Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO's Replacement Parts Site

Comments

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,383
    edited January 2014
    Interesting.. Wonder why no Torsos.. Did they say all are just on back order, or that they can no longer be ordered via the site? I wonder if people are buying too many for production sets and it is somehow affecting them being able to complete sets for production OR if they are doing this to force people to buy sets for the figures? Which I can kinda see. It makes sense for them to get people to buy the whole set. Plus for spare figures for your MOCs or layout you can go to PaB online or BaM in the stores.
    Still a bit disappointing though
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,876
    ^But wouldn't they also remove legs and heads too if that were the case?

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,945
    If you can't get torsos, then probably most won't bother buying heads and legs. Just to have to go elsewhere for torsos.

I doubt they were competing for production, but maybe for set sales. I wanted 50 of each faction and it made sense for me to purchase just torsos direct as I already have enough plain legs and heads and helmets. Will I buy sets to get that many? Simple answer - no.
    edited January 2014
    prevere said:

^But wouldn't they also remove legs and heads too if that were the case?

As silly as it sounds they are probably only removing the biggest piece that is needed for the figures to be completed and that many times are specific to that set, the torsos. Again it all speculation, it could just be that they are again still updating their systems and right now torsos are just not available for sale.
    I have not called to ask so I do not know what LEGO is saying if someone asks for a torso (if they are not available for sale or if they are saying something else)
    But I know back in the day I ordered a few of each fig for the 10193 and got a response reporting it would be better if I bought the set to get the figures. So I'm not surprised by this.
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,359
    Anyone received their Bricks and Pieces orders in the UK yet? I have an order I placed on the 15th, over 10 working days ago (their maximum time they quote for delivery of parts) but there's still no sign of it. Is it worth giving LEGO CS a call about it or should I just wait until February and see if it turns up?
    I dunno about UK but in the US there is a lot of bad weather affecting transportation and likely the postal mail. I usually give it 14 business days before I start to worry, but that is just me.
  • IronsightsIronsights UKMember Posts: 33
    @TheOneVeyronian - I placed two orders that day too, and they are still listed as 'In Process'! I'll probably ring and ask this weekend. Hope nothing has gone wrong, as my last order arrived in 7 working days... I'm hoping they're just backlogged and I can still get what I ordered :/
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,841
    They are probably just snowed under with extrordinary demand created by being offline with the service for a while. I generally have to wait about 5 working days for mine in the UK (last ordered when I was bricklinking my #10179.
    Also I dunno how well LEGO CS is noting this, but my order was placed online I paid for it, but it took another week for me to get the notification that it was sent. Apparently LEGO will hold up orders if there are parts on back order that need to get back in before the send out the order, which may also delay orders that are paid for and are waiting to be sent out.
  • IronsightsIronsights UKMember Posts: 33
    Got an email yesterday morning saying mine are in the post! *relieved sigh*
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,359
    What's weird about mine as I had a shipping notification for my Bricks and Pieces order yesterday (31st January).

I actually received the exact same order the shipping notification was for with my normal post... the day before the shipping notification was sent (30th January).

If there ever was a "Delayed Notification in Shipping awards", this would be strong contender for top spot! :-)
    I have a better one. I got the notification only on Monday reporting my order was finally shipping and it arrive on Friday.
    Oh well, as long as I get my orders and they are complete I am happy.
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,036
    I found I've had VIP points added to my account today for a small LRP order just done. Never had these before, only when I've used the PAB on the main site have they been given. Hopefully they're here to stay as I have a large order to do shortly.

Can anyone else confirm they have had points given with LRP recently?

My order was placed on the 1st April (no this isn't a joke) and was shipped on the 12th.
    edited June 2014
    Sorry for resurrecting an old topic, but with a lot of inventories for the June releases updated on the Bricks and Pieces site, I can't help but notice that almost all of the new non-licensed elements and recolours (not counting those that normally get a separate bag in sets) are out of stock (take most of the colours of new mould 16770 as a random example. Only trans-orange is apparently in stock). Is this actually normal for them to be out of stock of loads of new parts on the day of inventory release, and how long will it be before they will all be in stock, if ever? (I don't recall this happening at the last winter release though). Just looking for some insight into why this might be the case, that's all :-)
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,473
    No idea, but I'd take a guess that they need all the new parts for the new sets at the moment. I'd imagine that in a month or two they'll have produced enough for them not to be out of stock.
    madforLEGO

No idea, but I'd take a guess that they need all the new parts for the new sets at the moment. I'd imagine that in a month or two they'll have produced enough for them not to be out of stock.

