Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Hot topics should be renamed cold topics!

legobigblokelegobigbloke UKMember Posts: 47
The Hot topics section of the front page, has 2 reviews from June, and a Lego [email protected] entry for July. We are now in late August........ Perhaps this section should be dropped if no regularly updated. It must make new visitors feel the site is stale. Although we all know that it isn't (only the Hot Topics bit!).

:)

Purely constructive criticism.

Comments

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,452
    You are right, and in fact I thought I had removed it a while ago, but it turns out it was still appearing if you hadn't customised your home page or weren't logged in.

I find it hard to keep it filled with interesting content, so I've now hopefully removed it for everyone.
    legobigbloke
  • legobigblokelegobigbloke UKMember Posts: 47
    No problem, Huw. And it is now gone from my non-logged in work IE view.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    I kinda like the idea of cold topics.

"Galaxy Explorer unveiled at Kay Bee Toys: Fans Complain about the Moveable arms."
    Pitfall69T_Lars
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,640
    Why not display the 4 news with the most comments, those are usually the "hot topics". When doing the ranking remove 1,2 or 3 per day since the review have been posted to automatically renew them without a manual intervention.