Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

SDCC: 2014 Star Wars AT-AP revealed!!

2»

Comments

• LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    cavegod said:

Ive watched season 5 and im still waiting to find out how snips meets her end...

She needs to survive, there are too many future stories for her...

She can survive and be discovered like Yoda and Obi Wan were...

It would be a shame if she were to be killed...
    murphquake
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    edited July 2013

"I figured someone would mention this, however it still sells for the same price it retailed at on eBay. Thus, I think it's hard to argue that point."

Not when I've checked, most of them were around $80-90 for a sealed Set.
    I suspect the price will go down after this one is released though.
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 410
    Nice set, but those robots need a turbolaser on a tripod or something...
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    Its ok but I don't love it anymore than the one I passed on a couple of years ago, especially with 2 walkers out there already.
  • trickydicky0880trickydicky0880 Member Posts: 134
    I don't mind it. I'm not gonna get it, just like I'm probably not going to get the atte and gunship because they look very much like the cw ones. The gunship has some cool minifigs though as does this at-ap.

I think we'll most definitely be seeing another millennium falcon when the ep VII sets come out. No way j.j. Abrams is getting rid of that. Fans would have his head on a platter.
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    @cavegod (Spoiler Alert) She dies at a ripe old age fighting a bear in the woods after serving in world war 1 and bootlegging
    trickydicky0880Yellowcastlered5
  • 91stlegotrooper91stlegotrooper Member Posts: 92
    Is it my imagination or does this AT-AP look taller than the last one. It does have about 300 more pieces than the old one. It looks very nice and is by far better than the older one when it comes to detail. I'm just going to throw this fact out there but the AT-AP is unlike other walkers. Walkers such as the AT-TE, AT-OT, AT-RT are used as tanks. The AT-AP, due to it's design, is used as a mobile artillery piece, not as a tank.
  • Lego_Lord_MayorcaLego_Lord_Mayorca H-Town, USAMember Posts: 532

I'm just going to throw this fact out there but the AT-AP is unlike other walkers. Walkers such as the AT-TE, AT-OT, AT-RT are used as tanks. The AT-AP, due to it's design, is used as a mobile artillery piece, not as a tank.

And this Lego incarnation of it will be little more than a stationary artillery piece, since those glorified "legs" don't possess enough articulation to even fake walking. Really, if Lego is going to re-release "new and improve" walkers, then aside from updated details, they need to make their functions more accurate. The AT-TE front and and back pair of legs need "knees", and so does this AT-AP. Lego had a good thing going with those click hinges in the original AT-AT. Why couldn't they have come up with something new and improved on that design so the AT-AP could have moveable joints with sacrificing stability?
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,161
    ^Taller yeah, perhaps a bit meatier too.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,248
    ^^ This part (http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=44225) is the only thing I can think of off hand that would probably support the weight and be easily movable, but I don't think it would look right in the type of leg the AT-AP has. But I'm sure LEGO could come up with something.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,312
  • tmgm528tmgm528 Member Posts: 457
    Looks just like the old one to me :P
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 539
    One rumor is that Ashoka is a part of the new Rebels cartoon series, taking place between the two trilogies. That is certainly one way to give some continuity, with Yoda and Obi-Wan out of service in hiding at this point.