Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What ships, characters, or scenes from Star Wars would you like to see in LEGO ?

Comments

• Delta14Delta14 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2012
    I personally think that Lego should produce Lego star wars sets like the battle packs but with like 20 troopers instead of 4 or 5. Also the sets should have spare weapons, helmets, armour, and body pieces so troopers can be customized.
    Also some sets could be based on key groups in the star wars galaxy e.g. the 501st, Deathwatch, senators, Jedi, wookies, Sith, bounty hunters e.c.t. this way armies can be built up with different factions for different battle grounds.
    The sets should include a hologram of the commander of the faction e.g. the chancellor for clones and yoda for the Jedi. The extra weapons and armour should be specific to the faction and each faction should include at least 1 commander max 2.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    If the battle packs had 20 troopers and all those spare minifig parts, they would cost $100. :)
  • DeadareusDeadareus Member Posts: 264
    I would like to see more scene sets:

- Han being frozen in Carbonite location (w/ lowering mechanism. Could double as a Light Saber Dual)
    - Dinner with Vader (Lando's betrayal)
    - Luke Fights the Rancor (that would combine with the New Jabbas Palace)
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    ^ just call it Dinner with Vader.
  • bellybutton290bellybutton290 Member Posts: 453
    ^^rancor set has to be one of the most wanted SW scenes judging by the number of people posting about it.
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    ^Well... the rancor scene is fairly iconic and LEGO has somehow blown both opportunities to include it in Jabba's Palace, so at this point, I'd just as soon see it be a standalone "Rancor Pit" set. And while we're talking about creatures... the next version of the landspeeder or Jabba's Sail Barge needs to have a bantha or two.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    I'd love to see a Trade Federation ship with a high enough part count to be decently detailed.
    ^Are we talking a Lucrehulk-class (Droid Control Ship, etc.) or a Providence-class (the Invisible Hand)? I can't really picture the Lucrehulks happening ever, at least not in the scale you're talking about... but I wouldn't be shocked to see the Invisible Hand pop up at some point or another.
    ^ I'm talking about the droid control ship. The inverse donut ship. =)

I think it would make a really cool UCS but I doubt they'd ever do it.
    ^ The inverse donut ship was refered to as a Federation Battleship in the movies...

That would make a great UCS set, you could make it playable, give both sides an interior, have the "covers" come off, one side would be a hanger bay, the other side would depict the bridge, or you could put the bridge in the middle, make that come off, and put power sections or guns in the other side.

Make it 1 meter x 1 meter, about half a meter tall... Give it 10,000 bricks, and it would be wonderful!!!

I'd buy it in a heartbeat! Me, and all 5 other people in the world... :)
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,416
    ^ They are actually coming out with a Trade Federation ship this year (summer) with a part count of over 1,000. MRSP is somewhere around 119.99 USD, although we will see if that is elevated come sale time!

I'd like to see the Genosian Arena in a set. Or a UCS Republic Cruiser.
    ^ I think it's the Malevolence.

rich
    edited February 2012
    @LegoFanTexas your magic number is 10000 pieces. I'd love to actually see a set released with 10k pieces and I'd probably buy one of whatever it was. A good (non SW) set for a 10k piece set IMO would be Minas Tirth from LOTR.
    ^ I think it's the Malevolence.

rich
    That is correct, thanks!
    @LegoFanTexas your magic number is 10000 pieces. I'd love to actually see a set released with 10k pieces and I'd probably buy one of whatever it was. A good (non SW) set for a 10k piece set IMO would be Minas Tirth from LOTR.
    That would be the best set ever. Would buy it in a heartbeat. LEGO, I hope you are reading this.

We all say we'd buy it... But Falcon had 5,197 parts and it did not sell well from all accounts...

Yes, we would buy a 10K part set, but we are not enough of a market to justify making one, I'm afraid. Shame, because it would be so much fun!

If Lego did do a 10K part set, they need to break it up into 4 "sets", or 4 "parts, so that a family can build it together. My wife would be happy to sit down and build such a thing with me if the parts were bagged according to manual.
    Yes, correct. Price range would probably in the $1000 range, which few can bust out of their wallets for a LEGO set. Even if the set was incredibly built ( which I imagine it would be), it would be very difficult for anyone to shell out that much cash.
    ^ Yet the same people who would object to spending $1K on Lego, happily spend $2K on many other things without a second thought.

Go figure... :)
    So true. Although in regards to the 1/5 C-3POs, I would drop a lot of cash on those without a second thought.
    In terms of parts & size, there does come a point where the practicality of display will actually affect the sales (I suspect this might have been what suppressed sales on the UCF Falcon initially).

I must say there is probably only one place in my house where the Super Star Destroyer could go, and that's across the entire length of a console table, in one swoop dominating that particular room.
  • DougoutDougout Member Posts: 888
    edited February 2012
    The Nebulon frigate needs to be done in UCS fashion as well as the calamari star cruiser. I'm sure I am missing a few of the big Rebellion ships, but those are the most iconic ones that haven't been done yet. I thought the frigate would be extremely hard to design, but I just found a cool MOC of it. I also would love to see a Duku vs. Yoda battle scene. Has that been done yet?
    That is pretty epic.

