Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 11

kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 814
edited July 2013 in Collecting
Here is a nice picture of the series 11 minifigures, these are already available to buy at a supermarket in Poland http://images.brickset.com/CMF series 11_20130718.jpg
(Im sorry if Im too late with the news) :-D
Original source is http://brickset.com/news/article/?ID=7097
BrickDancerPitfall69GothamConstructionCoLostInTranslationAdzbadboybricksanbassbisonjasorBuriedinBrickstomahawkerLegobutterflyLegoMom1CalamityJay

Comments

• starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,285
    wow better than i thought. I like the Gingerbread man, elf, yeti, grandma, tiki guy and sax player.
  • pillpodpillpod Member Posts: 273
    These look great. There will probably only be a few of those I won't want to get. Good news!
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,221
    I was going to stop collecting after 10, but I love these! Except perhaps for fig #1, seems to e we've already had him (I mean with very little variation, the others I feel had more!)
  • DoubleDDoubleD Oklahoma, USAMember Posts: 488
    They look great I think they may be getting better
  • jadeirenejadeirene US, CaliforniaMember Posts: 475
    Ooh, a saxophone and a new cat!
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^^#1 looks like Gladiator with Jungle Boy head & hair, lamest of the bunch. Rest are looking pretty good like Tiki Warrior and Gingerbread Man.
  • DoubleDDoubleD Oklahoma, USAMember Posts: 488
    When are these suppose to be out
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    Don't care too much for the Xmas elf's face but that's an easy enough fix. I will be getting a bunch them for Christmas Town aka Winter Village. The scarecrow is spectacular and in the top running for my favorite CMF fig. The yeti, ginger bread man, and tiki warrior are all great as well. Excited as always.
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    Man... If the Elf's hat would have include a little bit if blonde or brown hair in the front we would have had the perfect piece for creating Link from LoZ.
    khmellymel
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,356
    Love the old Blacktron logo on the space guy.
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,908
    Anyone else tired of seeing #1?
    marjorykmargot
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,235
    Yes, Lego did a good thing by putting the elfs ears on his hat. That way you can use any face you want.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,239
    Oh man this series is great. The tiki mask is awesome and we now have Jake and Elwood Blues! Love it.
  • YpresYpres Member Posts: 200
    Wow those look nice... but I always have to remind myself that they're made with disgustingly poor quality. For the longest time I've only been in love with the unique accessories, this time I'm really fond of the cat and new teddy bear.
  • BoiseStateBoiseState Member Posts: 804
    We won't see these for a good 6 weeks over here..
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,630
    Ypres said:

Wow those look nice... but I always have to remind myself that they're made with disgustingly poor quality. For the longest time I've only been in love with the unique accessories, this time I'm really fond of the cat and new teddy bear.

Think the cat is just a new print, not a new mould? Looks very similar to the old cat mould, though may be an update. The teddy bear first came with the s6 sleepy head.

Sooooo disappointed with the Barbarian. Was really looking forward to a new sword, or back sheath or hair or at least SOME new part.

On the whole I'm feeling a bit 'meh' about the lot. If it had been a few more months since s10 then I might have been a bit more.excited by it. But as it is I think I'll be sticking to my decision to stop at s10. There's to too many lame ducks and repeats to continue being a completist.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,630
    Actually the cat does look new on second glance, feet and more square but the pose looks similar. And the bear looks darker print.
  • BoiseStateBoiseState Member Posts: 804
    It's a definite "meh" set for me. I'll buy it anyways, but I hope 12 is better.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,495
    There are some real good'uns here, with some nice new parts/colours. Grandma is very sweet, the waitress is funny, tiki warrior is cool, gingerbread man and elf are cute, like the scarecrow and yeti too. Plus a proper bobby and a saxophone! Really good series imo.
  • carlqcarlq Ruislip Manor, MiddlesexMember Posts: 792
    Agreed, Lucy! I always feel excited by the first pictures of the new sets, if only because of new parts for which I can see good uses for; but like you, I think this is one of the good ones.
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 1,949
    ^ + ^^ Likewise! I'm looking forward to getting hold of them. Really like the Tiki Warrior, Yeti and English Police Constable. Not too keen on the Girl Robot or Evil Space Being Thingy (the one with the laser pistol), otherwise a really good series with some interesting minifigs.
  • JonnyB64JonnyB64 Member Posts: 47

It's a definite "meh" set for me.

My thoughts exactly. Too quick after Series 10....

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,204
    I'm pleased with most. Barbarian not great, Bavarian girl boring - another pretzel?

I thought great, a British policeman - but then noticed that they have put yellow skin on his torso. Why? No other cops show their skin, so this one cannot be used with fleshie heads and hands (or zombie ones either). That stops me getting a dozen of them. Now maybe 1 or 2 only.
  • BeavBeav Member Posts: 303
    Agree with the barbarian being disappointing, its just a simple rehash. But, I love most of these.

Tiki warrior looks amazing, as does the Yeti, Gingerbread man, jazz man, female scientist, welder, climber, they all look brilliant!
  • CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
    Apart from number 1, 3 and 16 all are amazing! 2 of those Welders, a couple of those rock climbers scaling the rocky cliffs plus the Yeti waiting for them in an old cave ;) so many ideas will be made possible.
  • beabea Member Posts: 227
    The grandma and scarecrow are great.

