Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

EXPIRED: [US] #41999 In Stock for $169.99 @ TRU Online

itsnotmeitsnotme Member Posts: 112
edited August 2013 in Shopping USA/Canada

Comments

• BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,288
    Huh. Surprised Lego let anyone else sell it. Good luck getting a pristine box from TRU. Still awfully tempting though...
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    Can't see anywhere that it says Exclusive Edition. They use Co-creation. If it is a non-exclusive version then a lot of resellers will wished they sold already, as although the limited edition will bring a premium this will bring the price down from the $600 a couple have sold for.
  • BillybrownBillybrown UKMember Posts: 748
    Basta said:

Can't see anywhere that it says Exclusive Edition. They use Co-creation. If it is a non-exclusive version then a lot of resellers will wished they sold already, as although the limited edition will bring a premium this will bring the price down from the $600 a couple have sold for.

@Basta if you scan over the pics and zoom it says Exclusive Edition.

edited August 2013
    Ok, couldn't see any mention in the description or title (description is actually not for this set). Lego call it "4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition" while TRU call it "4x4 Crawler Co-creation".
    Well I went ahead and bit. No way this set loses money even if the price does end up falling. Plus with two, I can keep one for myself and hopefully have the 2nd pay it off.
    ^ yeah no doubt if it is one of the 20000 exclusives and there is no non-exclusive version it will be fine. Either way once word gets out I expect TRU to sell out in a mater if hours.
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,653
    I would not be surprised it is a non limited edition. The 41999 came with an extra 2x4 tile and a 41999 licence plate sticker for it.
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 675
    Does TRU cancel multiple orders if there's a limit per customer?
  • jdylakjdylak Member Posts: 281
    The box they show on the TRU page is the same as what is being sold on ebay. TRU box picture says "Exclusive Edition" with the same piece count. I went ahead and ordered one. Thanks for the link!
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    @itsnotme Thanks for sharing! I did place an order, we will see if it goes through.
    Funny thing is that the product description on the #41999 TRU page seems to be for MBA #20216, another LEGO exclusive...
  • Pacific493Pacific493 Member Posts: 379
    Thanks. I put in an order and will keep my fingers crossed.
  • canon03canon03 USAMember Posts: 330
    ^ Same here.
  • lulwutlulwut Member Posts: 417
    Argh, out of stock? Not showing up in cart.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,905
    Already gone it looks. Takes it out of my cart when I try to checkout.
  • andystarandystar Member Posts: 275
    edited August 2013
    shows as Out of Stock now
    Yes, got one order through. Got a free promo and saved 15% on a set that is nearly sold out. Thanks for the tip off itsnotme.
  • itsnotmeitsnotme Member Posts: 112
    No problem. Glad that a few people were able to snag one. Now let's see if they actually ship!
    Received an email on my order that states delayed shipment, so we'll see if they ever get them sent out.
  • Pacific493Pacific493 Member Posts: 379
    canon03 said:

Received an email on my order that states delayed shipment, so we'll see if they ever get them sent out.

What time did you order? I'm not holding my breath on these, but my order status says that the items have been located in the tru warehouse so I'm somewhat hopeful.

7:45 central time.
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 867
    Showing up in stock and in my cart. I will leave it to someone else to get. Hopefully little Timmy and not Darth Reseller ;).
    margot
    Mine shows being processed. Ordered about 7:45 eastern.
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    I read this this morning at about 9 am. If any of you have seen Stephen Colbert pull out his calculator and have at it... well, my keyboard deserves an apology. TRU let me get all the way through checkout, punching in my member number and my (2) 20 digit Rewards codes, add the promo code, sign in to Paypal, submit order, aaaaand... no.
    margot
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,665
    edited August 2013
    Out of stock for me, not surprising as when I checked the forum.
    What is suprising is TRU getting these, only having them listed for 199.99 AND allowing a discount code to work with the purchase.
    I would say those who missed out, do ont expect this again.
    Now that TRU knows how fast they sell I see them going for 219.99 (if not higher) and put into the 'Hard to Find' catagory to make as much as they can off of these.

