Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

lego kids fest

GoldfreekGoldfreek USA, California, SacramentoMember Posts: 96
edited July 2013 in Everything else LEGO
Has anyone ever been to one of these events? I see one is coming up for the bay area in San Jose, CA. Aug. 30 – Sept. 1. Is it worth attending?
legokidsfest.com/

Comments

• davee123davee123 USAMember Posts: 810
    Here's a thread about what to expect at KidsFest:
    http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/comment/132017

Depending on what you like, it may or may not be up your alley. But I'd definitely recommend it for kids.

DaveE
  • LegoMom1LegoMom1 Member Posts: 652
    edited July 2013
    @Goldfreek- thanks for the link on this. Looks good to me. Just hope my 15 year old wants to go when it comes to the north-east. Although he still loves building Lego, he's at that age where events like this just aren't cool. Well what does a 15 year old know anyway!!!
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    Are you going with kids or without? I know a lot of people are saying it's better for kids but my kid was pretty bored. (lots of long lines) The best part for him was the giant Lego pile that he enjoyed rolling around in and playing in with other kids. I would have had more fun if I went by myself. They have master builders there who give 30 minute presentations and I would have liked to have attended but it was beyond the attention span of my 8 year old.
    edited July 2013
    @margot- is that where your avatar pic was taken? :)
    ^Yes
    edited July 2013
    ^Great pic. Looks like fun. Are adults allowed in the Lego pile? (Just kidding) Well... maybe not! :)
    I was excited about the free Chima Speedorz they were giving away... that was then...
  • GoldfreekGoldfreek USA, California, SacramentoMember Posts: 96
    Well I dont have any kids yet but my wife sent me the link and asked if I wanted to go. My budy also wants to go and has a 3 year old so I would have a kid with me, but would not have to watch them. So I could take off and pretend I was on my own if I wanted to do something else.