This, either sets need the parts, or there are those that pounce on them and order as much as they can (Im guessing more the 'former' than 'latter') though Parts ordering process is getting a bit sloppy IMO. For the first time, i have had an order lost (Was 30 days and no order received) , or never sent out to begin with. They are sending out another, but again it has been over 7 days and no order. I'm hoping I get it before 14 business days or I may have to call and report I did not get it again. I wish LEGO would put tracking numbers on these or something.
    ^ and ^^ That would make sense, I'd forgotten that the same warehouse applies to both set packing and Bricks and Pieces, though I did also think that the out of stock thing was to stop opportunists trying to make a quick buck on parts while they were still new and fresh (I should point out that I don't fall into this category, I need some of the new parts for some set mods and MOC's I have in mind). I did also think maybe becuase it's Sunday, but I don't think that's the case. I think they should show up in the next couple of weeks, but as I said, it's quite strange. But I guess only LEGO knows for absolute certain...

And about the parts ordering process, and even the process in general, I agree that it's getting a bit sloppy. A couple of months ago I received an order which had missed out a complete lot - the highest quantity lot in the order, not any of the lots with quantity of 1 - so I had to ring them, and they sent out a new batch. That new order never showed up in my order activity because the person on the phone didn't even apply it to my account, but created a new temporary account.
    Their accounts system is awful. If you supply a slightly different address or they spell it slightly wrong, or have a space in your phone number, they set up a new account rather than use the existing one even though the email address is the same. Apparently I have seven accounts with them, all with the same email address.

One has "Ave" in my address, one "Avenue", one has a space between the dialling code and the phone number, one doesn't, one has my full name, one has an initial, etc. Yet all of these accounts have the same email address.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited August 2014
    A question for those who've used Bricks N Pieces (UK) for purchasing extra parts:

(Assuming they OK the parts), do they add your selection to any existing [email protected] orders placed (thinking in regard to postage costs), or do bricksnpieces selections always require an additional/separate delivery charge?

If so, anybody know what (UK) delivery costs are?
  • patrickbranspatrickbrans Member Posts: 21
    legomatt said:

A question for those who've used Bricks N Pieces (UK) for purchasing extra parts:

(Assuming they OK the parts), do they add your selection to any existing [email protected] orders placed (thinking in regard to postage costs), or do bricksnpieces selections always require an additional/separate delivery charge?

Pretty sure it comes from a different storage facility and will therefore be sent as a separate package.
    legomatt said:

UK delivery for Bricks&Pieces is 2 GBP (or so it says in the terms and conditions)
    legomatt
    legomatt said:

They are completely separate. You don't get and cannot spend VIP points on them either.

I placed an order last week with them, postage was £2 no matter what the size of order.
    legomatt
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,147
    @legomatt‌ Orders show up in your [email protected] account area though they don't attract VIP points. I'm not sure how quickly though, noticed mine well after the fact.
    legomatt
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    Cheers for the info @patrickbrans @CCC @Lego_Star
  • AndorAndor United StatesMember Posts: 252
    edited August 2014
    Anybody know what the postage in the U. S. would be?
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 659
    $2.95 for the U.S.
    AndormadforLEGO
    Thank's @GIR3691‌
    I ordered a few parts last night on LRP, not many, 6 lots, making 67 bricks in total.

Instead of going through the usual procedure of taking me through the email form and the end, then getting an email some random time later and having to call CS to verify the items and pay for it, I was surprised to go through a totally automated checkout procedure (about time). I paid for it onine and within 10 minutes received an email to tell me one of the items wasn't in stock currently (so they still haven't quite got their live stocks right just yet), but it was a much happier experience all round to avoid phone calls.

I don't know if it was automated as it was a small order, or didn't need a manual review because....