Also, someone needs to change the title to stop people from unncessarily falling off of chairs.
    The website did claim it is 'In stores and online' so there is perhaps a chance one might find this set in a TRU if you are willing to be bothered to check.
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    ^ don't think so. It says in stores for many products that aren't.
    My status is "located in stock".
    Mine also says status located in stock.
    ^So does mine and no change in status today. Hoping it still goes through.
  • andystarandystar Member Posts: 275
    edited August 2013
    I received shipping confirmation, package is 8.1 lbs, which is about right for #41999
  • cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    Would not be surprised if they are the real deal, but am very surprised that TRU had the sets at below RRP. Am shocked about that! Some very fortunate people to have gotten the set for $169.99 if they are 41999's.
  • MathBuilderMathBuilder Member Posts: 150
    My understanding is that they were at retail 199.99 but they were able to use the 15% off coupon.
    Lucky indeed.
    I could not sleep well that night so I ended up going to sleep 1 hour before the Brickset post and by the time I woke up all were gone, if only I had been awake one more hour :(
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    ^ Don't feel bad: I was up past midnight July 31/Aug 1 and didnt bother ordering before I went to bed. Mistake? Could have been, but since I ordered when they were back ordered the poly shipped separately. Boosted my karma for a while. :-)
    Got my shipping confirmation from TRU today as well.
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,327
    Hats off to TRU. They provided another option to purchase #41999, they priced the newly released set at RRP, and to take the cake, they even threw in a 15% off coupon.

I'm not sure whether to be happy for you all, or if I should be preparing for the apocalypse tomorrow.
  • ShpadoinkleShpadoinkle 13 hours West of BillundMember Posts: 420
    My question is whether there is any chance that this set could appear in stores? If anyone sees one I sure would appreciate them letting us all know!
    I'm still gonna wait until I see the set in the flesh before I go thanking TRU just yet. I want to hope it wasn't any kind of glitch in their system. The idea of them getting a small allocation makes sense. My other concern is given how they have been shipping items lately (just look up the Masterpiece Edition Transformer Soundwave on their site for examples) the set may arrive completely mangled. I won't really complain because it has been stated here before, of fast, cheap and good, pick two. All 3 are usually not an option :)
    yeah, it may be shipped in a box the side of a fridge. :-) I think TRU only has 3 box sizes. Small, Medium, Extra Large. :-)
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^^I don't collect Transformers, but that Soundwave was spectacular and I may just go for it. Hope it's not a slippery slope like Lego.
    cloaked7 said:

yeah, it may be shipped in a box the side of a fridge. :-) I think TRU only has 3 box sizes. Small, Medium, Extra Large. :-)

Really, I only got XL boxes, XXL or XXXL, nothing else :) .. oh wait.. I once got a set from TRU in a box smaller than the set.. so they taped 2 shipping boxes together..

• vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,185

^^I don't collect Transformers, but that Soundwave was spectacular and I may just go for it. Hope it's not a slippery slope like Lego.

Yeah I want Soundwave more than the Crawler, but I think at the moment it is more rare. Fortunately it does sound like they are making more unlike the limited edition crawler.

My Crawler shipped as well: 8lbs.

Hate TRU getting MP exclusives. I wasted gas daily scouting for a MP-10 and found one right before they completely disappeared from the shelves.
    Got shipping notification too but it did not include the freebie Chima Croc poly in the info. Here is to hoping it comes separate in an envelope without damaging the Crawler.

Got shipping notification too but it did not include the freebie Chima Croc poly in the info. Here is to hoping it comes separate in an envelope without damaging the Crawler.

Same here with my order. I thought when I saw the email it would be that the Chima set shipped but was other way around.

• cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    In case it hasn't already been posted - this is from TLG...
    TRU US has secured a deal that gave them a portion of the 41999 to sell as part of the LEGO Technic Marketing efforts.
    edited August 2013

In case it hasn't already been posted - this is from TLG...

TRU US has secured a deal that gave them a portion of the 41999 to sell as part of the LEGO Technic Marketing efforts.
    That's funny. Quite the marketing plan. Let's go after the Sunday 1AM crowd. :-) Or, is it Monday 1AM? (No offense to those that snagged one in the wee hours. Now I wish I were a night owl!)

Even though I was able to submit the order early Sunday morning, it doesn't appear they will be able to fulfill it. The order status is "Back-ordered". Typical TRU.
  • bluedragonbluedragon United StatesMember Posts: 494
    I ordered mine on sunday morning and it's being delivered tomorrow. More of an early bird than a night owl :-)!
    ^ The 'early bird' did in fact get the worm this time! :-) I'm glad for you!