Please use our links: LEGO.com • Amazon
Brickset.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Associates Program and the Amazon EU Associates Programme, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
*1. Green Grocer
*2. Cafe Corner
*3. Market St - I think a lot of people don't like this as its overtly Dutch i.e. foreign-looking, whereas the rest are more in styles that are more familar worldwide. Personally I like the variety.
*4. Pet Shop - not built mine yet but reckon it'll be here.
*5. Grand Emporium
For perspective, most of my lego colelction fits in the following numbers, followed by
*1000. Fire Brigade - ugly, dont know why, Ive never really liked it.
If I were to choose a geographical location where you'd see all these in one street, I'd say possibly NE France or Belgium.
I'm interested in all the modular buildings since I think they each have the potential to teach me some great building techniques. I can't get the old ones, but I still plan to study the instructions for building ideas and make my own versions inspired by the originals.
2) Pet Shop
4) Fire Brigade
5) Cafe Corner
I don't consider Market Street part of the "official" Modular collection, so I won't include it in my list.
And as for "Hate for Market St.", a ten-fold increase in price since the set was retired seems to suggest that there's a fair bit of love for the set rather than hate.....
1. Green Grocer - Outside and in, it is a nice building to look at and interact with
2. Pet Shop - It has lots of details both inside and out
3. Grand Emporium - I dig the classy shop feel and the humourous element they threw in
4. Fire Brigade - a VERY classy-looking building with great stuff inside, but for some reason, not the one I think of first as a favourite.
2. Pet Shop - Two buildings, great townhouse feel, again, amazing interior
3. Cafe Corner - Great overall look, would be higher if it had an interior
4. Fire Brigade - Nice vintage look, never really liked the first floor exterior though
5. Grand Emporium - Incredible interior, but exterior is just too repetitive
6. Market Street - Amazing set, but too small to stack up against the rest
The only reason Market Street is rated last is due to it's smaller size. It's an incredible set, but it just isn't the same. The small garage just doesn't work next to all the other Modulars.