Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO's Replacement Parts Site

Comments

• LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,531
    ^ I saw that too, was considering placing an order but I guess that decision has been made for me now until end of January!
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 617
    In the Ambassador forum, there is a post that says most of the Lego group is on holiday from Dec 19 - Jan 5. Since B&P is actually pulled from Billund supply, it makes sense that they shut off orders ahead of their vacation time.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    edited December 2014
    I just called [email protected] and was told that Bricks and Pieces was shut down until Feb. 1, for the holidays. Argh!
    eta-Just saw that @CCC gave the same info.
    Too bad they can't put that info on the US [email protected] website.
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    Oh pook. Discovered some new element ids just today that I wanted to order!
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,020
    Ooh, which ones?
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,433
    Yeah, sounds a bit silly but wanted to see what the parts I wanted would cost at [email protected] before buying from BL.
    Andor
    CCC said:

Ooh, which ones?

Round jumpers, black Apollos and trans clear wedge plates.

CCC said:

Ooh, which ones?

Round jumpers, black Apollos and trans clear wedge plates.
    The first two sound interesting for me. The trans-clear wedges - are they going to be in the new Wonder Woman plane?
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,485
    Round jumpers? Very interesting! I can't immediately think of a unique use for them, but I'm sure there will be...
    Yes her invisible jet. The other two are in Detective's Office amongst other sets.
    I'll be blogging the round jumpers this week :) The only surprise with them is that the stud is hollow and not recessed

Round jumpers? Very interesting! I can't immediately think of a unique use for them, but I'm sure there will be...

If they do them in silver, then they will be great for doing a pigs head on a platter for castle banquets. The piggy guy's head piece, a plain dark red head underneath, on top of a silver round jumper. I know there are various dishes and other round parts, but it's nice to get something with a stud to hold things still.
  • luckyrussluckyruss UKMember Posts: 872
    Round 2x2 jumpers? Like a reverse "polo" tile - a hollow stud would give some interesting "snot" capability with scope for structural support?
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734

Yes her invisible jet. The other two are in Detective's Office amongst other sets.

Do you know which colors they'll be available in? I see white and possibly dark stone gray in the DO.
    There's only white in detective's office. Haven't spotted any other colours yet, I suspect it's too soon.

There's only white in detective's office. Haven't spotted any other colours yet, I suspect it's too soon.

My mistake. I thought the fan in the office was made using one of these but I see now it's the inverted version with a jumper in a round tile with hole.
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,822

The white round jumper plates also come in #41093 for the planters in front — along with Silver Metallic 2x2 inverted domes! http://ipaper.ipapercms.dk/ViewFile177439.PNG
  • mountebankmountebank Member Posts: 1,237

You can use them for goalposts.
    LostInTranslation
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,038
    I fear Feb 1st will be a busy day for LRP. I already have a long list of bits I need.
    It wouldn't surprise me if the service is either very slow now, or completely shut down for a while....

http://www.hotukdeals.com/freebies/free-lego-replacement-parts-lego-2113309

• maniacmaniac Yorkshire, UKMember Posts: 795
    Not ideal as I want to buy pieces once it comes back up.
  • bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
    Oh no CCC once the hotukdeals people have got there hands on the service people will be claiming they have missing bricks just to get a couple of free lego bricks.
    Yeah, noticed that LEGO moved the Jan 5th date for being able to purchase parts (at least in the US) to the end of the month now.
    Andor
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    CCC said:

It wouldn't surprise me if the service is either very slow now, or completely shut down for a while....

Wow, what douches. I'm sure TLG has a way of dealing with people who try to abuse this service.
    margot said:

CCC said:

Wow, what douches. I'm sure TLG has a way of dealing with people who try to abuse this service.
    If I am not mistaken the OP in that thread does report it was if you are missing a part, and not wanting a part, but Im sure it goes south from there to those thinking this is a great way to get free parts. If so they are in for a rude surprise as I believe LEGO does in fact record those who need to request replacement parts due to broken/missing etc. So if you do abuse it they will stop you from getting more parts. If someone abuses the system and gets banned from using it again, then that is on them. Or LEGO may report that if you want the parts you will need to purchase them and will provide a cost to them. If they are licensed LEGO will not let you buy them either, so if you abuse this then your kid loses a helmet for a figure in a 150 dollar set, you are stuck using BL and will overpay. In any case I believe LEGO DOES monitor who they are sending replacement parts to.
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    edited January 2015
    The only problem of course, is what classes as abuse. I only ask as some people seem to always be missing parts from a lot of sets, more then the average.

As I have mentioned before I believe that a pretty high percentage of those who seem to be missing a part from a set, actually aren't. They have used it in the wrong step or lost it themselves IMO. These people aren't trying to scam of course but they may have a similar request pattern to someone trying to scam.

Buy I suppose most people who are going to abuse the system are more likely to request missing bags and minifigs and so I guess that if they do that a few times they'll show up on TLG's radar.

Any extra people trying to use the service is probably not a great thing either way as if it becomes too much, Lego could make it harder to request missing parts I.e. asking for more details including batch numbers. scans or the receipt and who knows what else.
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    There isn't any reason why they wouldn't monitor it. They are a business and they don't want to give away too much for free. The idea is of course that you bought the set and happened to need a replacement, so they already have your money. So it is a nice service to offer people.

