Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The LEGO Movie Merchandise

Comments

• murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    @CCC he wants to glue the world together =-O
  • klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 726
    Oh man, I think I worked for Lord Business once upon a time. The smirk is giving me flashbacks.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,735
    ^^^ I thought it was LFT, no?

;o)
    TheBigLegoskiLegoFanTexas
  • legodudelegodude Member Posts: 137
    TLM site is on LEGO.com
    http://www.lego.com/en-us/movie?icmp=cousfr35movie

Looks like Lord Business owns Octan.
  • mdellemanmdelleman Vancouver CanadaMember Posts: 274
    Looking forward to all the minifigure goodness this will bring!!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2013/10/23/lego-movie-peek-will-ferrell/2918385/
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,981
    Why do you think that popularity of a set or theme for parts among builders & AFOLs means a theme doesn't do well traditionally or overall?

I think in the case of Friends, it does seem to be fairly simple.
    Below contains some stereotypical assumptions, but...
    I don't think it would be incorrect to say that that the population of AFOLs is probably more heavily weighted towards men.
    The Friends sets are heavily marketed towards females.
    That doesn't mean that they aren't admired or liked, but in regards to it creating a 'must buy feeling' for a higher than average population of male AFOLs, I would suspect that a beauty salon is generally not at the top of a 35 year old male's list of must haves, while an amazing new Star Wars set might be.

On the other hand, with Friends some of the colors are new and interesting, and some of the pieces are as well. There is a creativity in these sets that has been lacking from the main City line for quite a while, so the line is very good for new colors and new interesting parts.

I think the other thing to note is that adults often look for something different in a theme compared to kids.

My son LOVED Power Miners and Atlantis, and yet I've heard many slam those lines over the years.

Lines like Chima and Friends are very oriented to kids, both in marketing and theme and what is contained within a set. It doesn't mean it doesn't have it's fans, but goodness the age the Chima TV show was geared to was ridiculously low. While something like Star Wars, Lego does give a nod to AFOLs in such a line.

• LegogeekLegogeek Orange County, CaliforniaMember Posts: 711
    mdelleman said:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2013/10/23/lego-movie-peek-will-ferrell/2918385/

Didn't USA Today have an article about the movie? ;-P

LOL, thanks to both of you for sharing the news. :D
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    Oops :-)
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,735
    According to someone at EB, #70806 Castle Cavalry is some sort of vehicle that looks like a podracer with castle towers as the pods.

Not quite what I was expecting, to say the least, and doesn't give me much hope for the rest of the line.
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 588
    mdelleman said:

Is it just me, or in the picture of Wyldstyle, is she depicted as having a hood that fits around the neck stud and over the torso? I believe that would be a new piece of body wear, would it not @caperberry?

Then there's the mess that is President Business/Lord Business's headdress/helmet/crown.
  • mdellemanmdelleman Vancouver CanadaMember Posts: 274
    ^ love the coffee cup on the crown lol

Has to be a coffee maker in one of the sets. Right?
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,028
    edited October 2013
    Does Emmet have a new hairpiece? He seems to have a couple of sticking up bits at the back.
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    I thought this was interesting.

Whoever says they have never wanted a pirate mech is lying! ;-)
  • tfranklin84tfranklin84 Member Posts: 104
    mdelleman said:

That article was pretty interesting! It said everything in the movie will be LEGO brick. I wonder if that's accurate? All the scenery and buildings are brick built? I know it's CG, but that's pretty awesome.

• maniacmaniac Yorkshire, UKMember Posts: 852
    New LEGO Movie Trailer

rancorbaitAanchirCapnRex101LostInTranslationGothamConstructionComdelleman
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    When I die, I want to go to this place
    LostInTranslationmargotprincedravenMorkMan
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,343
    edited October 2013
    I am so looking forward to this film, every time I watch these trailers I find new details!
    kylejohnson11
  • maniacmaniac Yorkshire, UKMember Posts: 852
    I want the Lincoln fig in the video to be in s12.
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,188
    I want to see the movie in theatre and add BluRay to my collection... hopefully with exclusive minifigure included.
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,366
    New set revealed on Yahoo!

-Sci
    sidersddbluemodernLostInTranslationAdeelZubaircarlqHarryPotterLoverkhmellymel
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    Nice to see 1x1 round tiles in pink now. Hopefully more new parts and colors become available due to these sets.
    @CM4S - the picture isn't showing for me :'(
    Any chance of a link or description? (Please :-))
    Fantastic! Noticed that crazy unicorn in the trailer (how could one miss it) and thought it was too bizarre for a set - nup!

@LostInTranslation - have gmailed you
    LostInTranslation
    Thanks Tim! It's sooooo pretty! I want! :-)
    I'm intrigued by the red piece on Emmet's back. From this it looks like a 1X1X2 brick but the position at which it connects to the fig's neck bracket is very odd.
    BTW this is the Yahoo article.

Says this will cost 'about' $20.
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,372
    So this is set #70803

Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of pink, so I might give this one a pass. It would certainly contradict just about every single other set I have in my room! :-P (all 500 or so scattered around that is!)