Yes, that has been done, set "Jedi Duel", features both Dooku and Yoda, Dooku has a speeder.
    Oh I see. They should redo that one then.
    that frigate MOC is pretty impressive. Looks to be ~60-70 inches long.
    Oh I see. They should redo that one then.
    They should, its old and outdated. Not a very nice set, I don't really like it. Do you know how many pieces that monster is?
    No I don't, but given the size and detail of the set I would guestimate around 5,000 pieces. It looks like the stands are built all the way up both sides of the structure to give it support. I imagine the internal build of both ends of the ship are big and there are a ton of unseen pieces on the inside of both ends of the ship.
    Certainly. Nice custom. Kudos to whoever built it!
    @y2josh rancor scene is indeed iconic and long overdue to be released in lego form IMO. TLG need to correct this next year for the 30th anniversary.
  • CaptAPJTCaptAPJT Member Posts: 223
    It's amazing what they've made and what they've neglected to make. I'd love to see the rancor "mini-figure"
    ^With all those dino theme t-rex's etc. should be fairly easy at this stage, one would assume.
  • bixtrix77bixtrix77 Member Posts: 53
    I would have to say on the SW front the cantina has got to be a matter of time. Also a hammerhead mini fig is a must too. Cloud city is an idea replacement for DS too. Ewok village would be cool too.
    HP needs hufflepuff and ravenclaw figs. I know it not going to happen but hey i can dream lol. School uniform and quidditch robes. Not being greedy lol.
  • DaddyDeuceDaddyDeuce Member Posts: 272
    I don't think they've done a set recreating Chewie and Han celebrating Life Day on Kashyyyk yet.
    ^Good luck with that. As far as Lucas is concerned, that never happened.
    I hope they don't redo Cloud City.. who knows what that would do to the value of the old Cloud City. That set is to iconic to all LEGO collectors.
    ^Iconic or no... it's a pretty terrible set, even for the time. If they did a Death Star-style Cloud City, I'd be elated. Same if they did a Death Star-style Jabba's Palace waaaaay down the line.
  • vader34mtvader34mt Member Posts: 88
    @samiam...please don't take offense, but I don't think that LEGO cares about what a remake would do to the value of an old set...remember that with the exception of UCS sets, these are children's toys first and foremost...it's never bothered them before (ie Slave I, MF...have u seen the dip in price of these old sets on ebay after the new ones were released?)

and besides...if they remade cloud city I would hope that it would be better than the previous version...they could make something much better now
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,245
    edited February 2012
    ^^^ If by iconic you mean eyesore, then I agree completely. It's basically Home One minus the cool figures and ship.
    @samiam...please don't take offense, but I don't think that LEGO cares about what a remake would do to the value of an old set...remember that with the exception of UCS sets, these are children's toys first and foremost...it's never bothered them before (ie Slave I, MF...have u seen the dip in price of these old sets on ebay after the new ones were released?)

and besides...if they remade cloud city I would hope that it would be better than the previous version...they could make something much better now
    I don't take offense at all! I completely agree with you. I'm speaking merely from a collector's take on things, having quite a few Cloud City figures and just a fan of the old rarer sets. LEGO will most likely make a new Cloud City considering they have a new 10 year SW contract.

Iconic as in rare, not beauty. I like the set, but it definitely is lacking in... style.
  • Agent_DebrisAgent_Debris Member Posts: 55
    How about this for a UCS set?......Very nice MOC!
  • DaddyDeuceDaddyDeuce Member Posts: 272
    ^Good luck with that. As far as Lucas is concerned, that never happened.
    He just wants to release a new version where Santa shoots first. In 3-D.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129

speaking of, I saw a somewhat recent interview with him talking about the infamous shoot first. His line now is actually that Han always shot first, but it was just hard to tell in the original version. Give me a break, what trash. Hey George - it's your movies, you can change 'em all you want. Just have the balls to actually own up to it. Tell people that in 1977 it was acceptable and ok for a hero to actually show some depth and growth over the arc of his character. People in movies weren't so black and white. Now everything is overly PC and you want to dumb it all down to appeal to every-younger kids. We get it, ok? just don't insult our intelligence.

I could go for this as an UCS. Any other takers?
    RSD1.jpg 181.9K
    ^I'm not positive on this, but I believe the few UCS models based on the prequel trilogy have all tanked pretty badly (with the possible exception of Darth Maul, which I don't really count). With that in mind, and given the (presumed) abysmal performance of 10215, I'll be surprised if we see many more prequel trilogy UCS models.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^^That is one nice UCS Class MOC! The studs have a mesmerizing effect, especially the main red stripe.
  • OldfanOldfan Chicagoland, IL, USAMember Posts: 686

speaking of, I saw a somewhat recent interview with him talking about the infamous shoot first. His line now is actually that Han always shot first, but it was just hard to tell in the original version. Give me a break, what trash. Hey George - it's your movies, you can change 'em all you want. Just have the balls to actually own up to it. Tell people that in 1977 it was acceptable and ok for a hero to actually show some depth and growth over the arc of his character. People in movies weren't so black and white. Now everything is overly PC and you want to dumb it all down to appeal to every-younger kids. We get it, ok? just don't insult our intelligence.

QFT. Heaven forbid that any character development occur in a popular movie, or that kids learn that people really can change their viewpoints given new information...or that kids learn, period...

And regarding the prequel UCS, the choice of models may influence the sales a little bit. Fans would be a lot more excited about the UCS Venator cruiser than a Jedi Starfighter! Maybe one a little bit smaller than the one in the picture to keep the expenses reasonable...
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    ^ the problem is the prequel trilogy didn't really give us much to work with in the realm of ships. The OT had a lot of space dogfights and battles with iconic ships, most notably the MF, Tantive, XWing, and various TIEs, with Y, B, and A wings to boot, along with at least 4 notable capital ships and the lamba shuttle

the PT gave us capital ships and not a whole lot else, outside the Naboo fighter and a transport or two.
    ^ Yes, but the PT gave us Jar Jar...

Oh, wait...
    ^And there it is. UCS Jar Jar in 2013.
    ^Heaven forbid..
    ^ Aww, that actually sounded kinda cool...

Right after UCS C-3PO! :)