The problem does happen where you end up missing a lot of pieces. I can understand the complaint that maybe the individual lost it themselves instead of it being missing from the package. I haven't found any random pieces laying around or in bags after I empty them, so I don't think I am in that camp, but anything is possible.

I do know, I have had to request a fair share of parts over the last few years and it was okay for a few times, then I had to start showing proof of purchase from receipts (which I don't always have). And a few times they have told me they are unable to replace any pieces. So I assume my account is locked and they must think I'm a scammer...yet, it's pointless to scam for broken 1x1 headlight bricks or cheese slopes..I have those aplenty. But I want the actual piece to avoid using my own stock because that defeats the purpose of buying a LEGO set. If I just wanted the pieces, I wouldn't buy official sets and would only shop bricklink.

So red flags definitely pop up to them, I just don't know all of the rhyme or reason to it.
  • JamesJTJamesJT Member Posts: 440
    edited January 2015
    Bricks and Pieces is back. I just spent a small fortune on those new technic parts.
    edited January 2015
    Was back about Monday in UK. Ordered some Masonry goodness (Sand Green and Dark Reds).
    Yup I placed a rather substantial order earlier too.
    Andor
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    @maniac - I can't find thjose masonry bricks in those colors. Where did you find them?
    Andor
    @wagnerml2‌ - the part number for the dark red is #6093908 (I ordered those too! UK based).
    wagnerml2 said:

@maniac - I can't find thjose masonry bricks in those colors. Where did you find them?

Or search one of the Pirates sets like #70410 and look through for Dk Red.
  • DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,079
    I've ordered a good handful of fleshie heads,do ya'll think this order will go through? They are pretty cheap (0.25€ e.) so i had to order :)
    Diggydoes said:

I've ordered a good handful of fleshie heads,do ya'll think this order will go through? They are pretty cheap (0.25€ e.) so i had to order :)

Only time will tell. Order changed from 'In Process' to 'In Warehouse' already for me. Gonna end up buying more when Elves is out and for a possible MOD.

Order placed Monday, delivered today!
    maniac
    ^ Wow. Hope mine turns up as quickly!
    It says In Warehouse already
    Yeah, have a list of stuff to buy.However, at least in the US, it seems like part prices have 'caught up' to the cost of those selling on BL. I have found in some instances BL is cheaper now.
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    Both sand green and dark red masonry bricks are oos in the US :(
  • Kevin_HyattKevin_Hyatt UKMember Posts: 778
    edited January 2015
    Thanks for the heads up guys. Order placed and paid for. Nice to be able to just order and pay now instead of ordering then getting email then calling to pay.

BTW, what are apollos?

BTW, what are apollos?

1x1 round plates with a hole.
    Kevin_Hyatt
  • bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    edited January 2015

... what are apollos?

What they are is most likely a mishearing of the words 'a Polo', which has then propagated through the community. A 'Polo' is a round mint with a hole in the middle, a bit like the US's 'LifeSaver' candies, but smaller. 'Apollo' bricks look just like small 'Polo' mints.
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=polo+mint&safe=off&espv=2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X
    Kevin_Hyatt
  • Kevin_HyattKevin_Hyatt UKMember Posts: 778
  • ChrisHallbeckChrisHallbeck Member Posts: 11
    I think Tim Johnson at newelementary.com accidentally coined the term apollo stud when he misheard someone say "A hollow stud".
    AndorAanchir
  • DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,079
    Ok let me ask the other way around,was anyone able to ever order minifig parts that seemed to be "licensed",like flesh heads,star wars helmets,sw torsos and stuff?
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,485
    I just went on there to look at the prices of the Minecraft animal heads. £2.38 each! :open_mouth: Looks like I'll be waiting for the prices to come down on Bricklink - if they ever do...
    ^^I have always been sent a message saying these items are not allowed to be sold due to licensing... but that was the old system. I haven't tried on the new system.

Since I only buy licensed sets, I'd love to be able to buy only licensed items.
    wagnerml2 said:

Nor surprised. But those being out oos does not mean they had them to purchase to begin with. I think new parts are often not available not just because of people buying parts, but because the sets are so new those parts are not available due to the needs of sets.
    Andor
    ^Could very well be a combination. Sometimes random pieces will be out of stock. Since this is a replacement parts section, they probably do allocate certain pieces to their "bulk" bins and a certain amount to their set lines. But sometimes it will be random, not necessarily sought after pieces, like a 1x1 plate in light bley.

Now a new piece or old piece/new color it would make sense it would sell out quickly, if it were available right at the start. I think i'm just rambling here because I don't want to work...:P

Check again in a few weeks/1 month and I bet they would be back in stock. That seems to happen with most pieces. I placed an order in December before it went down for maintenance/inventory and a few weeks later it was cancelled. I did it again recently (buying different pieces of course because I don't remember what I wanted to order originally) and pretty much all were available, plus newer pieces that weren't available at that time.
    edited January 2015
    wagnerml2 said:

Sand green are back in stock at UK, dark red are still oos though. 19p each though.

The big German BL sellers have got large stocks already, so we will probably see the price come down at some stage.
    Mines still 'In Warehouse' from Wednesday. Hope the Dk Red Masonry bricks don't get omitted from the order...