Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Batman: The Riddler Chase Revealed with Flash Minifigure!

Tormentalous18Tormentalous18 Member Posts: 29
USA Today revealed a new DC Universe set that has a Flash minifigure.

thebrickfan.com/lego-super-heroes-dc-universe-batman-the-riddler-chase-revealed/
trickydicky0880nerick906sidersddBuriedinBricksSirBenspearos1LostInTranslationGurooojasorkezcarlq

Comments

• ZonZon Member Posts: 214
    edited July 2013
    Nice!
    He's a little less flashy than I expected, but I am sure many fans will be happy to finally get Flash.
  • llanowarsoldierllanowarsoldier Ohio USAMember Posts: 357
    So getting that!
  • TncatsfanTncatsfan Member Posts: 92
    Awesome! Definitely getting.
  • kempo81kempo81 Wiltshire, UKMember Posts: 961
    Yesssssss!
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Yay for Flash!! But any other pics of Bats and Riddler? Curious if they will be new figs too or rehashes.
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 729
    Thank god. My daughter has been asking for the flash ever since we sat and watched Superheroes unite DVD.
    LostInTranslation
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssss!!!! I love everything about it!!! I love the figs! I love the batmobile!!! I'm buying every damn one of them I see!
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,241
    Very cool. Anyone know if this is a Christmas time release or target at next year?
  • HarryPotterLoverHarryPotterLover Member Posts: 238
    That Riddler looks quite different. Maybe thats just a preliminary picture
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 658
    It has to be a different Riddler. We already got one with a light gray hat, this one has black arms and a green hat. Torso appears different too.
    murphquake
    It kind of looks like Riddler is getting ready to toss a banana peel ala Mario Cart.
  • admiralheinrichadmiralheinrich Member Posts: 12
    The car's symbol is reminiscent of Batgirl's. I'm hopeful it's not the Batman himself in that vehicle.
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 863
    Good eye on the Batgirl signal. Until that, I was simply thinking of Bricklinking the Flash fig. But now, I might have to get the whole thing :)
    admiralheinrich
  • trickydicky0880trickydicky0880 Member Posts: 134
    Looks awesome. Batman's new batmobile looks a lot better than the most recent batmobile too.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,241
    CircleK said:

It kind of looks like Riddler is getting ready to toss a banana peel ala Mario Cart.

It definitely appears to be the banana piece but probably meant to be a boomerang or something.
    edited July 2013
    The windshield sticker kinda looks like the "Beware the Batman" chest symbol. Wouldn't get my hopes up. Looks to be that same Batman cowl inside.

For a villain vehicle as arbitrary as a dragster, I'm disappointed we're getting a variant riddler as opposed to a different villain.
    edited July 2013
    @GIR3691

It actually looks like a different riddler from the ordinary one because he has a green hat instead of a grey one. This may be because these are preliminary set photos but probably not because this set will be shown at comicon.
  • BustinBustin Member Posts: 286
    Ugh that is a terrible bat mobile. The drag racer is not very good either in my opinion.
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    edited July 2013
    ^^ If it was a preliminary image I would guess that they would have used the previous Riddler, so this one is likely the one we will get in the set.
  • HarryPotterLoverHarryPotterLover Member Posts: 238
    After the red crowbar in the Funhouse I would have liked the cane piece (redesigned from 2006), but sadly just a banana, maybe ment to be a boomerang (?) sad.
    Jonn420
  • DeadareusDeadareus Member Posts: 264
    Not a huge fan of the vehicles. But the Flash makes this set a must buy!
  • TinKnockerHimesTinKnockerHimes Member Posts: 76
    zooming in on the pic, whatever minifig is in the batmobile is yellow bodied
    ^ maybe it's batgirl.
  • TncatsfanTncatsfan Member Posts: 92
    Picture is a little more high res at this site...

http://www.fbtb.net/2013/07/15/2014-set-news-dc-super-heroes-batman-the-riddler-chase-featuring-the-flash/

Does not look like a batgirl figure, and the riddler has a redesign from jokers funhouse.
    bluemodern

@GIR3691

It actually looks like a different riddler from the ordinary one because he has a green hat instead of a grey one.

I said that...

