Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Spelling error in Cuusoo BttF De Lorean set

2»

Comments

• paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,963
    After 8 days of waiting for a reply, I too just received the "I am so sorry, what a bad mistake to make, I have made sure that we have sent you the correct ones this time." email. Says they might take 7-10 days. Yay!
  • Mad_DogMad_Dog SpainMember Posts: 71
    OK, replacement arrived yesterday also misspelled... I guess I will have to ask again.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    I'm waiting for the dust to settle now. I currently have six flux capacitors for 2 sets, all misspelled.

I'm also probably flagged as some system abuser also as a result.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,300
    I didn't get a reply / acknowledgement to my second email about getting the wrong one. But have just received an email saying part 6083794 is now in the post. This must have cost them a small fortune in post.
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 867
    I, too, received the

"I am so sorry, what a bad mistake to make, I have made sure that we have sent you the correct ones this time." email.

But I didn't receive any packages from LEGO, however I did receive 39 "Complimentary Points" on my VIP account. The date coincides with my e-mail to them, and I have no clue as to why I would have received these points.
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 668
    I got a replacement and it was misspelled. So I'm not going to bother. I'm satisfied having a spare that I put into my custom DeLorean.

Is it really that big a deal? It's tiny and inside the car so 99% of people won't ever notice.
    It is, for the first request. For a second request, much less so. For a potential third request, waste. of. time.
    15 days later, and no replacements yet....

I hope they arrive before October 21 2015!
    TheLoneTensorAdeelZubairGothamConstructionCo
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,804
    Legoboy said:

Have also just had confirmation from TLG that 6083794 is the correct replacement part number. Fingers crossed again.

Received this yesterday.

"Thanks for getting back (to the future :D) with us.

I'm really sorry I'm responding to your email only now and that you've been waiting for such a long time. It’s not at all the level of service that our fans are entitled to. We replaced our entire phone and computer systems to a new setup in late October. Although we anticipated some teething problems, the situation is worse than we expected. We would normally be able to answer twice as many emails an hour as we currently manage. That’s why you’ll have been waiting for a response for much longer than our normal 24 hours.

Looking into your request, I have to ask you to bear with us a little longer as the replacements in our warehouse are still showing the spelling mistake. Replacement shields with the correct spelling are being printed as we speak with. I'll let you know as soon as possible when you can expect them to arrive in your letterbox.

Please don’t send a follow up email as we are not currently able to answer them. Please give us a call instead and quote your reference number: ***************.

Our phone lines are exceptionally busy, so your call may be held in a queue for up to 30 minutes at peak times. I understand this can be frustrating, and we’re all dissatisfied with the service experience we’re providing at the moment. We’re grateful for your patience while we’re working hard to get back to our normal high standards very soon.

Once again, I’d like to say how sorry I am about these delays.

Kind regards,"

I have to say, the smiley really did make a difference. Not all scripted it seems.
    kezGothamConstructionCoindigoboxYellowcastledmg111minicoopers11Amanda1983
    I received exactly the same email about the BTTF replacement part except for the first line. I also received almost the same text in an email on another matter. The paragraph "Looking into your request ..." was different, but the rest was the same.
  • martynmartyn Reading, UKMember Posts: 148
    Finally got my second set of replacement pieces and we definitely have some progress. Of the 4 requested, I now have 2 with the correct spelling, unfortunately that means I now have 10 incorrectly spelt parts (including the originals).
    So they have the new ones but they look like they are in the same storage bin as the old ones.
    I got one today. Correct spelling at last.
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,941
    Now save the wrong ones for a while and sell them for a fortune as rare misprints! (Except at the moment, the right ones are the rare ones...)
    Legoboy
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,298
    Will wonders never cease? People are getting pieces with the correct spelling!
    This is hilarious. After waiting two months, I've just received my second set of replacements that were supposed be correct. Only one of the three bricks is spelt right. Now I have 8 that are spelt wrong, and 1 that is correct!
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,987
    I have not heard a peep since before Christmas. Still waiting for my second try to arrive.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    How hard is it to add another step to the kitting process that calls for the picker to read the piece? Of course at that font, ...
    edited January 2014

How hard is it to add another step to the kitting process that calls for the picker to read the piece? Of course at that font, ...

Evidently, very hard.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,987
    So I got my second replacement package today. Of the four I asked for, three were spelled correctly and one was still spelled wrong.
  • Renegade007cjhRenegade007cjh Essex, UKMember Posts: 687
    Got my replacements today (ordered way back in November). Still spelled wrong. Sigh! Back to Customer Services we go...
    Re. the second lot of replacements I received where 2 were still spelt wrong, I just got an email saying "I'm so sorry you've been having so many issues trying to get the correct piece", and then ironically saying that they're going to be sending me one replacement tile.

Oh well, 4th time lucky?
  • roxioroxio UKMember Posts: 1,350
    Do we know if there has been a production run of sealed sets containing correct spelling ?
    Just received my single replacement when I needed two (but hey, at least it was spelt right!). Still no response yet to the email I sent about it 2 weeks ago.

I'm actually really disappointed. Their customer service has been woeful these past few months. Taking weeks to respond before doing the wrong thing is bad enough, but doing it several times in a row is ridiculous. [rant ends]
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,666
    I finally got one with the correct spelling.
  • legoprodslegoprods SpainMember Posts: 445
    CCC said:

This must have cost them a small fortune in post.

