Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Is Pick A Brick (PAB) by Weight a Good Deal?

gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
edited January 2014 in Buying & Selling Topics
We're heading down to Legoland in San Diego today and wondering if the weighted option is a good value. I've found plenty of info on filling cups, different cups and how the values work out with different discounts but nothing specific about weight. It seems expensive but maybe in actuality it isn't??

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,645
    For most of the parts they offer, it is expensive.
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    it is, and the selection is usually crap. at least in the uk.
  • SilentModeSilentMode UKMember Posts: 570
    It's definitely more expensive than buying cups, unless you're after a whole bunch of flowers and the lighter elements.
  • luckyrussluckyruss UKMember Posts: 872
    Flowers or cherries, yes! Bricks - probably not.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,645
    So who is going to do a weight vs cost analysis?
  • stevenzhangstevenzhang Member Posts: 489
    Anyone know what is the price for a pick a brick box (Large/small) in denmark?
  • coachiecoachie South WalesMember Posts: 476
    ^ ^^ 90 Eur/Kg in Legoland Germany. I did some calculations and got some reasonable pricing for things like 1x16 technic beams in dbg for my UCS MF, about 40p each.
  • CupIsHalfEmptyCupIsHalfEmpty CanadaMember Posts: 547
    A large PAB cup from the Lego store on average weighs 395g at a price of $15 USD. So that translates to $17.24/lb or $37.97/kg at the Lego store for PAB. So when you head to the LegoLand, keep those prices in mind when you see their prices.
  • peterlinddkpeterlinddk DenmarkMember Posts: 170
    edited July 2013

Anyone know what is the price for a pick a brick box (Large/small) in denmark?

Pick'a'Brick cups (not boxes) are dkr 69,95 for the small ones, and 129,95 for the large ones. You get dkr 5,- discount for refill on the small ones, and 6,50 on the large ones. That is in the LEGO Store. Usually you can't buy a whole box from them - but it seems to depend on the manager - or the policy changes every once in a while.

In LEGOLAND you can buy bricks by weight - 100 grams costs dkr 69,95 (as far as I remember) - and it certainly isn't a good deal.
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    Legoland is $40 lb.
  • stevenzhangstevenzhang Member Posts: 489
    @peterlinddk Thanks for the information as I am going to Denmark for holiday next week