Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Sails from 75020/Jabba's Sail Barge

BoiseStateBoiseState Member Posts: 804
edited July 2013 in Everything else LEGO
Are these new? Never seen Lego sails like that.

Comments

• graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,246
    They're almost the same sails from the original sail barge.
  • BoiseStateBoiseState Member Posts: 804
    Ah, never did own the first one. I was expecting the usual sails, the plastic-ish cutouts were a surprise.
    Oh, are they plastic? The sails on the original are cloth-ish like the pirate ships.
    These sails aren't cloth.. They're kind of a perforated plastic. Never seen Lego sails that weren't cloth.
    Trying to post a pic but no luck.
  • jasorjasor United StatesMember Posts: 839
    I notice there is no inventory on BL yet, and the Brickset inventory doesnt include them.

Hmmmmmm.
    It's a square plastic sheet with the sails in the middle, and you pop out the soft plastic sails.
    ^ That makes it even more definite that I won't be picking that set up. I have the original and I think it looks much better than the new one. Guess I just need to pick up the figures from it.
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    The FBTB review has a good comparison of the sails. Though, I suggest not reading the review if you want the set. :)
    I like it paired with the skiff, but I've never owned the older one. I like them with the palace/rancor pit all paired together.
    Haha. That review is great. From the football rant analogy to "so maybe they’re trying to pay of Han’s debt?"
    The front end on the old one is definitely better.. The old one was definitely a better value, more figs and the skiff. Max Rebo is awesome, and will always hold value. The Leia hairpiece is very nice as well, and will drive up her value.