Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Casting Call for AFOLs for LEGO Film!

akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,032
I have been contacted by a production company who is looking for "super LEGO fans" (as they put it) in Southern California. This is for AFOLs only. Not kids. I assume they are doing something like the previously released Blocumentary. Filming begins in two weeks.

If you would like to participate, or know someone who would be a great candidate, you can read details and apply here: http://thebrickblogger.com/2013/07/lego-fan-casting-call-for-tv-show/

Please spread the word! This is an awesome and fun opportunity for LEGO fans!

Comments

• GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 736
    Do they pay travel expenses? I'm in the UK :)
    Paperballparkandhe91stlegotrooper
  • akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,032
    @GothamConstructionCo they are specifically looking for AFOLs in Southern California. So, no I don't think so. I think what they are planning to do is similar to Blocumentary which featured LEGO fans in the Pacific Northwest. It's a really nice film.
    GothamConstructionCo
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    edited July 2013
    Hum, I'm going to nominate the following folks: @BrickDancer, @kwkw, @gmpirate, plus a few others I've missed :).
  • akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,032
    @Poochy, are they in South California? If they are, and they are interested, it could be fun! They could tell us how it went!...(c:
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    ^ They all are, unless they have moved recently :). I just want to see all of @BrickDancer BL'ed collection, @kwkw 500-roman army, and @gmpirate LBR purchases ..
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    ^ Funny, you must take notes of who lives where like me :P
  • kwkwkwkw USAMember Posts: 1,176
    @Poochy lol I would do it (as I would be a great movie star haha) but I'm too busy right now with work :(
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    ^ Maybe if they wanted to ride shotgun from Target to Target, Lego B&M to Lego B&M :)
  • skeet318skeet318 Banned Posts: 375
    I wouldn't do this film if I were single. The producers may portray me as perverse instead of listening to what I have to say about my Lego contraptions.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Thanks for the compliment @Poochy! Erm... But I'd be too camera shy to be a good candidate. However my collection is public. Just need to upload more pics.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brickdancer/
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,873
    edited July 2013
    skeet318 said:

I wouldn't do this film if I were single. The producers may portray me as perverse instead of listening to what I have to say about my Lego contraptions.

Perhaps they could pixel out your face with lego bricks?

(That sounds more aggressive than was intended).

skeet318
  • skeet318skeet318 Banned Posts: 375
    ^ No. That was clever.