Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

SDCC: 2014 Star Wars AT-AP revealed!!

CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,252
edited July 2013 in Collecting

No new info.

-Sci
andherancorbaitGothamConstructionCoBrickDancerLukeSkywalkerTheOneVeyronianhechenbbassbison91stlegotrooper

Comments

• rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    edited July 2013
    That is an AT-AP. :-)
    But it looks awesome! Love that new clone and wookie.
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,252
    Whoops! I can't edit my post.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,331
    Wonder if this is an indication we will get an Ep. III year despite the cancellation of the 3D versions. I hope so, there is a lot that could be done/redone better from the first go-round in '05
    ^ Like the ultimate space battle. :-)
  • skeet318skeet318 Banned Posts: 375
    edited July 2013
    @rancorbait

General Grievous without anime eyes?
    Obi Wan's Lizard Pal?
    Magna(?) Guards

rancorbaitvitreolum
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,237
    andhe said:

With exclusive 'Harry' from 'Harry and the Hendersons' figure!

Harry wasn't that dark though. He was more of a Chewbacca color.

edited July 2013
    There goes my stormtrooper head again :-)
    General Grevious with anime eyes HAHAHA.
    edited July 2013
    ^
    I dislike Clone Wars but my daughter loves it. "Robots and Rocket ships, daddy!"
    I don't like Clone wars either, I hate those "anime eyes"
    Diggydoes
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    I can't stand those anime eyes either.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Have u guys given it a chance and watched the series? I was a hater of the funny faces too until I watched the show. Has me hooked and sad to see it end. There were some great stories and characters in there.

And I'm digging a new Wookie woohoo!
    murphquake
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,256
    edited July 2013
    Not a bad set by the looks of it. The Wookiee (Tarful it would seem) looks fantastic, as does Commander Gree sitting atop the vehicle. The actual set looks similar to the previous edition but does contain some improvements.
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    My brother (a massive fan of clone trooper variants) is going to go ballistic over that clone trooper. And the Wookiee may just tempt him away from the Chima gorilla sets...shame it doesn't come with 1 more clone (a private or something)
    edited July 2013
    ^^ I think its' a little bigger than the previous version to. Now we need some green scout clones to go with Gree. Fingers crossed :-)
  • ZacheranoZacherano Member Posts: 59
    Yes, this does look quite similar to the previous version, but with some good looking improvements. I like the inclusion of Tarfful and Gree, and like others, hope (and believe) that this is the indication of an "Episode III" year.
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,347
    The model looks really good, I definitely wouldn't mind one of those on my Lego display!

Have u guys given it a chance and watched the series? I was a hater of the funny faces too until I watched the show. Has me hooked and sad to see it end. There were some great stories and characters in there.

Did you read the comment about my daughter? We do.
    ^And u still don't like it skeet? The episode of R2-D2 & C-3PO going to the spa was so good, how could u not enjoy it?
    ^ Gorgonfruit! (or whatever it was called). I really enjoyed the cartoon. Really hate that they cancel stuff like that when a competitor buys the IP.
  • 91stlegotrooper91stlegotrooper Member Posts: 92
    @BrickDancer, I have seen every clone wars episode to date. I remember the spa episode was good. My favorite is when Captain Rex is injured and has to stay with the clone deserter and his family

^And u still don't like it skeet? The episode of R2-D2 & C-3PO going to the spa was so good, how could u not enjoy it?

!!??...No, I haven't. I don't have cable or dish. The Clone Wars comes on Saturdays on channel 7.2 when I'm usually at work. I ve seen 3 episodes. You're comment has made me interested in seeing more though. My wife saw an episode and was like,"Did Pixar do a Star Wars movie?
    ^Still don't like the minifigures. Anakin s padawan annoys me....

I've seen a few episodes, but there's nothing like the original.;-)

• AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,670
    I don't particularly care about this vehicle, but I'm glad to see that TLG is still releasing great new sets from the prequels. I was worried that after Disney cut off plans to re-release the remaining Star Wars films in 3D, we wouldn't see a lot of Episode III sets like how we saw so many great Episode I and II sets for the past couple years. I hope this set indicates that I was mistaken.
    @graphite Gorgon fruit! Lol. I loved that one too, hilarious!

@skeet318 the series starts off a bit slow but gets real good by Season 3 & 4. You can YouTube the R2-D2 & C-3PO episode for a sample.

@rancorbait yes I whole heartedly agree! Clone Wars comes 2nd and Prequel comes in last place.

And for those that havent had a taste but are curious as to why its good, here's a good write up fresh for today.

http://whatculture.com/tv/star-wars-8-reasons-the-clone-wars-was-better-than-the-prequels.php

@BrickDancer, I have seen every clone wars episode to date. I remember the spa episode was good. My favorite is when Captain Rex is injured and has to stay with the clone deserter and his family

Yea Rex's arc for that was pretty darn good. I like the clone-centric stories, showing how they each are different in personality.
    ^^ That article definitely lays it out nicely. I agreed with everything. Thought this was pretty funny " Everyone acted like a block of wood. So it’s not all that surprising that they were outclassed by cartoon characters."
    ^^ I liked the clone arcs as well. The way the story line jumped around in time sometimes bugged me and sometimes didn't. Like the stories of 5's, Heavy and crew through training I think came after the story of where they were stationed on the outpost Greivous disabled. But I really liked the stories that involved those guys.
    edited July 2013
    ^Yes! Those were the Clone arcs I was thinking of. The one with Wolffe's crew could have been longer tho.

