Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Cuusoo Creations

tjspencer1tjspencer1 Member Posts: 10
I have been a member of Cuusoo for just over a week and have created two projects which I am very proud of. In this time I have upset the entire Christian fan base regarding my Origin of the minifigure exhibit, annoyed one of the most active Cuusoo reviewers about my tagging and been accused of copying someone elses project. Is it just me, or does it seem that Cuusoo is more of a forum for criticisms rather than looking at the build ingenuity and the talent of designing? Has anyone else found this to be the case? All I am trying to do is design models that are the closest resemblance to something Lego would actually take seriously rather than a competition between members. Please tell me your thoughts?

Comments

• tjspencer1tjspencer1 Member Posts: 10
    If you like a particular theme, why are you not supporting all of them, for example? The whole point is to try and get the items made by Lego right?
    I would just like to add my thanks to those of you who have supported me so far - This means a huge amount for the time it's taken me and the effort I've put in
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    I think you're worrying too much about the opinions of a few people.

In this time I have upset the entire Christian fan base regarding my Origin of the minifigure exhibit,

Unless some comments have been deleted, the "entire Christian fanbase" seems to be, at most, a few people. The logic of the most vocal isn't particularly sound: "I'm a christian, and since Lego doesn't allow religion related things in sets, I don't think that there should be things that oppose religion in sets." A religion may choose to oppose science, but that doesn't mean science opposes that religion or, more importantly, is therefore part of that religion. Suggesting a reference to Darwin be removed on the grounds that LEGO avoids religious subject is ridiculous.

I suggest you post what you want to CUUSOO (within its guidelines) and not worry about the few who may disagree.

annoyed one of the most active Cuusoo reviewers about my tagging

If you're referring to GlenBricker, it seems he's been supportive of you. I don't see anything about tagging.

and been accused of copying someone elses project.

Your project is different enough that it's not copying. It it were an original idea, accusations of copying a project may have merit, but Jurassic Park is a well-known property with clearly defined imagery and scenes.

Is it just me, or does it seem that Cuusoo is more of a forum for criticisms rather than looking at the build ingenuity and the talent of designing?

I think CUUSOO suffers a bit because some view it as a popularity contest. For example, comments from some that they will support one Jurassic Park project but not another. If they are truly fans of the movie, they'd support both.

It seems the people that post comments on CUUSOO are generally less mature than those that post, for example, on Brickset's forums. So in some cases much is made of trivial matters. For example, comments on another Jurassic Park project criticizing the models shown because they are renders and not "actually" built. Here we have an amazing, brick-built T-Rex, and people are complaining that it's not real.
    Thank you all for your supportive advice. I shall carry on doing what I'm doing. Like I said in another post, I am new to Cuusoo and bar a select few I don't feel particularly welcomed by the community. I shall get over it though, just took me by surprise.
    Have a couple more projects on Cuusoo to change direction from the Jurassic Park incident from last week.
    http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/47763
    http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/48240
    What are your thoughts on rendered images versus actual lego? - Also, I have a Mr Gold fig that I'm considering selling on ebay. Does anyone know a going rate?
  • DStonebrakerDStonebraker Member Posts: 6
    I'd like to see the element you removed from your Museum, can it be found elsewhere? It sounds interesting and I love the whole concept you've created.
    Believe me it was nothing worth the stink. It was a mini fig of Charles Darwin that seemed to offend. I removed it from the description but you can still see it in the background of one of the pics
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,824
    Did the creationists get you?
  • durazno33durazno33 Member Posts: 45
    edited September 2013
    Hmm...
  • DarthWalleDarthWalle Member Posts: 10
    Hi TJ, I just voted for your museum on Cuusoo. I am following you on Twitter now. Good luck to you - you make great projects!
    tjspencer1