Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

How to get hold of LEGO deco?

icey117icey117 DenmarkMember Posts: 509
Having dedicated a minor room for the LEGO hobby, I can help thinking how nice it would be to get some of the LEGO deco that shops get to decorate their LEGO sections.

Everything from the large minfigs, to tall banners or even the the LEGO logo lamps... How can one get hold of such nice stuff?

(Beside becoming friends with a toyshop owner of cause)

Comments

• thebricksterthebrickster Member Posts: 63
    ebay is a good place to start looking for the retail displays and banners.
    icey117
  • PlellPlell Member Posts: 192
    I'd recommend asking to speak to a store's merchandiser about it - you may be able to claim it for when they're done using it. A lot of that stuff just gets thrown out when the store is done with it, unless the company specifically directs them to hang onto it for possible reuse. You might have to wait quite a while, and it might be a bit shopworn, but you could likely get it for free this way.
    icey117
  • BeardedCastleGuyBeardedCastleGuy Member Posts: 127
    Fyi, some suppliers require Destruction of branded display materials *cough*Disney*cough so this may or may not be possible. I don't know LEGO's stance on this so it IS worth asking.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    I got this ex-display for my birthday last month from a couple of fellow AFOLs. Looks very cool on my landing :-))
    (I put an Indy minifig on his shoulder so you can get an idea of how big he is :-))
    iamterryicey117andhe
  • gifinimgifinim UKMember Posts: 174
    I've had large posters from Argos when they've been changing their displays over. (Just make sure you have enough room on the car first!)
  • icey117icey117 DenmarkMember Posts: 509
    Gathered courage (not that much was needed) asked and got this cool thing from the toysection of the local shooping centre. It's the same image on the back, but mirrored. :-)
  • canon03canon03 USAMember Posts: 339
    Guess if you didn't have that coast guard set, you'll have to get in now. :) Nice find.
    icey117
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,104
    I know that the BF special event last year gave out LEGO store posters. As they gave them out to everyone that walked in for the event, I'm sure there are those out there with them for trade.