Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO Friends to sponsor Disney Channel original film this summer.

Comments

• TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    So is this an actual "Friends movie" or rather an unrelated movie that will have a bunch of Friends commercials around it?
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,248
    Under the image it says "Teen Beach Movie is from that same franchise as High School Musical" so most likely it is a live action teeny bopper movie.
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,851
    graphite said:

Under the image it says "Teen Beach Movie is from that same franchise as High School Musical" so most likely it is a live action teeny bopper movie.

Well, in the very least, with a title like that we can hope it'll be something with a lot of self-aware humor. I'm expecting live-action but the caption under the image isn't really indicative: all that means is that it's a Disney Channel Original Movie, and the subject matter of those varies wildly. One I've seen a couple times is called "Smart House", and it's a sort of speculative fiction film. There's also a Halloween film I've seen a couple times that was more of a mystery/adventure story. What Disney Channel original movies tend to have in common is that they are live-action family films with a generous helping of humor.

On a side note, I've never seen High School Musical all the way through, but what I have seen of it somewhat impressed me, particularly the choreography for some of the musical numbers. I know choreography in film isn't quite as impressive as choreography for a live show because you get multiple takes to get it right, and a voice track can be dubbed over the action if you can't get the songs to sound right during the dance segments. But I still don't get the idea that those movies are quite as atrocious as people make them out to be.

Overall, I won't be marking my calendar for this or even planning to see it unless I hear really good things about it. A LEGO sponsorship/cross-promotion deal is more or less meaningless — it just means that there's an overlap between the audience for LEGO Friends and the anticipated audience for this movie.
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 563
    We received an advertisement for the Teen Beach Movie DVD in the mail today, which describes the movie as follows: Cowabunga! Catch a perfect wave of fun in the sun, splashed with excitement, surprises and budding romance. Life's a beach for surfers Brady (Ross Lynch) and McKenzie (Maia Mitchell) -- until a rogue wave magically transports them inside the classic '60s beach party flick, "Wet Side Story," where a full-blown rivalry between bikers and surfers threatens to erupt.
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,851
    SirBen said:

We received an advertisement for the Teen Beach Movie DVD in the mail today, which describes the movie as follows: Cowabunga! Catch a perfect wave of fun in the sun, splashed with excitement, surprises and budding romance. Life's a beach for surfers Brady (Ross Lynch) and McKenzie (Maia Mitchell) -- until a rogue wave magically transports them inside the classic '60s beach party flick, "Wet Side Story," where a full-blown rivalry between bikers and surfers threatens to erupt.

Haha, sounds hilarious. I'm sure it won't be one that goes down in the history books but it should be a fun romp for anyone who plans to catch it. The premise alone is priceless.