Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Should we continue the Poll about the Discussion about Anger about Resellers?

:o)
LostInTranslationSirKevbagsLeonCtiminchicagoPitfall69LegoFanTexasrancorbaitjoel4motionBanditdougtsyys4umargotMatthewcharlatan13MathBuildery2joshJosephkhmellymeljasorsidersddCoolsplashMinifigsMeTheCultLeaderMasterBeefy

Comments

• LegoManiaccLegoManiacc Member Posts: 116
    Lamayo
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    No
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    Lmao! What next.
  • charlatan13charlatan13 Member Posts: 118
    I would imagine a poll would be next...
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,285
    That's a really good question. I think it'd be wise to open another thread that's a poll so we can vote on it. Comments should be allowed too.;o)
    Maybe give it a catching title such as #41999 back in stock due to increased demand - a few people might click on it.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,401
    I'm sorry. I don't swear in the forums but..."For F**k's Sake!!"

Humorous. I love it ;)
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409

Maybe give it a catching title such as #41999 back in stock due to increased demand - a few people might click on it.

Shame Brickset doesn't get paid per click... :)
    Should we create a poll about weather or not huw should ban Yellowcastle?

Kidding @Yellowcastle
    LegoFanTexasLostInTranslationMathBuilderYellowcastlejasor
  • klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 721
    image Beware! The Blob.
    pvancil27EKSam

Shame Brickset doesn't get paid per click... :)
    ^ I probably shouldn't post comments like that or i'll get banned myself. ;-)
  • BanditBandit Member Posts: 890
    I just lol'd all over myself.
    jasor
  • pvancil27pvancil27 Member Posts: 588
    I object to this post as it is biased against my people, and is therefor prejudice against my kind.
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    I can't believe you actually made this thread.... haha
  • jasorjasor United StatesMember Posts: 839
    Somehow I missed this. I think this thread was good levity to all the "drama (short a sounds please)" tension today.
  • CrowkillersCrowkillers Member Posts: 757
    text
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,532
    Oi! Nicking my idea! ;)
  • MathBuilderMathBuilder Member Posts: 150
    ^ Should we make a poll to discuss weather or not Yellowcastle stole your IP...?
    ^ I'm not sure, we might need a poll to decide that
  • CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
  • Brick_ObsessionBrick_Obsession in a "Brick" house - Calgary, AlbertaMember Posts: 654
    How about we just display images of what we think about the reseller conversations.

Anyone want to post a picture of a herd of horses being flogged to death?
    Your wish is my command...
    tamamahmkhmellymelFenrisAkashiMasterBeefythenosplasmodiumJP3804tedward
    I hate the dead horse beating thing. Isn't 90% of the reseller thread repeating the same thing (ie beating a dead horse) Doesn't mean it should be closed.
  • Brick_ObsessionBrick_Obsession in a "Brick" house - Calgary, AlbertaMember Posts: 654
    It should be closed in my opinion because like an "a$$hole" everyone has an opinion. Why does everyone have to express their opinion? You like it or you don't. Why do we offer a soapbox for people to get up and broadcast their view on this subject. We know it's polarizing. Has anything positive come out of the debate?
    edited August 2013

It should be closed in my opinion because like an "a$$hole" everyone has an opinion. Why does everyone have to express their opinion? You like it or you don't. Why do we offer a soapbox for people to get up and broadcast their view on this subject. We know it's polarizing. Has anything positive come out of the debate?

Isn't that one of the major components of an Internet forum? A place to share your opinions? Not trying to be a jerk here - but without that aspect this place would be pretty boring.
    YellowcastleMasterBeefy
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    edited August 2013

I'm guessing you mean the original thread rather than the poll about the thread!

I've dipped in and out and been an a$$hole in there too, so can offer some insight without you having to wade in. Believe it or not there has actually been some positive stuff buried in there amongst the horror. I think my impression is correct; that the majority of the main commentators have agreed that 'reselling stuff' should not bleed out of 'reselling threads'.

Also, we are now discussing the Zombie Apocalypse which is cool. Like an a$$hole, I'm trying to encourage it.
    edited August 2013
    Those who want it closed: People who are unable to not read a thread they don't like.

Those who want it open: Those who can not click something they don't care about.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited August 2013

:o)

See... now this is what I should've done, instead of 'bumping' the reseller thread... (far too subtle... and of course missed, given the nature of said thread getting pages-worth of comments per hour).

http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/comment/214106/#Comment_214106

But the worse part, is the only 'like' it got was given to the guy who laughed! LOL

(Like applauding the audience for clapping!)

;oD
  • iancam33iancam33 Member Posts: 407
    It looks like I am late to the comment party and all the good responses are taken up already, bugger.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    ^ If it doesn't stop @Pitfall69, why should it stop you. ;o)
    rancorbaitmargottiminchicago
  • LegoMom1LegoMom1 Member Posts: 652
    edited August 2013
    @Yellowcastle- As a fairly new forum member, I am usually just on the outside of the inside jokes, and I only sometimes get the sarcasm, so I have to ask, are you serious with this topic, or are you trying to make a point about the absurdity that the discussions on this topic have reached?
    Doodad
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,285
    LegoMom1 said:

@Yellowcastle- As a fairly new forum member, I am usually just on the outside of the inside jokes, and I only sometimes get the sarcasm, so I have to ask, are you serious with this topic, or are you trying to make a point about the absurdity that the discussions on this topic have reached?

A thing you should know about @Yellowcastle is that he is never serious, unless he's serious.
    Joseph
    I follow the Road House rules.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,401
    ^If being an Administrator doesn't work out for you, there's always Barber College ;)
  • LegoMom1LegoMom1 Member Posts: 652

Doodad

Red, blue or yellow? ;)

LegoMom1 said:

Doodad

Red, blue or yellow? ;)

As my daughter would say... RAINBOW!!! :)

(Care Bear Power!)
  • CrowkillersCrowkillers Member Posts: 757
    ^ Ok, I'll bite... huh?

I don't get it... am I just too old?
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    You Know a Thread Should Be Closed When.......

1 - Annoying GIF's start appearing.
    YellowcastleJoseph
  • LegoManiaccLegoManiacc Member Posts: 116
    2 - A post appears about why a thread should be closed.
    edited August 2013
    Ahh just close the lot - all three threads. It's getting old now.
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    The original has kinda closed itself, not been on-topic for ages and I think those still reading it like it that way! I think it should stay open (forever), as when (not if) this all flares up again, most people will know exactly what the contents of the thread will be and can safely ignore it.

But I agree the admins should shut this thread and the poll as these have definitely run their course. The poll has shown no clear majority and once that is acknowledged, this thread serves no purpose in existing either.
  • JP3804JP3804 Member Posts: 332
    One unforeseen consequence of the last few days is that popcorn futures rose while the rest of the U.S. stock market tanked. ;-)
  • emilewskiemilewski CT, USAMember Posts: 475
    ^ Mmmmm...popcorn....
    Since it was ballpark's idea in the first place...
    Pitfall69
This discussion has been closed.

Shopping at LEGO.com or Amazon?

Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon

Recent discussions Categories Privacy Policy

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brickset.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Associates Program and the Amazon EU Associates Programme, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.