Maybe the same cost as the yearly salary of the employee that made the errors.

Hopefully not! ;-)
    Is anyone else still waiting to eventually receive the right part, or is it just me being unlucky again? Their customer service seems to have gone really, really bad. They haven't even bothered replying to the last email I sent over a month ago.
    edited February 2014
    I finally received mine a couple weeks ago - 3rd try was the charm.

@paul_merton try calling, they can ignore emails, but it's pretty hard to blow you off on the phone.
    5th time lucky, I'm hoping :)
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,941
    So what's the biggest total of misspelt ones collected by a single person so far?
    Yesterday, I got an apology about this and another part sent off to me (let's hope it's the right one!)

They also gave me 300 VIP points, which was unexpected, although these don't seen to have actually made it into my account. In fact, the only thing that seems different is that every time I browse to shop.lego.com, the language defaults to German. Even if I change it back, it keeps going back to German! Das ist nicht gut!
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    I just got this set from Amazon as a gift, and it still has the wrong spelling on the piece. I have just sent an email to customer service. I hope they have sorted out the issues and will send me the correct piece!
    I'm sure most boxes (maybe all) out in the wild right now have the error.
    I still haven't heard anything back from Customer Service yet (not even an acknowledgement of my email).
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,354
    I sorted mine recently, I went through the missing piece service, took a couple of days for them to get back to me, then a week or so for the piece to arrive.
    Finally got all 3 of my replacement parts with the correct spelling - only took 5 months! - but still no sign of the 300 VIP points they promised to send me. Goodness knows what they keep doing to break my account, but they've just sent me my 6th replacement VIP card to try and fix the problem...

Finally got all 3 of my replacement parts with the correct spelling - only took 5 months! - but still no sign of the 300 VIP points they promised to send me. Goodness knows what they keep doing to break my account, but they've just sent me my 6th replacement VIP card to try and fix the problem...

Check again, maybe in the spirit of the BTTF shield/sheild dyslexia, they actually gave you 003.
    ^ Nope, turns out they added them to the wrong account. All of the problems I keep getting seem to stem from the fact that I had to create a new account a few years ago (they told me I had to, as my old account had "data corruption".... hmm)

When I asked customer services for my replacement parts, they must have looked up my old account and placed the orders on that one, as despite having abandoned it a few years ago, I was told that *I* had placed some orders on that account this year.

I asked them to delete that old account a couple of years ago, but it seems they never bothered. I asked them to close the account again yesterday, but they say they can't delete anything.

Really annoying, as I know this is just going to keep on causing problems. I've lost count of the number of times I've had problems trying to use VIP cards, had to chase up VIP points that never arrived, etc.

At least I now know why, even if the problem hasn't really been fixed.
    Well this morning I got an email saying that my Bricks & Pieces order has been shipped. Hopefully I get the correct tile and not another misspelled one!
    I got my piece today from LEGO. The "Shield" is now spelled correctly, but the print quality of the "Disconnect Capacitor Drive Before Opening" part is a little lacking. Oh well, I am satisfied with having 1 misprint piece and 1 corrected piece.
  • dragwitdragwit Member Posts: 26
    I just got the BTTF Delorian from the Lego Store in Utah on Tuesday. I opened it and put it together yesterday, and the piece was still misspelled in my set. I called customer service and they said they would ship out the piece with correct spelling. So, to the person whom asked if there are production sets with the correct spelling yet...I would venture to say, no, not yet.
    If I were to guess, I'd guess that every set in every store at this moment has the misspelled version.
  • sonatine01sonatine01 Daventry, EnglandMember Posts: 656
    I've just been told by customer services at Lego they have no correctly spelt pieces yet and are still waiting for the correct batch to be made ?!? I need to wait a month and ring them back to see if they have it sorted by then.
    ^ They have definitely had them in the past.
  • sonatine01sonatine01 Daventry, EnglandMember Posts: 656
    @CCC , as people have said they've received them already, so i can only presume the Lego staff are wrong. That doesn't suprise me after recent dealings with them, i just could't be bothered to argue with them today.
    I got my replacement yesterday, and it is spelled correctly. 1st try.
  • RomanticWarriorRomanticWarrior United StatesMember Posts: 248
    dragwit said:

Is that 1st try or "1st try" a la Batman in The LEGO Movie? ;)

TheLoneTensorscrumperAanchirAmanda1983
  • Mandalorian_BuilderMandalorian_Builder Member Posts: 197
    Looks like Lego finally getting it right on the first try.

dragwit said:

Is that 1st try or "1st try" a la Batman in The LEGO Movie? ;)

It is actual first try...but would have been hilarious if it were a la Batman in The LEGO Movie!
    RomanticWarriorAmanda1983
  • cmrt1014cmrt1014 Member Posts: 396
    A replacement part (correct spelling) arrived today - on my first request. Thank you so much to everyone that helped make this happen - and for all the information that there is/was an issue.
  • LordofLegoLordofLego Member Posts: 311
    Adzbadboy said:
    Dear Lego, Just go back in time and fix this spelling error!!
    They can't. Their flux capacitor is broken.