Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Brickset Member selling entire collection of MISB Lego

pincerpincer Member Posts: 31
edited August 2013 in Marketplace
Hi, I am finally but reluctantly selling my entire collection of MISB Lego due to a move and saving up for a wedding.

I have a large collection of Star Wars, Castle, City and other items for sale.
I have started to list the items on eBay. My eBay seller info is 'blakepincer' or search for '7166 MISB'.

Although I am starting to list it on eBay I would welcome buyers willing to take several items or the whole lot. Send me your email addresses if you want the list with prices.

The items are based near Gatwick Airport if you wish to collect.

Hope to hear from you soon.

cheers Brad

Comments

• SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    Would it be possible for you to post a full list? I'm sure plenty of members would be interested without the fees of ebay.
  • pincerpincer Member Posts: 31
    I have attached a spreadsheet of all the items for sale and prices
  • jasonord69ajasonord69a UKMember Posts: 396
    Pm sent.
    Hi Brad

Attempted a pm but the system isn't having it. Can you try sending me one? I'm able to reply to messages sent, just not start new ones. @Huw am I on a yellow card?
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,136
    PM sent about your pricing.
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 946
    edited August 2013
    You need to triple your price on the modular buildings!

These are all worth a LOT, LOT more than you are asking. Do your homework!
    http://www.brickset.com/search/?query=10184-1,10185-1,10182-1,10190-1,10194-1
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,136
    edited August 2013
    ^Agreed. Even tripling is being conservative for some.
  • GeddesGeddes Member Posts: 574
    Guys that list is cleary his cost prices :)
    Thanks for all your comments and queries.
    Unfortunately a few of the items have gone already namely the modular buildings.
    But don't despair there is still a hell of a lot of Lego in mint condition.
    Please take a look
    I have updated the spreadsheet attached
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 946
    ^ ^ If you are set on selling at those prices. I'll take your entire collection! I am sure a few others would take the whole thing as well.
  • GeddesGeddes Member Posts: 574
    @pincer please tell me you didnt sell the modulars at those prices!
  • luckyrussluckyruss UKMember Posts: 870
    I've sent an email to your google account, seem unable to pm through brickset at present (@Huw, same issue as SirKev)
    Hi Guys,
    I am getting a lot of interest from the collection so thanks for that.
    As you can see I am not trying to rip people off just sell my collection to a fellow collector at a good price.
    So can I suggest that you send me a list of your wanted items together with a best price offer and whether or not you can collect and I will then try to reply to you all by Friday night incase some of you want to collect at the weekend.
    many thanks
    Brad ([email protected])
    caperberrySirKevbagsmargot
  • jasorjasor United StatesMember Posts: 839
    If you are a member of this community, and you Bought CC or GG from this person for their original asking price, dont let me know you did.
    vitreolumCapnRex101FollowsCloselyLegoFanTexasrancorbait
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    edited August 2013
    ^ Yea ya know, $400 for both, it was a pretty good deal. ;-)
  • cardgeniuscardgenius Member Posts: 153
    edited August 2013
    Wow, some of those are just too good to be true. $160 for a MISB Cafe Corner!?! That's just hard to believe.

Someone is getting ripped off. Just not sure if its the buyer or seller.
    FollowsCloselyLegoFanTexas
  • joel4motionjoel4motion United KingdomMember Posts: 959
    email sent
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    edited August 2013
    I'm in the US, but got up early this morning about a few mins after Pincer posted his list. I looked at the CC/MS/GG prices and basically fell off of my chair like everyone else. And for a brief moment, my mind was trying to calculate the cost of flying over to the UK just to pick these up at those prices, versus buying them say locally from Ebay/BL :).
  • mountebankmountebank Member Posts: 1,236
    It'll be interesting to see how many of these deals get mentioned on the Brag Thread.
  • bitsathisbitsathis Member Posts: 140
    Email sent
  • CoviCovi BelgiumMember Posts: 285
    pm sent
    The bloke who asked for the list to be posted and then didn't check it in time must feel like a right muppet......
    jasorCapnRex101coachieStormKittycarlq
  • DoubleDDoubleD Oklahoma, USAMember Posts: 488
    The list is all in pounds are US dollars and where are you located
  • jasorjasor United StatesMember Posts: 839

The bloke who asked for the list to be posted and then didn't check it in time must feel like a right muppet......

Poor bloke, indeed.
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,235
    edited August 2013
    I would like to give a warning to everyone, because it appears most people went bonkers over good prices and didn't do their homework.

Pincer's eBay account does indeed have 895 feedback, but it is only 87.5% positive. Most of the many negatives on the account are due to items not being delivered, never being shipped, or no communication after the buyer sent payment. http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=blakepincer&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true

Scroll through a few pages and you'll see most of the 895 feedback is because numerous small purchases (by blakepincer) all from the same few sellers.