I don't recall seeing AT-AP in TCW though. Lots of AT-TE, Gunships, Dropships, AT-RT Walkers though. Which was great, since I was starving to see more of those since Ep. II.
  • HokieJoe99HokieJoe99 Member Posts: 348
    This was likely the last set tied to Ep2 that had had a lot of time and money invested in it before the Disney acquisition. Depending on the exact timing of the 3D re-release cancellation and what stage TLG was in on the design of Ep. 3 sets, we may or may not see sets tied to that episode.

I hope that next year we will get a 'best of' series of Star Wars sets that were planned for the re-releases of Ep.3-6. It's likely in 2015 there will be a small wave at the beginning of the year and then it will be all in on Ep.7 and beyond.
    ^Thats a good point not yet discussed, once Ep. VII comes out will we still see many sets based on Prequel or OT? Maybe this will save us from a newly rehashed AT-AT and Falcon. And how many more, if any, CW sets can we expect? Inquiring minds want to know...
  • jasorjasor United StatesMember Posts: 839
    I would bet CW may have one more small wave in it, with the "season 6 bonus content" looming. Buy your Ahsoka's while you can, though.
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    @brickdancer, not a lot of ep3 stuff in TCW because it started just after ep2 and they had to work their way all the way to ep3... season 5 we were starting to get there but anakin was still mostly good, just inklings of his future, i'd say there would have been plenty of AT-APs by s6 or s7 if it wasnt cancelled.

Based on the lead times of TLG set design i'd fully expect a full range of ep3 sets in 2014, plus some clone wars stuff, maybe a little more from Yoda Chronicles and TOR plus the usual OT stuff.
    edited July 2013
    ^^Seriously right? Fox's price has jumped a lot in a year. Cheapest one in US is at $25. The rest will appreciate accordingly over time. There are some that are sure winners like Aayla, Padme, Shaak Ti, Krell, Quinlan Vos, etc. and those are just the Jedis.
    I don't think Ep VII coming out will cause LEGO to drop everything from previous episodes. Current OT, PT, CW, and game combinations show that they're willing to do stuff from all of the IP at the same time. If LEGO allows Disney to direct their content that much then we'll know for sure LEGO had died as a strong company. The new stuff of course will have a large presence but if that is all they do for SW that might be the beginning of the end the line that saved them.
  • lulwutlulwut Member Posts: 416
    edited July 2013
    Is that Commander Gree?
    ^ I only collect sets from the prequels. If Lego moves SW completely to Ep. VII, I wont buy Lego SW. Now lets say Ep. VII is a flop, what course would Lego take? A year or so of Ep. VII or keep them steady as they have with the rest of the SW theme?
    Considering what they did with TLR they would probably just keep going with making sets.
    jasor said:

I would bet CW may have one more small wave in it, with the "season 6 bonus content" looming. Buy your Ahsoka's while you can, though.

Never! I wouldn't want to contaminate the rest of my minifig collection. ;-)
    skeet318
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    @jasor @rancorbait send me all your Ahsokas i won't mind
    margot
    ^ Hehe, my Ashokas? I already sent them away, to the landfill!! ;-)
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 651
    Anyone hear about the DC set that was supposed to be announced today? Was that just the Riddler Chase set? Lord of the Brick is reporting a new Hobbit set announced.
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,199
    edited July 2013
    Am I the only one that doesn't like this set?

I will say, hats off to the minifigure designers, Commander Gree and the Wookie look exceptional.

But aside from that, what else is new? I'd almost call LEGO lazy on this set. I see maybe 10 different pieces from the other AT-AP released several years ago. Everything else looks exactly the same. From the legs, to the panels on the side, to the detail on the front, to the two guns on the top.

Perhaps I'm alone, but I'm flat out disappointed in this set, and in LEGO, especially with what they've done recently in the SW line.
    @samiam391- Maybe its' for those who missed the previous version such as myself,

I think they should have included a scout to but other than that I think it looks like a great set, I personally thought TLG did a good job with the design on this one.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,331
    Asoka starts off as an annoying young girl but as the show progresses she matures into one of the most interesting and likeable female characters in the 'verse. I didn't like her early on but she has become of the highlights of the show for me. The writers have developed her story really well. Also look forward to when my young daughter is old enough to watch the blu-rays with me because there will be a girl who kicks butt with lightsabers to idolize and not just senators and slave girls.
    margot
    ^^Who knows, there might be a scout. For all we know there might be one in the AT-AP cockpit. It would seem strange not to have a scout in this set. In the movie during the battle of Kashyyyk, it seemed like every clone but Gree was scout.
    edited July 2013
    ^^Clone Wars is very female character oriented, especially compared to the movies. Some of the strongest throughout the whole show are Ahsoka (as you said), Ventress plays a big role throughout, Barriss Offee and Luminara at the beginning, Aayla looked great in the few scenes, the female bounty hunters, the Queen of (?) that hesitated joining in the war, and a bit of Padme (could have been more).

I'm still waiting for Season 5 to come out on BD but trying not to spoil it for myself about what happens to Ahsoka. But very intriguing for the possibilities of her final fate.
  • cavegodcavegod Member Posts: 802
    Ive watched season 5 and im still waiting to find out how snips meets her end...
    murphquake
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,199

@samiam391- Maybe its' for those who missed the previous version such as myself

I figured someone would mention this, however it still sells for the same price it retailed at on eBay. Thus, I think it's hard to argue that point.