Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

EXPIRED: [USA] TRU BOGO 50% Harry Potter, Star Wars, Creator, Technic, and Duplo (July 17-23)

2»

Comments

• kylejohnson11kylejohnson11 Member Posts: 508
    @Robb @sonsofsceva @rocao The lady I spoke with on the phone for TRU was very helpful. I went the same path as @sonsofsceva wife and asked to see if the Fire Brigade was in stock, she told me no, but signed me up on the notification list. Then moved onto the Grand Emporium. After a little chit chatting and pointing out it says "Creator" in the title but isn't included in the sale, she agreed that it should be and typed in her special code to make it qualify. Then she asked if I wanted a Christmas Tree or a Snowman :)

As of right now my order is still processing, placed it about noon pst yesterday. I'll let you know when it ships.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    Go get yer Grand Emporiums. It's working on the web site now. No sweet talking needed.
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 542
    edited July 2011
    Six GEs left in stock still. Echo Base is back.
  • CancanCancan Member Posts: 31
    Has anyone's order shipped yet? I placed two orders shortly after midnight when the sale went live, but both are still processing. I don't often order from TRU so I don't know if this is normal for them.
    @Cancan all items in my order currently say "Item(s) located in stock" and I ordered yesterday around 12 PM PST. I'm new to the TRU purchasing as well so I am in wait and see mode.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    No shipments yet, although during the previous two BOGO 50% and B2G3 90%, there was a long delay but everything I ordered went from "Item located in stock" status to being shipped, so keep those fingers crossed.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,242
    Hillside and GE gone
    Tower Bridge back in stock.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,236
    Id be upset about missing the GE but it will still be out for another year and I am guessing will be in more BOGO sales.... Not to mention my credit cards are also happy I am nnot worried about getting GE's right now :-)
    No shipments yet, although during the previous two BOGO 50% and B2G3 90%, there was a long delay but everything I ordered went from "Item located in stock" status to being shipped, so keep those fingers crossed.
    Everything I got has shipping notifications for delivery tomorrow.. man the UPS guy is going to LOVE me...

7965 Millennium Falcon is in stock ($10 TRU markup)
    Emerald Night is back in stock
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,242
    Half the good sets are now back while the others are now gone. %#%*€#}^<
    edited July 2011
    Ugh the 2 Death Stars is all I was getting for SW Lego at this time...
    And already got two EN's on Saturday night :-)
    Lots in stock - Tower Bridge, Diagon Alley, Grand Emporium, Falcon, Frigate, Endor, Emerald Night, Shuttle, Sith Infiltrator. Red Cargo Train too. I noticed the Yellow Cargo Train is out-of-stock. Interesting, considering it's not part of the BOGO. I wonder if it will be discontinued sooner than later considering they have the Red one now.
    Doh. No GE or Diagon.
    Check that, GE avail.
    Check that, GE avail is a phantom avail.
  • RobbRobb Member Posts: 144
    Has anyone ever returned a BOGO 50% item to TRU before? If so, how do they process the refund? Do they refund the 100%, 75%, or 50% if you only return one item?
    ^ I typically buy in pairs of the same set, and when I've attempted to return one of the items they've attempted to only refund me the 50% off one. Not 75% like you'd think. Now, I haven't tried this myself (because I think it's abusing the system), but supposedly if you buy two different items, you can successfully return the 100% item. Which nets you one set at 50% off.
  • LegogeekLegogeek Orange County, CaliforniaMember Posts: 711
    Has anyone ever returned a BOGO 50% item to TRU before? If so, how do they process the refund? Do they refund the 100%, 75%, or 50% if you only return one item?
    On recent purchases I recall that the invoice slip show discounts spread out over all items... I'd have to check an old receipt to confirm if that's what's done with the BOGO 50% items too. If it is, it makes it easier for the store to credit returns, and more difficult for buyers to turn around and return items for more credit than they should really get....

• clowndiscuslegoclowndiscuslego Member Posts: 97
    i returned 3 that i had bought at target on their buy one get one 50% off. as the 3 i bought were all the same and were to be birthday gifts, but changed mind, anyways the first 2 were returned fine, the 3rd set was also returned at 75%
    Still patentially waiting for my items to be marked as "Shipped." They have been as "Stock Located" for 3 days. I ordered on Monday 7/18. Anybody else been waiting a bit to get tracking numbers?
    According to UPS mine should ALL be arriving today. I ordered on Sunday and Monday.
    My 2 Death Stars and 1 Hogwarts arrived today. Still waiting for Diagon Alley (scheduled for tomorrow.) Trying to decide if I should go for a Grand Emporium before the sale runs out ...
    edited July 2011
    ^---GE is sold out again....

