Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Work In progress WWII French war-torn Town

Legoliner_PilotLegoliner_Pilot Member Posts: 2
edited July 2011 in Building and Techniques
LEGO refuses to make accurate WWII sets, so I set out to make my own WWII town. Set in Cherbourg, France, 1944, the town is an active battle between the Allies (Americans, British, Canadians, and French Resistance) and the Axis (Germans. It features a main street with modular buildings (damage not added yet), a dirt airfield and WIP forest, houses, and it will eventually have a canal with a bridge leading across it.

All weapons and helmets not made by LEGO are custom molded by BrickArms LTD, who produces accurate weaponry (mostly guns) and helmets specifically for LEGO minifgures.. Link to BrickArms:
http://www.brickarms.com/Default.aspx

Enough babble on my parts, here are the pictures! NOTE: This is still a WIP, please excuse the messiness. :o)

Overview

The American Advance

The British Advance/Fight

The Modular Street (Notice the Spitfire. Also, I will add damaged to the buildings some time)

The Spitfire up-close

The German Defense (Trolololololol. Don't mind them.)

Eastern American Advance

Southern American Advance up-close

The Airfield

---

Please note that this is a WIP. Also, don't hesitate to ask for more pictures and/or views. ;)

Enjoy!

-Legoliner Pilot

Comments

• CancanCancan Member Posts: 31
    I love it. I'm going to add Omaha Beach to my "someday" project list.

Where will you get enough white flags for the French?
  • legoDadlegoDad Member Posts: 529
    Like that Spitfire!
  • BrickBugBrickBug Member Posts: 14
    I like the spitfire asso, and I used to have my custom P-38 Lightning.
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    How did u do the spitfire wings? Love it.
    Needs more strewn body parts for realism.
    Like the attention to detail on the accuracy of the minifigs and vehicles for historical correctness, only to add trolls - nice touch!
  • Legoliner_PilotLegoliner_Pilot Member Posts: 2
    How did u do the spitfire wings? Love it.
    Needs more strewn body parts for realism.
    Like the attention to detail on the accuracy of the minifigs and vehicles for historical correctness, only to add trolls - nice touch!
    The wings are attached by modified bricks with knobs. In this case, two of these on both sides:

I like the spitfire asso, and I used to have my custom P-38 Lightning.
    That's cool, maybe you could upload a picture of it sometime. :o)

Like that Spitfire!
    Thanks, it's one of my favorites of the display too. Here is an up-close of it:

I love it. I'm going to add Omaha Beach to my "someday" project list.

Where will you get enough white flags for the French?
    Bricklink, maybe? :P

---

Now, for a German armored vehicle, a created a SdFkz Wespe Self-propelled Gun: