Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What ships, characters, or scenes from Star Wars would you like to see in LEGO ?

Comments

• LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    Regarding the Yuuzhan Vong, something interesting to consider is that bringing down the Empire actually make their invasion worse...

Had the Emperor been left in place and the Empire allowed to grow strong and expand, there would have been multiple Death Stars, along with perhaps hundreds of Super Star Destroyers, perhaps one hundred thousand Imperial Star Destroyers, and an impressive number of Stormtroopers ready to fight.

You also would have had an Imperial Navy that was able to respond in force on day one without the normal "lets be peaceful" ways of the New Republic.

So perhaps the whole Alliance to Restore the Republic was a mistake, and the Emperor knew what he was doing? :)

Just thinking out-loud...
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,434
    @LegoFanTexas - they did mention something about the Emporer forseeing some invasion coming in the future in Survivor's Quest I think. If I remember correctly, that's why he sent Thrawn beyond the outer rim.

It's an interesting point you made... if there were less reliance on force users (the Vong don't have force auras I guess) then maybe overwhelming force would have worked better.
    :) Sometimes winning a war isn't about fineess, it is about applying more firepower than the other guy in a given period of time. Doesn't always work of course, but there are few substitutes for brute force in war.

Forgetting the Star Destroyers for a minute, even the Super, which would have been required for a conventional battle with the Worldships... The great weapon that was missing from the New Republic was the Death Stars. If they had a few of those, the Super Laser could well have made a difference, destroying the Worldships with a single shot.

As an example, the Baanu Rass was one of the largest worldships, 120k across, almost the size of the first Death Star. You would have needed the Death Star's Super Laser to destroy it outright. Even a dozen Super Star Destroyers would have had problems with that.

So perhaps, in the end, the Emperor was right, after all, 365 Trillion people were killed in the invasion.
  • pvancil27pvancil27 Member Posts: 588
    It's amazing how many good book series there are in the EU, the whole Thrawn trilogy was amazing, the Vong stuff was mindnumbingly well written, all the X-Wing series stuff was great. The whole Jacen Solo story arc.

I do wanna see a Thrawn Mini fig when/if they make another Star Destroyer.
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 678
    I love to see a UCS medical frigate or mon calamari cruiser. There's been a lot of imperial UCS lately, think its time for more from the Alliance
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    @pvancil27 I was looking at the book list wiki for all of the SW universe. Is there some where specific you'd recommend starting? Or just try to start at the earliest time and read through? There looked to be like 200+ books on the list. Are the ones you mentioned some of the best to start with?
  • tvihtvih Member Posts: 92
    Personally I'd love to see a new TIE Interceptor and perhaps even a TIE Bomber and TIE Advanced in the same scale as the TIE Fighter. I realize they'd be redesigns rather than new sets, but I don't have the old ones, and they're those darned blue things anyway. A new, larger Star Destroyer wouldn't hurt either (except in the wallet)!
  • bubbathaluvabubbathaluva Member Posts: 4
    This is what I want to see. I want a Jedi Council, broken up into 4 different sets that you can combine into one full circle of 12 Jedi. Very similar to the action figure sets they put out for Episode I back in the day. 4 different sets that you could connect together to make a full circular room.
    @pvancil27 I was looking at the book list wiki for all of the SW universe. Is there some where specific you'd recommend starting? Or just try to start at the earliest time and read through? There looked to be like 200+ books on the list. Are the ones you mentioned some of the best to start with?
    Lord, that is a hard question...

First, start with the original Thrawn trilogy, those remain some of the best Star Wars Fiction ever...

http://www.amazon.com/Heir-Empire-Star-Wars-Trilogy/dp/0553296124/

Start with that book, then move forward... In my personal opinion, much of the stuff written in the 90s was better, before the Prequels came out.

http://www.amazon.com/Paradise-Snare-Star-Wars-Trilogy/dp/0553574159/
    That is another pack of three books that is a must read...

http://www.amazon.com/Rogue-Squadron-Star-Wars-X-Wing/dp/0553568019
    The X-Wing series, more recent, starts here, also great...

http://www.amazon.com/Courtship-Princess-Leia-Star-Wars/dp/0553569376/
    One more great book...

And so on...
  • Brick_ObsessionBrick_Obsession in a "Brick" house - Calgary, AlbertaMember Posts: 656
    edited July 2012
    I would like to see some more 'Busts'. How about a Darth Vader Bust. To me that would be awesome. Seriously, the fact he was overlooked when they did them is shocking to me. He is iconic. Boba Fett would be awesome too. You could also have a C3PO Bust too, but would prefer to Vader.

I am all for more UCS sets too. And no brain farts like Obi Wan's fighter. I was a true UCS. Bigger is better, at leas 1000 pcs.
    I'd start with the X wing series personally, 9 books (10th being written) and Stackpole and Allston are both top end authors. The Thrawn Trilogy is also good.

I have read about 170 of them myself (that list also includes all the "teen" books too.

I'd say stick with stuff from the post return of the Jedi era, its the best written stuff. Only pre stuff I'd recommend are the Darth Pleagus, Darth Reven books. The Death Star book is ok, as is the rise of vader one, but neither are groundbreaking at all.

Let me think on it for a night and I'll PM you a list of the "Must read" stuff (IMO of course) and the stuff to avoid *cough*shadows*cough*
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    Lord, that is a hard question...

First, start with the original Thrawn trilogy, those remain some of the best Star Wars Fiction ever...

http://www.amazon.com/Heir-Empire-Star-Wars-Trilogy/dp/0553296124/

Start with that book, then move forward... In my personal opinion, much of the stuff written in the 90s was better, before the Prequels came out.

http://www.amazon.com/Paradise-Snare-Star-Wars-Trilogy/dp/0553574159/
    That is another pack of three books that is a must read...

http://www.amazon.com/Rogue-Squadron-Star-Wars-X-Wing/dp/0553568019
    The X-Wing series, more recent, starts here, also great...

http://www.amazon.com/Courtship-Princess-Leia-Star-Wars/dp/0553569376/
    One more great book...

And so on...
    If you're going to read The Courtship of Princess Leia, you may as well start there. It's not Thrawn trilogy good, of course, but it happens first chronologically. Then, if you're concerned about chronology, you should technically read the four Rogue Squadron books (though I personally don't care for any of the X-Wing novels). Additionally, if you're going to read all the X-Wing novels, you may as well start with the Wraith Squadron books, as they lead directly into Courtship (and at that point, since you're now reading everything regardless of quality, you may as well just start at The Truce at Bakura which happens immediately after Jedi).

Beyond the Thrawn trilogy and a lot of what other's have mentioned, I really enjoyed the Corellian trilogy and The Black Fleet Crisis. In my opinion, a lot of the more recent stuff is completely uninteresting, and I've set Apocalypse as a personal stopping point for myself as the farthest from Return of the Jedi I'll proceed.

This is neither here nor there, of course, and I've already weighed in on EU sets I'd like to see (never mind a rancor pit), but once they get around to making a rancor, I wouldn't mind a Dathomir set. Additionally, I think if they continue doing EU sets (which they should), Thrawn, Mara Jade and Talon Karrde. Mara and Talon could easily accompany a Wild Karrde set, but I think a Thrawn figure (to make any sense) would need to be included with a Super Star Destroyer set.
    I'd start with the X wing series personally, 9 books (10th being written) and Stackpole and Allston are both top end authors. The Thrawn Trilogy is also good.

I have read about 170 of them myself (that list also includes all the "teen" books too.

I'd say stick with stuff from the post return of the Jedi era, its the best written stuff. Only pre stuff I'd recommend are the Darth Pleagus, Darth Reven books. The Death Star book is ok, as is the rise of vader one, but neither are groundbreaking at all.

Let me think on it for a night and I'll PM you a list of the "Must read" stuff (IMO of course) and the stuff to avoid *cough*shadows*cough*
    Shadows of the Empire wouldn't have been nearly as bad if they hadn't hyped it as this completely amazing event. Without the hype it would have just been a mediocre, yet passable book. As it wound up, however, it was a colossal disappointment (why they thought the time between Empire and Jedi NEEDED explanation is beyond me...).
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    I would like to see some more 'Busts'. How about a Darth Vader Bust. To me that would be awesome. Seriously, the fact he was overlooked when they did them is shocking to me. He is iconic. Boba Fett would be awesome too. You could also have a C3PO Bust too, but would prefer to Vader.
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,414
    ^That's pretty neat. I like it.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    Mara and Talon could easily accompany a Wild Karrde set,
    From hence forth will be named the "Dustbuster set".

• Brick_ObsessionBrick_Obsession in a "Brick" house - Calgary, AlbertaMember Posts: 656
    Oh I have seen that Boba Bust. Trust me, that thing hits the shelf or the Moc'er decides to sell the instructions I am all over it like white on rice.

I do not hold out hope though that future UCS sets are going to have that "wow" factor.
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 410
    I was watching the original Star Wars the other day, and noticed that the Tie Fighters actually have a blue glow to them in certain areas...

The Star Wars role-playing game books from West End games (late 80's early 90's) has some great source material, and lots of great artwork.

How about a set where that space worm tries to eat the Millenium Falcon?
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,445
    Yes, in Empire during the asteroid science the Tie Fighters do look blue.
    Omg. I hate this tablet!!! Scene not science!!!
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,241
    I want a moisture farm. Is it a terrible idea that would never sell? Probably, but with an Aunt Beru and a glass of blue milk... awesome
  • Mars_Needs_LEGOMars_Needs_LEGO USAMember Posts: 23
    Speaking only for myself, I would love to see a new Cloud City set produced in a "mini-modular" style. Each feature -- carbon-freezing chamber, Leia's apartment, droid furnace, interrogation room, dining room, etc. -- would be small enough to sell individually (somewhat larger than the current battle packs) and have the appropriate minifigs. But they would also fit together, and to further create the Cloud City feeling, they would stack vertically. Leia's apartment would be at the top, with the maintenance core/catwalk just below the carbon-freezing chamber in the middle, and the weather vane structure that Luke clings to at the lowest point. A Cloud Car and a pair of landing platforms (one for the Slave I and one for the Falcon) would be ideal, but might prove unwieldy.

I know it's a rather ambitious set, one that would probably make a better MOC than a mass-production item, but I'd still love to see it. :)

Shadows of the Empire wouldn't have been nearly as bad if they hadn't hyped it as this completely amazing event. Without the hype it would have just been a mediocre, yet passable book. As it wound up, however, it was a colossal disappointment (why they thought the time between Empire and Jedi NEEDED explanation is beyond me...).
    True. I think the reason I love the X Wing series so much is I like the whole common people rebelling against a corrupt government thing way more then the whole jedi force stuff (which is one reason I dislike the Prequals so much, too much jedi crap.)

I find it easier to picture myself as a fighter jock then a wizard ninja.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_books

Thats the list, Chonilogically speaking if you skip everything Pre Return of the Jedi, first thing you should read is Truce at Bakura (decent read, not great but OK) Then the first 7 X Wing Novels. Then you go into Courtship, Tattooine Ghost, Crisis of faith (awesome read BTW, Zahn is a good author) Then the Thrawn Series then the 8th X Wing book.

I personally prefer the post Jedi stuff and always suggest it as first reads just because the main people are all well known which makes it easier to read. Book like Darth Revan are great, except you have no clue who Revan is unless you played the first KOTOR game.

They are "teen read" level books, but the first 4 Boba Fett books are actually very good reads too. Only takes about an hour-hour and half to knock one out, but the story is really good. The last two are pretty poorly written sadly.

The Rise of Vader and Death Star Books are both good reads, the later being a bit predictable but still a solid read.
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,414
    @Mars_Needs_LEGO- I've actually made a mini-modular Cloud City, but not at quite the scale you are referring too. I'ts about 50% the size of the original cloud city and modeled after it too.
    Why can't Cloud City be made along the same lines as the current Death Star play set with different sections representing the iconic scenes from Empire.
    Why can't Cloud City be made along the same lines as the current Death Star play set with different sections representing the iconic scenes from Empire.
    This has been suggested many times, and it is the perfect example of what needs to be done.

Another option is a UCS Hoth set, with all the various things on Hoth happening in one playset. UCS Endor could also be done.
    This has been suggested many times, and it is the perfect example of what needs to be done.

Another option is a UCS Hoth set, with all the various things on Hoth happening in one playset. UCS Endor could also be done.
    I still would have loved a UCS Jabba's Palace, though this seems unlikely any time soon now that the new 'System' Jabba's Palace is out.
    We all keep saying the AT-AT is a shoe-in for UCS, but maybe not...

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/14579

Cavegod's isn't getting support, and it should be IMHO...

UCS Sandcrawler is slowly getting there, it should make it later this year, but at this rate, AT-AT will never get done, unless Lego decides to just do it anyway.

