Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Differentiating Sales/Marketplace Threads by Region

margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
edited August 2013 in Forum Operation
I'm trying to figure out why every thread title in shopping UK is preferenced with [UK] and hardly any of the marketplace threads that end up being "UK only" are preferenced with [UK]? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Comments

• margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    Wanted to add that it's not just UK posters that don't specify country in Marketplace. I guess what I'm trying to figure out is why everyone prefaces Shopping UK with UK? It seems obvious that it's UK. LOL. (preface not preference in above post)
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    Shopping threads include the [Region] in the front of the title to help those of us browsing via phone or on computer via All Discussions view.

Marketplace thread titles are followed by a (Region) if the author chooses to limit the listing to a region. Many do indeed want to limit the solicitation to a region but just forget to note such in the title or OP. Mandating what is included in a new Marketplace thread has been discussed for years but, currently, the only hard rule is against 3rd party commentary on valuation.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    ^ah, got it, thanks @Yellowcastle . I knew there had to be an explanation!
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    (Does a Boba Fett nod)
    margotsidersddkempo81