Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

CUUSOO Super Heroes Racers

I am a huge Super Heroes fan and minifigure collector. I came across this project on CUUSOO and think they would would make fantastic polybags and a great way to collect the Super Heroes minifigures.

For more details: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/42554
Coolsplash

Comments

• carlqcarlq Ruislip Manor, MiddlesexMember Posts: 792
    I saw these on CUUSOO recently, too. The creator has done an excellent job of matching colours and - in most cases - design elements to the individual drivers. Just about the only thing I didn't like is his homebrew Killer Croc, using the Dinosaur Man CMF headpiece - but given the price of Croc these days, I can't blame him for that! :-)

I hope the project gets a lot of attention on CUUSOO - if for no other reason than this could be a very good way of obtaining Superhero minifigs in the manner of Speedorz, thereby getting past the "can't release them individually under the licence as they'd be classed as action figures" problem - and if not, well...I really hope some of the design instructions can be released/sold for public use! ;-)
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,630
    Lego wouldn't give out licensed minifigures that easily!!
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,550
    Unfortunately Cuusoo is meant for one-off sets, not ranges, so it wouldn't happen.

Unless you just wanted one of them, of course...
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    edited July 2013
    Although they have just announced two more Minecraft sets, so as usual, TLG make the rules, TLG break the rules as and when it suits them. Not having a pop, just making an observation.

I saw these superheroes racers a few days ago too and really liked the concept.
  • prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,561
    I doubt Lego would do a line meant for the sole purpose of selling cheap mini-figures when their inclusion in more expensive sets drives sales.
  • collect_thatcollect_that Kidderminster, EnglandMember Posts: 1,327
    Although I quite like this, as it stands ay the moment I don't think this fits in with what TLG has planned for either Cuusoo or the SH theme.

Although as for one offs, TLG have just announced two more minecraft sets off the back of the success of the first Cuusoo set. So clearly if there is demand and money to be made there is nothing to stop Cuusoo sets branching out in to their own theme.
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    prof1515 said:

I doubt Lego would do a line meant for the sole purpose of selling cheap mini-figures when their inclusion in more expensive sets drives sales.

Seems like the planet sets aren't too far off this concept to me. A way of selling SW minifigs by including minimal bricks. Still I agree, the price point would need to be quite high for TLG to even consider it.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    I like the concept, but I'm not a fan of "Mario Cart"ing some of my favorite characters. Perhaps a CMF line (or lines) of licensed characters would be a better bet.
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    atkinsar said:

Seems like the planet sets aren't too far off this concept to me. A way of selling SW minifigs by including minimal bricks.

Most of the planet sets include generic characters. Even the unique characters are relatively minor (Lobot, Sebulba, Obi-Wan's droid). Also, the sets are relevant to the theme. While the concept of Mario Kart-style Super Hero racing is interesting, it's not relevant to the theme.
    atkinsar
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,314
    atkinsar said:

prof1515 said:

Seems like the planet sets aren't too far off this concept to me. A way of selling SW minifigs by including minimal bricks. Still I agree, the price point would need to be quite high for TLG to even consider it.
    We're yet to see a key figure that most people would only want one of in the planets series though. Most of them tend to be army builders don't they, rather than the key characters that sell larger sets.
  • GeddesGeddes Member Posts: 574
    To be honest this would make a good game for Lego, sets not so much
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    ^ Exactly what I thought when I saw them.