Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Do fake Exclusive Polybags exist? Specifically chromed SW Poly's...

joel4motionjoel4motion United KingdomMember Posts: 959
edited August 2013 in Everything else LEGO
This guy seems to have an endless supply of Chrome Darth Vader polys...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lego-Star-Wars-Darth-Vader-Chrome-Black-EXTREMELY-Rare-SEALED-1of-10000-limited-/271244067422?pt=UK_Construction_Toys_Kits&hash=item3f2768025e

I am in no way suggesting that what he is selling is fake but if you check his feedback there is an endless list of exclusive SW poly feedback. Although it is all positive id think that counterfeiting the bags would be pretty easy.

Does anyone know of any fake poly's out there?

Comments

• samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,299
    @joel4motion- Nothing actually is wrong with that seller.

After scrolling through some of his feedback, I've seen the repetition of the following polys:
    Chrome Darth Vader
    Shirtless Maul
    Chrome TC-14

All of these were mass produced in much greater numbers than 10,000 (yes, even Chrome Vader), and it is perfectly within reason that someone acquired quite a lot of them and is slowly selling off their supply.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,314
    edited July 2013
    Anything can be faked, the quality of the fake obviously depends on the cost. Sometimes it costs more than the item is worth.

His sales look ok and remember loads of these were made. Huge numbers of the Darth Maul came out of Thailand.
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,962
    In less reputable areas, fake goods are produced by the same factories that made the originals. After they've completed their contract, they can still make the goods, so why not make some more and sell them directly to the market for a significantly greater profit? The difference in quality would be negligible, although easily countered by using known reputable factories, auditing quantities during the production run, destroying moulds after use, or by manufacturing other components (such as the packaging) elsewhere.
  • joel4motionjoel4motion United KingdomMember Posts: 959
    I wasn't questioning the integrity of the seller, I was more interested to know if anyone had come across a fake?

I am only in the market for a 2nd Vader to put a little display together so may consider him.

The only question I had regarding the seller was his location and the possibility of someone, in what I'd assume to be a small Lego market, having an endless supply of exclusives
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,962
    I'd always assumed that the mid-European mass sellers of these kind of exclusives are close to the supply chain...
  • HardradaHardrada Member Posts: 439
    Turkey is not even remotely close to any Lego plant.