Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO's Replacement Parts Site

Comments

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,433
    edited September 2013
    I know that rubber bands through LEGO parts were obnoxiously expensive.
    You can try legoeducation.com ( I think their actually retail site is legoeducation.us, or your country code) and I think they are pricey but you get a bunch of them, and I believe they have different types/colors as well
    chromedigi
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    dimefield said:

Built #8001 Battle Droid out of a tub of used Lego I picked up but all the elastics are missing. I tried looking through both PaB and the parts replacement but couldn't find Rubber bands. Does anyone know if they are available from Lego? I have looked at Bricklink, new looks expensive and used Rubber bands.. I don't think would be a good idea. Or has anyone had any luck with store bought ones?

Bricks and Pieces shows them as out of stock... maybe phone customer service to see when they will be back? Although with the backup of their system you might be on hold a long time.

• margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    edited September 2013
    I wonder whether there is a size of orthodontic elastics that would make a good replacement? Anyone have a kid in braces? (or wear braces yourself)
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,391
    Ask is the Marketplace as well. I have a ton of extra rubber bands that came with my sets.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,391
    margot said:

I wonder whether there is a size of orthodontic elastics that would make a good replacement? Anyone have a kid in braces? (or wear braces yourself)

We use them as hair ties for my daughters Strawberry Shortcake and My Little Pony Dolls.
  • timinchicagotiminchicago USAMember Posts: 239
    I used Bricks and Pieces about 6 months ago to help with my #10181 Eiffel Tower project. The LEGO operator enthusiastically helped go through each specific part I needed (totaling over 1,000 pieces) and mentioned that she had helped several customers recreate 10181 recently.

As pointed out above there was a 200 piece limit per part that was enforced (10181 requires 250+ fences) but all in all a great service and the LEGO representatives attitude made it clear that I was using the Bricks and Pieces service as intended.
    dougtsChang405caperberrychromedigimurphquake
  • dimefielddimefield Edmonton Alberta CanadaMember Posts: 314
    Thanks for all the rubber band responses... Going to try a hobby shop on the way home today.
  • ACWWGal2011ACWWGal2011 Member Posts: 534

I thought that was a little ludicrous giving that there are 4 other variations (I know Brickset only shows 1 other, black) and they're all from non-licensed sets. That really is overkill imo. Is it just the fact that the part is involved in making Green Lantern's weapon?

Anyone else had problems buying this or similar parts through Bricks and Pieces you wouldn't have guessed are restricted by licence? I'd like to know :-)

Yeah, I understand with minifigs and licensed printed parts, but that? Really? I ordered Captain America's shin guards in red (only appears in that set) with no hassle!
    I recently called for part price checks and the short black legs like bytar has was showing up as licensed theme and there could be issues with getting it.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,020
    prof1515 said:

2. As Lego is clearly not interested in this service being (ab)used as it is (as noted above, if they wanted it used for such purposes they wouldn't maintain and promote Pick-A-Brick and would place it in a visible and easily-located location), raising the prices would be both advantageous toward their bottom line and dissuade some from (ab)using the service.

I don't know how they would do that in the EU. Have two prices, a smaller one for small orders and a higher one for large orders? They would not be allowed to display only the lower price and charge a higher one for larger orders. As shipping is reasonable (£2 for any order), I'd just order multiple small orders but many of them. Meaning more work for lego with little extra income for them.

It wouldn't dissuade me from placing orders. I'd actually place more orders splitting up larger ones, spreading the parts out over orders.

They would need to state what the limits are for every single piece. Given that they cannot even decide which parts are licensed or not, deciding on limits is going to be a long and costly business.
  • ACWWGal2011ACWWGal2011 Member Posts: 534
    I think when the did the computer upgrade, there was a programming error:

About a week ago, I did 2 B&P things to do a price check on the orange space helmet and the plain blue torso from small cottage. On Saturday, I get a note that an item is being sent for FREE with a second letter this morning with the same thing. O_O

I decided to email them last night and this is the response:
    Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I’m really sorry to hear you’re unhappy with the e-mails you have received. The parts you have requested (helmet and mini upper part) have actually been shipped out for free.

It’s good that you took the time to let us know things weren’t right. Comments like yours will help us get better and better at what we do, and our management team will follow up on the issues you raised.