Many flops in this series as well. I could do without the repeated barbarian, mech, robot, scientist and lady with the pretzel.

Also pretty disappointed to see no "guy in suit" figure. Those were my faves.
    andhe
  • ereiamjhereiamjh Member Posts: 182
    @bea So you reckon he's a real elf then? ;)
  • FoxyA19FoxyA19 Member Posts: 124
    Can't wait to get my hands on these figures, very impressed especially with the yeti and scarecrow.
  • kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 814
    IMO this is the best series up to date, I like all of them, the only exception being the barbarian but I will still have to get a full set and its not like hes extremely bad, he comes with two swords, I also like the Bavarian woman because she has a cool skirt and the rest are just awesome because most of them come with new moulds. :-D
  • Tevans333Tevans333 Member Posts: 150
    My winter village setup is begging for a 6, a couple 7's and an 8!
  • jasorjasor United StatesMember Posts: 839
    distribution prediction: 28 barbarians, and 2 per each other fig. ;)

Loving some of that Scarecrow, Yeti, and Rock Climber
    Furrysaurus
  • XefanXefan Member Posts: 1,149
    Was thinking the same. Barbarians will be the common one too I bet so that we end up with absurdly annoying amounts of them.
  • prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,561
    At first I wondered why is there an image of an islander-style hair-with-bone piece on the back of the Series 11 insert when no such hairpiece appeared on any of the figures on the other side? Then I noticed the ends of the bone peeking out from behind the Tiki warrior's mask. The mask isn't a headpiece; it appears to fit on the figure's neck instead.
    I still cant get over the fact that TLG puts nude yellow figs full frontal on the back side of the instructions....for SHAME.

^ good catch on the Tiki dude...I am loving that minifig the more I look at it.
    jasor said:

I still cant get over the fact that TLG puts nude yellow figs full frontal on the back side of the instructions....for SHAME.

No different to a naked androgynous shop dummy in a store window.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,239
    prof1515 said:

it appears to fit on the figure's neck instead.

That makes it 10x better IMO. The only way they could have made it look decent from the back if it attached to the head stud is to have it have some sort of "hair" as part of the mask. This way you can use any hair you want that fits.
  • XefanXefan Member Posts: 1,149
    Just read the Ginger Bread man's mug. Kinda disturbing.
    ^ best pickup line EVER in Candyland.
    CCC said:

jasor said:

No different to a naked androgynous shop dummy in a store window.
    Oh, I speak out on those too. Look away children.
    I never thought I'd be confused by instructions for a minifig.

Yet I am confused.

The Yeti head goes onto the neck, as it is with the neck related items. Yet the Gingerbread man's head and the Robot's head are with the head gear, and so should according to the instructions fit over a standard head. When in reality they are moulded head pieces.

If they are going to do instructions, they could at least do them right.
  • prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,561
    edited July 2013
    I too was bothered by the placement of the Yeti head but I think they grouped it with the others because, like the Tiki mask or armor, it extends beyond just the neck to cover part of the torso.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited July 2013
    Anyone care to wager on which ones will be "2 per box?"

I'm guessing Yeti, Scarecrow, Gingerbread Man, Tiki.

Also, with the Yeti, do the instructions imply he will have a head under his...head?
  • icey117icey117 DenmarkMember Posts: 499
    Ha... Am I the only one that finds the Gladiator and the Bavarian lady the coolest in the series. :-D
    ^ I will get 20 or so barbarians and mix and match legs and torsos with jungle boy etc. As for Bavarian woman, I'll pass. I hate skirted figures.
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,356
    I know which ones I'll be getting! Scarecrow, Yeti, Evil Mech, Scientist, Tiki Warrior and possibly Welder, here I come! Especially liking the scientist for the flask in the new blue colour! :-D
    The one I dislike the most imo is 13 (not sure of official name). Not sure they should have used a yellow shirt against yellow skin :-S Any other colour would have sorted that out perfectly. Am I the only one to think this actually?
    Apart from that, I much prefer this series to Series 10, there's more minifigs I actually want here!
    edited July 2013
    ^^you'll be able to get all 20 from the same box
    cheshirecat
    If the barbarian is really unwanted I'll pick him up on the secondary market. Cheaper to buy unwanted figs that way than direct at rrp.
  • chuxtoyboxchuxtoybox Member Posts: 711
    Crom! Am I the only Conan fan out there? Number one is a barbarian and although he does look like previous figures he still is cool! If you want to talk rehash, don't they just keep painting #4 different colors? I'm actually a little disappointed that the elf's ears are attached to the hat because I thought the hat looked more like a gnome hat than the hat they used for the gnome and I like gnomes as much as I like Conan and I never played Zelda but if I get extras I'll have to see what he looks like with a beard. No one has mentioned the roller-skates on the waitress. Are these not a new element? I want them all, of course. I'm still confused about the welder. Does it even have a minifigure head or not?
    dannyrww
    edited July 2013
    ^ skates = roller derby girl from S9

And the welder should have a head. It is a bit like a Boba Fett helmet.
    My guess for the frequency 2 figures - grandma, waitress, elf, yeti.
  • carlqcarlq Ruislip Manor, MiddlesexMember Posts: 792
    Taking last time as a guide, 4 of the 5 female figures will be frequency 2 - my guess is the one that isn't will be the Ladybot, since nobody seems to like her much...:-/