....the interesting thing was you now have to agree to a set of terms and conditions. One of them was that parts cannot be bought by *entrepreneurs*, so bulk buyers for Bricklink could soon be having a hard time getting rare parts and cleaning them out.

Obviously *entrepreneurs* will continue to do so, but they run the risk of having their order stopped. And I guess in time, be banned from using LRP.

I know there's always a way that people will find ways around things.

I did a very big order just a couple of weeks before, to finish my UCSMF, and this system wasn't in place then.

Anyone else had this experience yet?
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    ^ this is perfect. and honestly, those using the system for bulk purchases for resale should be banned.
    AndorBrickDancermadforLEGOTXLegoguyPhonebooth
    dougts said:

^ this is perfect. and honestly, those using the system for bulk purchases for resale should be banned.

It will be interesting to see eBay sellers with huge amount of parts start drying up. But I guess the question is how much is LEGO really cracking down on these orders? Are they doing it by order, by history, by numbers in the order, etc etc.
    Also, did you do this via replacement parts, or buy a part? They really are two different things, at least here in the US.
    ^ This was using the Lego Replacement Parts Service, not the public facing PAB on the shop website.

edited October 2014
    No, I understand buy a part is different than PaB, but there is replacement parts, and wanting to 'buy a part', not really the same thing, but I checked and noticed that the buy a piece section now lists costs to parts now and the site is updated.
    That is neat that you no longer have to get someone on the phone to pay for your order.
    Just hope that in me buying parts for myself I do not look like someone trying to sell them, but most of the stuff I buy is brick and windows and what not anyway.
    ^Sorry, misunderstood you. Yes I was using the "I want to buy a part" option.
  • canon03canon03 USAMember Posts: 323
    This is great news, and as others have said...about time. So much time was wasted submitting bogus orders just to do a price check.
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    This is for US also? I know in Europe they have had it this way for a while per my reading in other forums. But US always was annoying to go through the phone order. I will make many new orders in the future then.
    Andor
    Sethro3 said:

This is for US also? I know in Europe they have had it this way for a while per my reading in other forums. But US always was annoying to go through the phone order. I will make many new orders in the future then.

Im in the US, site has changed to have prices now.
    Andor
  • scottwb2010scottwb2010 ScotlandMember Posts: 237
    That's good to see that you no longer have to call to confirm and pay your order. I made a sizeable order about 4 weeks ago, many parts orange from the City Artic theme to make a larger base camp scene and managed to get all that I ordered, but still had to phone them to confirm and pay, so the total online method must be very new!

No, I understand buy a part is different than PaB, but there is replacement parts, and wanting to 'buy a part', not really the same thing, but I checked and noticed that the buy a piece section now lists costs to parts now and the site is updated.
    That is neat that you no longer have to get someone on the phone to pay for your order.
    Just hope that in me buying parts for myself I do not look like someone trying to sell them, but most of the stuff I buy is brick and windows and what not anyway.

Does this mean whether your buying parts or getting actual replacement parts you don't have to use the phone to confirm and pay for your order?
    ^That's what happened to me yes - on the UK site anyways. The irony is I'll still have to call them to find out how long it'll be before the out of stock parts I want are back in stock again.
    Andor
    edited October 2014
    Thank you @iso3200‌. Guess I'll find out if its the same on the US site.
    Andor said:

Does this mean whether your buying parts or getting actual replacement parts you don't have to use the phone to confirm and pay for your order?
    Looks to be that way on the US site, just was not about to 'test' it with buying 2 parts or something as i have an order I want to do, but just do not have the time to do it.
    Andor
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 910
    I've used the UK one a number of times. The items were sent within a week of ordering. They phoned me to take payment and to also say some items were out of stock, so these were removed from my order. They can look up on their system if there will be another run of producing bricks or if there's no chance. It's an excellent service.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,876
    Sometimes orders might look like bulk

That's good to see that you no longer have to call to confirm and pay your order. I made a sizeable order about 4 weeks ago, many parts orange from the City Artic theme to make a larger base camp scene and managed to get all that I ordered, but still had to phone them to confirm and pay, so the total online method must be very new!