Thanks again for getting in touch. We're always pleased to receive feedback from LEGO fans! If you could take a moment to complete a four question survey by going to the link below, it will help us make sure we are providing the best customer service to you.
    Oh well, can't complain. I love the torso and wanted to get another orange helmet anyway.
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,359
    ^ That situation where they send the pieces for free isn't recent: it's happened to me about 5 times this year on 5 consecutive BnP orders. What I found is that they do tend to ship small orders free of charge, and always saw it as goodwill.

On another note, I did another BnP order this afternoon, and I noticed this comment on the order confirmation page (that I've never seen before), which read:

We've sent a confirmation email your way. You should have it in your inbox in a few minutes. Our email won't contain a list of parts you've ordered (we're working on that), so feel free to print this summary for your records.

Appears they're working on including a list of the parts you ordered in the confirmation email - that will be very useful indeed! The amount of times I've forgotten what parts I ordered and didn't print out the summary is frequent. I'm glad they're finally implementing this feature :-)

Not to mention it's more eco-friendly than printing your request on paper :-)
    edited September 2013
    ^-They have been doing confirmation emails for a while now actually.
    The problem I seem to be running into is that they are always busy on the weekends after they implemented their new system, so I cannot pay for my part orders, so this weekend I have to pay for it or it goes bye bye.
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,485
    I didn't even realise they were open at weekends...
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 748
    According to the e-mail I got from them last Friday, they're not open on w/e in the UK.
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,359
    ^^^ No, I was talking about how they're working on putting a list of parts you ordered into their automated confirmation emails (which, to be honest, should have been implemented from the word go). The confirmation emails themselves of course have been happening for a long while ;-)

^ They're not open in the UK on weekends (or at least the phone lines are shut), but how weird is it that my order total confirmation (not the automated one, the one with the price and instructions to pay) always seems to come through either on Sunday or at 3am in the morning! Weird, huh? ;-) (unless all emails are automated, but I don't think the one with your grand total is) :-)
    They aren't open at the weekend but I once got a call from them at about 8.30pm on a Saturday about an order. I emailed asking them to call me as I had not been able to get through and they did. I think it might have been someone working from home as I could hear Ant and Dec in the background.

^^^ No, I was talking about how they're working on putting a list of parts you ordered into their automated confirmation emails (which, to be honest, should have been implemented from the word go). The confirmation emails themselves of course have been happening for a long while ;-)

^ They're not open in the UK on weekends (or at least the phone lines are shut), but how weird is it that my order total confirmation (not the automated one, the one with the price and instructions to pay) always seems to come through either on Sunday or at 3am in the morning! Weird, huh? ;-) (unless all emails are automated, but I don't think the one with your grand total is) :-)

Sorry, they are open in the US on Weekends (unless this recently changed).

As for the parts being listed, they always had that ability as I have received such emails with the parts list, but only intermittently. It always has been hit or miss in getting that list for me when I would get the initial or follow up email with the total cost.

• YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    So is everyone plugging in the part id's or finding them by set? I'm just curious if people know what they want first or if they just browse. Is the right methodology to hit BL then PAB then BNP when searching for something specific?
    If I see a part I want I will check BL for the set number, then check for the set inventory in the buy a piece section, but that is just me.
    I rarely have the part number handy
    cheshirecat
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    ^ me too, although I have recently also used the brickset set inventory --> parts list to get the piece id and then plugged that into b&p. It would be good if I could link directly from a brickset part page to b&p.
    Just now, I finalised another order with them after speaking to a very nice lady (Maria) (but first time I've ever been put on hold!). So I asked about a part in a particular colour that was marked "available", but turns out it was bound to license. Yup, one of those not-obvious-it's-licensed part/colour combinations again! I understand how frustrating this is for AFOL's and these just aren't flagged when you're putting them in, so for the first time in my life, I suggested this to them and she said she'd pass on the comment:

"Make it clear which parts are licensed and thus unavailable for purchase when adding pieces to the bag"

Just figured that it might save a lot of faff with the disappointment that comes with "unobvious licensed part issues". Don't know if anyone else here has flagged the same issue with them (I remember some Bricksetters having problems with ordering gothic arches because of this), but it felt good to get it off my chest to them.

