Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

New store opening Vienna

Just went to check out the new brand store at SCS Vienna and pick up my "free gift" which is a Legends of Chima polybag. I also took a couple of snaps and picked up the series three planets. I'll post the pictures once I get home.

Comments

• CaptAPJTCaptAPJT Member Posts: 223
    edited August 2013
    As promised here are the pictures;

image" />
    The Cahiers counter with Pick a Brick wall behind. They had lots of additional help from lego colleagues from the Germany stores. I saw Cologne, Hamburg and Saarbrücken but its fair to assume there were others.

image" />
    Build your own minifig.

image" />
    This is where I spent most of my time in the store, trying to decide whether I should just take the plunge and buy 10240. The kid in front of me is using an "interactive box" screen where you hold the box up to the display and a video monitor overlays the model on the video. Clever!

image/" />
    I had to pose by a giant brick.

image" />
    Here I am outside the store.

image" />
    Finally the free poly!
    khmellymel
  • fitzyfitzfitzyfitz ManchesterMember Posts: 94
    @CaptAPJT
    I'm visiting Vienna later this year. Looks like this store is at a shopping centre some miles outside the city centre. Are there any decent transport links?
  • HardradaHardrada Member Posts: 439
    There are two free bus services to it. One from the southern terminus of the U6 line, the other from a more centrally located underground station:

http://www.scs.at/W/do/centre/bus
    There's a shuttle from Karlsplatz to the IKEA at SCS, it's free to SCS but costs €2 for the return trip and you have to buy the tickets from the IKEA cashiers. It's the same building so you just walk through to the shopping centre from IKEA.

I'm pretty sure there are a couple of regular bus lines you can use depending on where exactly your traveling from.
  • fitzyfitzfitzyfitz ManchesterMember Posts: 94
    I'm staying near the Austria Centre, which I know is a little way out of town (on the other side). I'll be attending Spielefest which will take up much of my time but I'm hoping to get the chance to do some sightseeing as well.
    Looks like we're getting a Lego store in the Donau Zentrum too, actually in Vienna :-)
  • HardradaHardrada Member Posts: 439
    CaptAPJT said:

Looks like we're getting a Lego store in the Donau Zentrum too, actually in Vienna :-)

Any news on exactly when the grand opening weekend will be?
    Not sure as of yet, from what I've read it'll be in October.