That will be nice. Often times when I'm paying for an order (maybe 100 parts or so for my city buildings and rare parts to complete sets), I feel like I'm being interrogated about the usage from the rep.
    Andor
  • youpunkyoupunk Member Posts: 11
    Be sure to check the prices on the items in you order when you receive confirmation email and compare them to prices on the website. I noticed that in my confirmation email the final prices for some items were higher than on the website.
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 500
    I received a BAP order in October. I love the new online pricing in the U.S. (I'm in Miami).

Outside of the basic bricks I needed, I was able to get green space bodies from the exo-suit set and also the printed plate from the Research Institute. I'm building up a classic (I mean pre-1985 classic) space-themed area on my office shelves, but I also want to piece together the RI for a friend of mine (since I haven't been able to buy one outside of Bricklink).

I can say this, all ordered parts were sent. All prices on invoice matched prices listed on web page. I did notice, though, that the prices of some pieces do change with supply and demand. One piece I ordered is 4 cents less today than when I ordered 3 weeks ago. Also, some parts are now out of supply on the site from when I ordered (as should be expected).

just thought I'd share my own experience and knowledge from my recent use of BAP.
    Andor
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    edited October 2014
    I did my first B&P order back on the 16th October and it has now shipped. After reading of others experience with B&P I was expecting the slow process, paying shipping and having to complete the order over the phone.

The changes I noticed were:

My order went to my standard [email protected] cart. So no need for the process listed above,

Free shipping - As long as I had something else in my cart (CMF will do) and as my total order was over the free shipping threshold I got free postage ( I was also expecting the standard $15 postage change we get in Australia). Only having the B&P order in your cart, even though it was over $200, the $15 postage charge applied.

VIP points earned - I got VIP points for my order (Not double points though), after my order shipped I checked my VIP status and I had this listed.

Order Date Order Number Product Description Points Earned Points Redeemed
    23/10/2014 YXXXXXXXXX FLAT TILE 1X4 7  -
    23/10/2014 YXXXXXXXXX PLATE 1X2 W. 1 KNOB - 0
    23/10/2014 YXXXXXXXXX MINI HEAD 4  -
    23/10/2014 YXXXXXXXXX MINI HEAD 3  -
    23/10/2014 YXXXXXXXXX FLAT TILE 2X2 6  -
    23/10/2014 YXXXXXXXXX TECHNIC BRICK 1X10 Ø4.9 15  -
    23/10/2014 YXXXXXXXXX FINAL BRICK 2X2 1  -
    23/10/2014 YXXXXXXXXX BRICK 1X1 W. 2 KNOBS 6  -
    23/10/2014 YXXXXXXXXX PLATE 1X8 WITH RAIL 8  -
    23/10/2014 YXXXXXXXXX PLATE 1X2 WITH SLIDE 8  -
    23/10/2014 YXXXXXXXXX BRICK 1X2X2 8  -
    23/10/2014 YXXXXXXXXX PARABOLA 6X6 22  -
    23/10/2014 YXXXXXXXXX BASE PLATE 16X32 20  -

So over all, I am very happy with the experience especially as I was not expecting a bunch of the above mentioned things.

Andor
    In UK:

My order went to [email protected] cart.

B&P spend did not count towards the promo, or towards shipping threshold (I tried adding a few CMFs to get to £50). It also said 0 VIP points at the time of checkout.

I got VIP points after the event, as above.
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    ^mine didn't count towards the Promo set either, I had to have $100 of other things to get that.
    Anyone else noticing that 'Buy a Piece' is gone, only buy from Pick a brick (at least in the US). Not too concerned as this occurred last year as well. Thought it was due to CS, but since you can buy almost everything online now my guess is LEGO wants to save as many parts as they can to ensure they can produce sets.
    Andor
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,822

Anyone else noticing that 'Buy a Piece' is gone, only buy from Pick a brick (at least in the US). Not too concerned as this occurred last year as well. Thought it was due to CS, but since you can buy almost everything online now my guess is LEGO wants to save as many parts as they can to ensure they can produce sets.

It could be that they want to cut down on the amount of people ordering through customer service during the holiday season so their staff can focus on people who actually need parts replaced.
    Andorbeemo
    It says this on the landing page when you enter...

"Bricks & Pieces purchases won't be available from 13th December until the end of January."