• BustinBustin Member Posts: 286
    I'm not impressed with the flash minifig either. Where are his yellow boots??? Or the yellow lightning on the arms??? It's a minimal costume as it is for the flash and Lego dropped the yellow boots!
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    Definitely grey/blue Batman in the car. The symbol is a bit odd though...
  • BoiseStateBoiseState Member Posts: 804
    They've done quite a few different Batman versions, I'd be surprised if it was yet another.
  • icey117icey117 DenmarkMember Posts: 506
    According to the source its Batman in the car.

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/2519053
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,520
    Great, a Flash minifig in a reasonably priced set!
    The dragster looks a bit lame but this set is all about the Flash.
    kempo81
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,833
    edited July 2013
    I think a new Batman cartoon is in the works, perhaps the new logo is designed to match with that? And the Batmobile too for that matter?
  • CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
    Finally! the Flash!!!! and it looks like Batgirl will appear as well :)
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,624
    It don't look legit?!
    icey117
  • kyrotekkyrotek Southampton, UKMember Posts: 212
    Flash!! AHHH AHHHHHH! Savior of the Batman theme!!

Okay, maybe not but he is the reason I am going to buy that set and probably as soon as I see it rather than wait for an offer.

• andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,760
    Adzbadboy said:

It don't look legit?!

I think it's a computer render rather than a set image. Or just heavily edited.

Hopefully we'll see the actual set and figure pics this weekend.

bluemodern
  • skeet318skeet318 Banned Posts: 375
    Flash Fact:

I am pleased!
  • maniacmaniac Yorkshire, UKMember Posts: 794
    edited July 2013
    I've held off buying a custom Flash for ages because I had a feeling that Flash MUST come in a set in the near future. Now we know he's in this set, definite buy for me since it's my favorite DC character.
    I am really digging the Batmobile despite its non-traditional form. Is that canopy a new color of trans-brown-yellow-something-or-other?
  • BRCBRC Member Posts: 125
    Cool, I almost bought a Riddler Minifigure on Ebay, I'll wait for this!
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,806
    maniac said:

I've held off buying a custom Flash for ages because I had a feeling that Flash MUST come in a set in the near future. Now we know he's in this set, definite buy for me since it's my favorite DC character.

Me too. I'd prefer an official one over a custom one any day, even if the design is not quite as good.
    DrmnezjasorGurooo
  • jasorjasor United StatesMember Posts: 839
    This is, like, the best Tuesday, like, ever.
  • skeet318skeet318 Banned Posts: 375
    edited July 2013
    ^Like, totally!
    jasor
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    ^ Yea, like, I... Ok i'll shut up.
    skeet318
  • richlrichl NYCMember Posts: 245
    edited July 2013
    YES (Also: I really hope that's Batgirl)

(Second also: I really don't like the Riddler's car)
    Now we just need a Green Lantern (for those who weren't lucky enough to get the comic con one or who were smart enough to not pay hundreds of dollars for one), a Martian Manhunter, and maybe a Hawkman minifig and then our JLA's will be complete! LEGO Avengers vs. LEGO JLA will be an epic battle.
    I really don't think it's Batgirl. Batgirl rides a bike. Only the big man himself gets behind the wheel of the mobile.
    andhe
  • truktruk Member Posts: 46

Now we just need a Green Lantern (for those who weren't lucky enough to get the comic con one or who were smart enough to not pay hundreds of dollars for one), a Martian Manhunter, and maybe a Hawkman minifig and then our JLA's will be complete! LEGO Avengers vs. LEGO JLA will be an epic battle.

Hopefully. I don't think there are any more DC movie properties coming in the next 6-8 months, so that frees up the slots filled by the Nolan-verse Batman set and 3x Superman mid-year sets in this year's run for next year.

On the other hand, Marvel is just cranking out the content, so Lego might end up shifting the balance to get more of those properies represented.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,760
    I would have liked to see more of a reason for the Flash's inclusion. As it is it's more of a Batman vs the Riddler set. I know you can't exactly put the Flash on a bike, but at least Aquaman was frozen in some ice.
    legomatt
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002

zooming in on the pic, whatever minifig is in the batmobile is yellow bodied

The yellow you're seeing is actually the steering column.
    ^^ I think the idea is he runs as fast as the Dragster (until he slips on the banana peels the Riddler throws at him)
    trickydicky0880jasorbluemodern