Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO 'Vacuum Cleaner' and Storage Box

MvdSMvdS Member Posts: 34
Hi,

Does anybody now the real name and setnumber of this item.
It's sort of a vacuum cleaner & a storage box at the same time.
It looks like a parrot.image

Comments

• FurrysaurusFurrysaurus Hiding in the kitchen.Member Posts: 156
    my better half has a blockodile, which is the alligator version of that. didn't realize they had a parrot as well. the blockodile at least is made for duplo (although it works for most of the non-duplo bricks).
  • NellyNelly Member Posts: 77
    That comes from #1874 (Polly Pick-Up). They call it a 'Brick Vac'
  • MvdSMvdS Member Posts: 34
    Thx.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,706
    Nelly said:

That comes from #1874 (Polly Pick-Up). They call it a 'Brick Vac'

Wow it's huge! I thought it was some little desk thing from the picture. Great idea.

Cam_n_Stu
  • kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 831
    I bought this thing of eBay a while back for £18, IMO its well worth it, I really like it, its neat and has a nice mechanism. I made a review of this on brickset a bit ago, but sadly I couldn't find the set number till quite recent so the review is of the other brick vac, the polly pick up brick vacs sticker is a nice touch though :-D
    (Sadly though my brick vac when I got it came with no box but all of the pieces are somewhere)
  • NellyNelly Member Posts: 77
    I had one of these as a kid, and I used it every time I had to cleanup the living room. If I remember correctly, it worked well. Though my Lego were always on the carpet, so I don't know how it performs on more solid surfaces.
  • kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 831
    Well from my knowledge so far it seems to work fine on most surfaces, although it doesn't work too well on larger pieces as it kind of jams the turnstile up, but it works like a charm on little pieces IMO (As Im typing this up the brick vac is right beside me) :-D
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    http://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?q=brick vac

Looks like there are three styles. Plain red, a bus, and a parrot. My son has the small parrot from the #1874 set. I wondered where those came from.