As for the stuff I ordered
    Got all of mine today....
    Some boxes are demolished though so it will be interesting to see the condition of the Lego boxes themselves
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    ^ Around 1 in 3 boxes I get from TRU are destroyed...and I mean smashed, squashed, completely ripped open on one or more sides with the packing slip long gone.....I could not do more damage myself if I took my baseball bat to them. I have received thousands of packages from UPS and the TRU boxes are the only ones like this so it must be an issue at their warehouse. Completely unacceptable and worthy of a complete refund or chargeback for me.
    Well I just got the shipping information for my Christmas Tree. Still no tracking on my Grand Emporiums. Worst case scenario I'll have a Christmas Tree :)
    My wife just got an e-mail from TRU for a 20% off one item coupon good for tomorrow and Saturday. It seems it is tied to the rewards account. Might be a good time for me to pick up the Blacksmith :)
  • sl592sl592 Member Posts: 5
    Hi. I'm a fist time poster here. For those who have received the death star from TRU, do they tend to arrive bashed up, given that it's a heavy lego box shipped within a flimsy shipping box?
    I haven't received mine yet, but I believe the experience of those that had received theirs from previous deals was that TRU ships them in the LEGO factory carton which is tight fitting and should protect the actual product box.
  • snowconesnowcone Member Posts: 16
    Referring to my other post (http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/1225/tru-inconsistent-customer-service#Item_7) and some more details here -

I called TRU a three times on different orders. I think I talked to the same rep twice because she told me promo couldn't be stacked. If I didn't want my order, she could cancel for me. She said the same thing twice in different calls. She didn't even help me to re-order to get the free shipping. (I would think she could remove my coupon and gave me back the FS promo.)

A call for another order I had just similar to @kylejohnson11 and a few others here - the rep could adjust the price on GE and happily added the snowman promo for me.
    GE is back in stock.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    well, after avoiding the sale all week, i finally broke down today and placed two orders:

GE/Diagon
    Tower Bridge/UCS Shuttle

Good thing wife and I have separate bank accounts...
    ^ Haha, me too. I broke down as well and also ordered the Diagon and Emporium. If only they were in stock on Monday.
    Alrighty, update on my end of the TRU world...

Yesterday afternoon I received 3 shipping notifications. 1 for each Grand Emporium and 1 for the Christmas Tree. Guess I have 3 packages due to arrive on Tuesday :)

Yesterday my wife also got a 20% off one item coupon good for today and tomorrow. So we ventured over there today with the intention to use it on a Blacksmith and we returned home with 7939 Cargo Train :)

With that said, I will be tapping out of majority of the future deals. I told my wife my last purchases this year will be Series 5 and 6 (if it comes out Nov/Dec), Fire Brigade, Advent Calendar, and the Winter Post Office. So we will see how well her and I stick to the plan :) The Emerald Night might end up being the chink in the armor of it.

@snowcone I'm glad you were able to get your GE's eventually.
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 542
    @kylejohnson11 :Where did your wife get the 20% off coupon?
    Rest and recoup and enjoy your sets!
  • JP3804JP3804 Member Posts: 332
    I received one in a TRU e-mail. Grab the new cargo train before they add their mark up. :-)
    I am getting REALLY sick of not getting any of these TRU % off coupon like everyone else gets in their email.. I am checking my SPAM filters and finding no such emails either.. getting really frustrating....
    @madforlegos Have you registered your Rewards # online?
    @sonofsceva Just a random rewards member email.
    edited July 2011
    I was registered a long time ago... I get my coupons and have my email address on file with them...
    My email address is registered (My current email address) and I have the options to send me promotions and deal email and such as 'On' or checked...

I mean, is it because I do not have a rewards credit card or something?
  • JP3804JP3804 Member Posts: 332
    ^ I don,t have a rewards credit card and I always seem to get them. What did you do to p**s them off ? :-)
    ^---I dunno, maybe I spend too much there and they do not give coupons to those who spend large amounts of money...lol