Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Boise State: Looking for input on (Site Removed)

BoiseStateBoiseState Member Posts: 804
edited July 2013 in Buying & Selling Topics
Saw it on EBay as a sponsored link.

@rocao - remove link of possible scam site

Comments

• BoiseStateBoiseState Member Posts: 804
    If you through paypal it should be pretty date right?
    Ugh.. Meant to say if you pay through paypal it should be pretty safe right?
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,918
    edited July 2013
    The prices seem too good to be true. Not sure.

I'd love to pick up the Horizon Express and TH.
  • jdylakjdylak Member Posts: 281
    Yea, I'm going with Town Hall. Not that it matters too much probably, but they do have a contact phone number in the US. Also, a couple "banners" on the bottom as being trusted.
    I ordered the trains. Let's see what happens.
  • BanditBandit Member Posts: 890
    LOL, seriously guys? My 8 year old wouldn't fall for this. If you actually get these, I guarantee you they'll be dropshipped. So if you're ok with contributing to and benefiting from credit card fraud, order away!
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    edited July 2013
    Looks fishy and the single review on resellerratings says their item was never delivered. I've removed the link. Feel free to update with your experience, BoiseState.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    In my experience, if something is too good to be true, it usually is...

That being said, there are exceptions... when YoYo.com first launched, they were doing 40% off LEGO, which seemed "too good to be true", but it turned out to be a launch promotion to draw attention to themselves.

A quick Google search revealed that YoYo.com was owned by Amazon.com. So clearly it was on the up and up.

If a Google search of this web site doesn't turn up much, that is a huge red flag to me. :)

Just my 2 cents worth...
    yys4u
    Would they drop ship everything no matter if it's Lego or not? I remember the ones that used to do Ebay used to sell way opposite things than Lego, like kitchen things and what not. This site has way more then your basic ebay scammer. I do realize 90% of the ebay scammers were doing the selling for the ones with the stolen cards. But a lot started out with a few things and the big Lego sets.

I'm not sending any money as you can tell they are something like the ebay scammers as all they have are the big, high priced sets.

Someone should call the phone number tho.
  • 91stlegotrooper91stlegotrooper Member Posts: 92
    ^not always true bout the big items. Some ebay scammers (I would say the smart ones but if have turned to crime, you are not smart) will do smaller, less suspicious items such as a poly bag. They would list about 25 and sell them for lets say $2. People buy them, he/she gets $50, people get nothing, scammer deletes account, and starts a new account a few weeks later with the same items. Within a year they have a couple hundred dollars. (This scam is very rare but has happened.)
    They sent me a tracking number, guess I'll see what happens.
    ^ Where is the item originating from? I'm guessing it's not from San Diego...
    Lemme look..
    San Ysidro, 92173. Not familiar with California, never heard that city.
    Hmm, that *is* San Diego. Interesting...
    Still might not be legit.. I'll let everyone know when it gets here.
  • timinchicagotiminchicago USAMember Posts: 239
    FWIW, San Ysidro is the border town for entry into Mexico. Last stop on the San Diego trolley if memory serves.
    Didn't get anything I ordered.. Got a Tower of Orthanc and a Fire Brigade. Wasn't drop shipped, but it's not legit either. No one answers the phone and no responses from 2 emails. Filed a claim with paypal.
    What did you order?
    2 trains.
  • HardradaHardrada Member Posts: 439
    You mean you ordered two Horizon Express sets at too good to be true prices but instead of getting them you got even more expensive sets for those very low prices? If it's not credit card fraud but simply a screwed up legit order then I'd keep them in your place.

FB is about 1.5x more expensive than HE and Orthanc is about 2x the price.
  • klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 724
    FB and Orthanc for too good to be true HE prices. This needs to be moved to the "brag thread".
  • thenosthenos Twin Cities, MNMember Posts: 436
    Can I ask where it was actually shipped from? A private individual? You said it wasn't drop shipped, that just seems weird.
    No, it's a company from San Diego. They sell tons of other stuff, electronics/kitchen/etc.. I'd list the company but it was deleted once already..

Just a PO Box for an address, no returned phone call/email. I did get way more than I paid for, but not what I ordered. It's gotta be some sort of fraud.
    I will give you the price you paid for the two trains in return for the Tower and FB set.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    :) I'll give you the two HE trains you wanted in return for the Tower and FB set.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,829
    :-) I will give you your local police station address whether or not you either have any luck with them direct or through Paypal.
    I don't know what I'm going to do.. I like both of the sets I got, but it doesn't seem legit. Paypal says they will contact them and they have something like 10 days to resolve it.
    You will have to send the sets back at your cost to get a refund. I had to for an ebay purchase which cost me $35 out of pocket. I called Paypal after I received the refund for the item and then wanted my return shipping money back, which they have (had) posted on their site would happen with their buyer protection. I had to send a scan of the receipt for proof.
  • Tevans333Tevans333 Member Posts: 152
    Any updates on this? I'm tempted at these prices, but want to see if it turns out to be legit first.