Usually if you are trying to pay for a wedding you don't list items for less than 1/10th of their proven value. I'm sure a set such as the Cafe Corner would sell just as fast at $500 as it would at $160.

If it's too good to be true, it probably is.

I'm going to advise everyone to tread very cautiously, especially if you are wanting to get your items shipped to you.

Obviously, I can't prove as a fact that anything fishy is going on here, but I do believe this information should be made public so people can stew on it before they launch into any large, impulse purchases.
    cardgeniusBoiseStateFollowsCloselyyys4uLegoFanTexasDougoutthenos
  • coachiecoachie South WalesMember Posts: 476
    edited August 2013
    ^ I thought that, but the 87.5% is the average of the last year's feedbacks ie 1 neg in 8.

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,204
    Now someone else has posted the feedback link, I can say it was enough for me to not bother.

Cash on collection and check out the sets first.
    coachie said:

^ I thought that, but the 87.5% is the average of the last year's feedbacks ie 1 neg in 8.

From my research the only page he actually gets feedback for selling is on page 1. Where you find 4 negatives and one neutral for "items not received/not being shipped", etc.. All items sold are also in the range of being less than 10 GBP.

All the other pages, 2-67 are from small purchases made from mostly the same sellers. Nothing about him selling.

This is merely a warning- food for thought. If you are confident in buying, then buy. I'm not here to stop you.

I'm only trying to provide information that I think all potential buyers should know before sending payment.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,224
    It is official. Everyone has gone bonkers!!
    jasorFollowsCloselyLegoFanTexas
  • xeeeejxeeeej Member Posts: 71
    Can we at least move this to marketplace? The circling sharks would be more at home there...
    binaryeyeRennymargotBrickDancerLegoLegoFanTexas
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 3,375
    Meh, I'd have collected from him.
  • mountebankmountebank Member Posts: 1,236
    edited August 2013
    In that case, you ought to offer a middleman service in which you inspect, pay, and collect on behalf of buyers who would otherwise have to rely on delivery by post, and charge 30% of the Bricklink value of any approved and collected sets
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,224
    Does this mean we can't comment anymore because this thread was moved to the Marketplace? Just trying to follow the rules ;)
    FollowsClosely
    I would have posted either way.

For the sake of the Brickset community I'd rather post, be wrong, and then look like an idiot as opposed to not posting, being right, and multiple people get scammed.
    Dougout
  • tom4086tom4086 Member Posts: 689
    It all seems a little too good to be true....
  • kempo81kempo81 Wiltshire, UKMember Posts: 961
    @samiam391 if you look back at pincer's discussion history in his profile he has posted this thread before and has name dropped Huw as someone he has sold sets to. He didn't have to publish his eBay username either but chose to... Perhaps benefit of the doubt here?
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    I think that's enough editorial on this marketplace thread, I'm awaiting confirmation but I'm pretty sure at this time that Huw has purchased from pincer previously without issue.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^Even if, didn't infamous Monty have quite a few successful trades before going for the grand prize?
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    It was a very large purchase.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    samiam391 said:

I would have posted either way.

For the sake of the Brickset community I'd rather post, be wrong, and then look like an idiot as opposed to not posting, being right, and multiple people get scammed.

You totally did the right thing...
  • kempo81kempo81 Wiltshire, UKMember Posts: 961
    ^ that didn't take long!

*face plants computer desk*

I actually give up...
    LostInTranslation
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    Lets chalk the previous commentary to the thread being originally misplaced.

Going forward, if someone has a similar concern about a marketplace offer, feel free to contact the staff here via PM or in case of site issues via the Brickset Main Site "Contact Us" feature.
    kempo81SirKevbags
  • DougoutDougout Member Posts: 888
    Yes, this seemed too good to be true when I checked earlier. I'm glad someone here did some research on behalf of the community.
    edited August 2013
    I'm honestly more than happy to look like an idiot. I'd like nothing better than for this to not be a scam and for someone to get some sets they've been wanting at a fantastic price.

My apologies for causing a stir where one was un-warranted, and also an apology to @Pincer for questioning their integrity. The past few months haven't been kind to me in terms of honest people, so I've perhaps gotten somewhat paranoid.

Merely a case of attempting to be safe rather than sorry. However, next time I will send a quick PM to the mods before proceeding further and posting on my own :o)
  • DoubleDDoubleD Oklahoma, USAMember Posts: 488
    Dies anyone know where he is located at
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    ^ "The items are based near Gatwick Airport if you wish to collect."
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,334
    I'm happy to vouch for @pincer: I bought a shed-load of Star Wars sets from him in 2012. I picked them up from his house and saw the stacks of MISB sets carefully packed in cardboard boxes in his garage :)
    kempo81SirKevbagsLostInTranslationcoachiePaperballparksamiam391CapnRex101jasor
    Idiot it is... Happy buying everyone ;o)
    kempo81FollowsCloselyjasorLegoboy