to just stand around - probably how he got so big.image
    margot
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    This is one of the most useful little, epiphany-esque threads in a while. Kudos to everyone who participated.
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    And certainly one of the coolest sets to arrive this year...the Council of Elrond. Lovely colors and design. Ended picking up three of them. Thanks for solving the seating problem! My little guys were worn out from all that standing til y'all came along with some better ideas!
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,453
    tensor said:

This is one of the most useful little, epiphany-esque threads in a while. Kudos to everyone who participated.

I think "A-Pippin-Knee" would be more appropriate ;)

Oh @Pitfall69 you're so funny I forgot to laugh (Gilda Radner voice)