Thoughts?
  • SherlockbonesSherlockbones Member Posts: 411
    I could see the Portal idea chosen instead of the Sand crawler, The reason, I have really no idea, excpet, I could maybe afford the Portal set to the UCS Sandcrawler IMO will be almost pushing the £300 mark
  • CaptAPJTCaptAPJT Member Posts: 223
    There's alot of good sets and ideas with potential on cuusoo. Not just cavegod's awesome AT-AT but I'm also loving this
    http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/18373

There are some sets that aren't quite there yet in my opinion like
    http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/19027#
    And
    http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/19024
    But by supporting them in their raw state I hope it'll put them on Legos radar for consideration.

Yes I like my capital ships :-)

• monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,136

UCS Sandcrawler is slowly getting there, it should make it later this year, but at this rate, AT-AT will never get done, unless Lego decides to just do it anyway.

Thoughts?
    Although the AT-AT model by Cavegod is great, at approx 6000 pieces I think it has too many , from TLG's point of view - how much would they be looking to sell it for? £500/$700 is likely and that is too much for Lego to punt it at. a 3500 piece set for £300 is the ideal for mass UCS appeal. Perhaps with a few new moulds to reduce the piece count and up the strength around the feet/ankles are needed?
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^^Thanks for the links @CaptAPJT , really liking that UCS Venator.

Been wondering how the various ships would look like in white instead of light bley, just as the movie versions. But that Mon Calamari MC80 just put all questions to rest: They will look terrible in white. Just imagine the UCS MF done in white instead, painful to the eyes I think.
  • CaptAPJTCaptAPJT Member Posts: 223
    Agreed, I certainly think I should be in a brown/grey colour scheme. Wish I had the time/skill to come up with some of these designs, but I hope supporting those which aren't quite there yet will at least give Lego an indication that it might be worth persuing
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    Personally, I'm starting to get a bit of "star wars burnout." Maybe it's because my kids are into clone wars, and the story line is sooooooooo weak. Today's writers are so talentless, and it does impact one's interest in the series. It just seems to be a blatant attempt by Lucas to accumulate wealth at the expense of quality.

That said, TLG has now released so many sets and I'm shocked they don't have a set with one of the characters going to the loo.
  • LegofanscottLegofanscott Member Posts: 622
    edited July 2012

Thoughts?
    Although the AT-AT model by Cavegod is great, at approx 6000 pieces I think it has too many , from TLG's point of view - how much would they be looking to sell it for? £500/$700 is likely and that is too much for Lego to punt it at. a 3500 piece set for £300 is the ideal for mass UCS appeal. Perhaps with a few new moulds to reduce the piece count and up the strength around the feet/ankles are needed?

Id love to see a UCS TIE fighter next, i reckon that ship would look absolutely beautiful at UCS size :D

I tend to get mixed up between the TIE advanced, fighter and interceptor so i never realised they hadnt done a tie fighter!
    Didn't they release a UCS TIE Fighter already? Or is that a TIE Advanced

Didn't they release a UCS TIE Fighter already? Or is that a TIE Advanced

thats what i thought, theyve done a tie advanced and interceptor but not a fighter
    Love to get one if it does happen, hopefully without those ugly blue bricks
    With the re-release of the OT in 3d not planned for a fair few years it makes me wonder whether the OT models that are left won't get released until then maybe?

Love to get one if it does happen, hopefully without those ugly blue bricks

The best looking of the 3 aswell if you ask me :)
    Or maybe a HE HE HE HA HA.. a UCS Cloud City

:)

The two definite buys for me would be the Tie fighter and AT-AT, if those two arnt released in UCS ill shoot myself! xD
  • DmsmithDmsmith Member Posts: 26
    Some updated Tuskin raiders would be cool. newer Tie interceptor(similar to the 2012 Tie fighter). New Canteena/Spaceport to go with the new Jabba's palace.

The two definite buys for me would be the Tie fighter and AT-AT, if those two arnt released in UCS ill shoot myself! xD
    If they don't, can I have your Legos?

• mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 410
    I would have gone with... "or i'll impaled myself on my lego Tour de Eiffel."
    Pitfall69 said:

If they don't, can I have your Legos?

Trust me my Lego collection is crap, only started about a month ago :(
  • PlasticDotsPlasticDots Member Posts: 80
    I would like to see another release ucs millennium falcon
    edited July 2012

I would like to see another release ucs millennium falcon

Don't we all:P

Then again everyone had a chance to get one, that time is up and won't be repeated:(

What i would like to know is whether there will be another big set with a similar WOW factor:)

Lets hope so:)
    Yes, what about a UCS Sandcrawler or AT-AT
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 32
    I want a cantina set bad.