But... I do like how this may be the most diverse theme Lego has ever created. Can't wait to see what is revealed next from this line!
  • ChilisChilis Member Posts: 6
    This looks great! I bit "crazy" but still very interesting.
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,395
    I keep hearing the name unikitty being thrown around... I guess that is unikitty
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,395
    Also are we seeing wyldstyle and Emmit in every set? Its like the Lone Ranger all over again...I do like that they will be available in a more affordable set though.....the red brick on his back looks glued on in the trailer...and I heard part of the plot dealt with Lord Business wanting to glue the world together. Don't know what that all means, but I was wondering how they would do the red brick.
    There's a second picture in the gallery - same pic but different brightness. Main thing is that the mysterious light blue colour looks much less mysterious - from that first pic I thought it must be aqua, but from this one it just looks like Medium Azur.

But the 1X1 plate on the front foot of "Uni-kitty" (apparently it's a cross-breed between a cat and a unicorn...) still looks lighter to me, I'm hoping this is aqua (light aqua on BL). That might also explain why there are 30 for sale on BL!
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    edited November 2013
    At first I was 'wow' but 30 minutes later I just think it looks ridiculous. I mean - what would you do with it? It aint sitting on a shelf - I see no play value from it, a parts pack is the obvious answer but that seems a terrible waste of a production slot to me.

Hopefully the movie means that all the sets will be massively different because if they're all like this it will be a major disappointment for a theme I had high hopes for.
    edited November 2013
    ^ The hint of a gear behind the printed dishes suggests to me that they twirl - this is the perfect play feature for stoners and will provide hours of entertainment
    BrickarmorJonn420
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    edited November 2013
    The gear would be interesting if pulling the sunflower thing (akin to a one armed bandit) made the umbrellas turn. Although i don't see that being the case.

I have to admit to my dark ages coinciding with my student years so can't atest to the appeal of stoner lego - although I do recall having better things to do than play with pink lego.... although that might just be the drugs messing with my memory ;)
    I really like the suit guy's head, very cool. Really excited for these sets now.

^^ There's the "flower-launcher" thingy too. Gotta have some sort of missile!
    edited November 2013
    So many interesting parts in there too. I see a 1x2 log brick (which isn't new, as I thought, just revived), 1x1 round pink tile, pink pointed arch, large printed dishes, medium azure inverted slope, cheese in dark pink or magenta, bright light yellow rounded 6x6 plate, and 1x1 aqua and bright light yellow plates. Are the light lime panels new too?

How will you cope with all the new parts @caperberry? :-)
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,343
    It concerns me a little that the quality of these sets seems to far surpass any other theme at the moment, although that is not necessarily a bad thing since these look brilliant!
    In that video at 0:32 ... is that glue on his torso back?
    That image is going go give me nightmares. I need to go and look at some DBG and LBG to help soothe the pain.

Is the unicorn body a 1x3 arch or 1x4? If 1x3, that will be new too, won't it?

So many interesting parts in there too. I see a 1x2 log brick (which isn't new, as I thought, just revived), 1x1 round pink tile, pink pointed arch, large printed dishes, medium azure inverted slope, cheese in dark pink or magenta, bright light yellow rounded 6x6 plate, and 1x1 aqua and bright light yellow plates. Are the light lime panels new too?

Always better to have too much source material ;O)
  • lfty888lfty888 PhilippinesMember Posts: 13
    Hi guys, just asking..... why don't they have Marvel Super Heroes on the movie though..........
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432

Unicorn horn in medium blue as well.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,127
    lfty888 said:

Hi guys, just asking..... why don't they have Marvel Super Heroes on the movie though..........

WB is producing so they are using what they have licensed.
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,304
    This isn't going to be a display piece for me, but I do LOVE the contradictions that this set gives off - definitely something different! Totally picking this one up :D
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,175
    @CCC the arch is 1x3, which isn't new, although it might be new in that colour.
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,949
    This set is beautiful, and also a little bit daring. Even with the LEGO Movie sets being a zany "potpourri theme" like Time Cruisers, it would have been so easy for the LEGO Group to have kept all the sets "cool" and action-oriented to ensure sales with the boys that have been their core audience for the past several decades. But instead they're making a set that is "cute" rather than "cool". While it has some action features like the flower launcher and some clearly action-oriented characters, its cutesy Candy Land aesthetic will likely be its most defining trait once it appears on store shelves.

I hope this set sells well, and that it's a sign the LEGO Group no longer feels obligated to keep their themes strictly segregated by gender. I have no problem with girl-oriented or boy-oriented sets and stories, but ideally the LEGO Group should be taking strides towards sets and stories that cover a full spectrum, with themes for boys, themes for girls, and themes for any combination of the two groups.

@CCC the arch is 1x3, which isn't new, although it might be new in that colour.

I know, I have over 200 of them! But none in pink.

• lordzaraklordzarak OH, United StatesMember Posts: 329
    edited November 2013
    My favorite detail in the trailor was the Fabuland tshirt on the coffe shop patron. How great would it be to get a retro style Fabuland theme park set? :-)
    binaryeyered5