Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO Ideas: Original Projects vs. Final Sets (2023 update)

Brickset.comBrickset.com Administrator Posts: 1,172,928
edited January 22 in Brickset.com articles
LEGO Ideas: Original Projects vs. Final Sets (2023 update)

LEGO Ideas creations are consistently updated before becoming official sets, usually improving their strength, altering construction methods or simply introducing more colour.

These changes are sometimes controversial and were summarised in an article two years ago, while an update was published in 2022. Several further sets have been released since then, including the contentious 21337 Table Football, which required remarkable alterations.

Continue reading »

© 2023 Brickset.com. Republication prohibited without prior permission.

Comments

• andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,865
    On the whole, it's totally understandable why lego make the changes they do (available parts, price point, techniques, market etc).

As it is more a platform of ideas rather than products, I remember thinking 'what's the worst model you could submit, that would still get voted on because of the idea'. And then BTS passed the review. 
    560HeliportMarshallmarioBumblepants
  • KeilupKeilup Frisco, TXMember Posts: 201
    andhe said:
    And then BTS passed the review. 
    Ha ha!  Yeah, not for me.  But take a step back and look and I can see why it was made by Lego.  Probably a target audience this fits that they can sell to and make a nice profit.  For the rest - parts pack.
    560Heliportandhe
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 3,456
    The first run of these will be gobbled up almost instantly I reckon, and that's everywhere (there are at least some BTS fans in every corner of the globe). And when stocks are replenished there will be some that shelfwarm for months in the parts of the world BTS don't dominate (until reduced to 50%).