Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Differentiating Sales/Marketplace Threads by Region

margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
edited August 2013 in Forum Operation
I'm trying to figure out why every thread title in shopping UK is preferenced with [UK] and hardly any of the marketplace threads that end up being "UK only" are preferenced with [UK]? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Comments

• margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    Wanted to add that it's not just UK posters that don't specify country in Marketplace. I guess what I'm trying to figure out is why everyone prefaces Shopping UK with UK? It seems obvious that it's UK. LOL. (preface not preference in above post)
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    Shopping threads include the [Region] in the front of the title to help those of us browsing via phone or on computer via All Discussions view.

Marketplace thread titles are followed by a (Region) if the author chooses to limit the listing to a region. Many do indeed want to limit the solicitation to a region but just forget to note such in the title or OP. Mandating what is included in a new Marketplace thread has been discussed for years but, currently, the only hard rule is against 3rd party commentary on valuation.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    ^ah, got it, thanks @Yellowcastle . I knew there had to be an explanation!
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    (Does a Boba Fett nod)
    margotsidersddkempo81