It can be something as simple as a button saying "unavailable to buy" instead of "add to bag" or something like that :-)
    edited September 2013
    If they are unavailable to buy, then they need not show them when you are purchasing. Surely they can have a simple "buy" flag for each item, 1 if it can be bought, 0 otherwise. That way, they can show all pieces in "my part was missing" and just parts for sale in "I want to buy a part".

It would save them time with un-placed orders, from buyers trying to work out what is for sale and what isn't.
    ^ Yep, I totally agree with that. Would save the feeling of disappointment for both kid and AFOL if they made it clear what you could and couldn't buy from the word go, but at the same time make those licensed pieces requestable under 'missing/broken parts'.

But kinda made me laugh I couldn't buy Hulk's hands (the lime constraction ones, but The Hulk isn't even lime green he's bright green! Sorry, little discrepancy there) but I could buy Captain America's shin guards (they let me buy 6 of those once, it's a part that is rare in red) :-)

To be honest, they could have got more of my money if all my time wasn't spent working out what parts might be licensed (some of them are really hard to spot!)

Oh well, TLG's loss, my money's now going to someone in Portugal who has Hulk's hands instead :-)
    chromedigi
    edited September 2013
    I have recently got a completely useless message from them ...

I've checked the prices of the parts you asked for. I'm afraid that all the licensed
    parts had to be removed from your order due to strict licensing agreements.
    The total amount for the rest of the order is £ 61.33 and includes VAT and a flat
    rate shipping and handling fee of £2. We’ll keep your order open for 2 weeks so you
    have plenty of time to make up your mind.

They do not tell me which parts are licensed. Yet if I tally up the genuinely non-licensed ones, it comes to £ 40.32. So there is £20 odd of licensed parts getting through that they think are non-licensed. Yet I don't know which...

So time for another four smaller orders to see if I can work out which licensed parts are licensed and which are not licensed.
    ^ I totally agree, they need to tell you exactly what parts got removed from the order as I had that same message on a order I placed 9 months ago. I think I remember Lego were working on a way to include an invoice that included a list of parts in the order received email. If they also did an updated invoice by the time they gave you the total cost, that would allow one to gauge exactly what parts were removed.

Just my suggestion, but by all means you should bring it up with the guy or girl on the phone who's confirming your order and they should pass it on, and then Lego themselves could even do something about it ;-)
  • XefanXefan Member Posts: 1,149
    Can't you just e-mail them to that effect and ask which licensed parts aren't included or are you worried they'll realise the others are licensed and yank them out your order too?

I'd be inclined to order the lot anyway and fill in the gaps using Bricklink, isn't that the easiest solution?
    edited September 2013
    ^ They do normally tell you which parts are not included. The problem is this is not a complete order, it's all part of the cat-and-mouse game they seem to want you to play. To do a large order, you have to place a number of orders to work out which of the ones they say you can buy you can actually buy, before placing a final order.

Bricklink is not always useful for newish parts as they are thin on the ground if you want a large quantity, often priced more than lego, and need to come from lots of orders, hence lots of P&P to pay.

Add to that that I will change the design if I cannot get the parts I want cheaply enough, then half the original order becomes unnecessary.
    Ah, fair enough :) I've never actually tried using their online parts services yet.
  • jdylakjdylak Member Posts: 281
    So placed an order on the 10th and called in and paid for it. It is now the 28th and nothing has shown up. I called on the 12th and there was a "hold" on my order. The person had no idea why so he cleared it to send. On the 10th, the money was charged to my credit card. On the 13th, I received an email stating it had "shipped". I have not received anything nor is the any kind of tracking to the order number, which doesn't exist on the automated phone service. Two days ago, I was charged again for the pieces and received another email saying the pieces shipped. I called and was told I was only charged once and my pieces went out three days ago. I told tem I was charged how many days ago and was told "that's not possible, you were just charged yesterday. There is no way we would charge you twice". I said I have the emails from my credit card and was told "Again, that's not possible as we just shipped them to you and we don't charge until they ship. You will get your pieces in 7 to 10 business days." and was disconnected. I just stood there with the phone in shock to how rude the person was. I called back and after waiting 10 minutes to get thru, got the same guy. Only reason I ordered these parts as it would hae taken like 20 diff orders on Bricklink to get them or pay about the same I did to Lego from someone overseas. I figured why not Lego. Never again. Now I have to figure out who to contact to get my first $30 back and wait longer now to see if anything ever shows up.
    edited September 2013
    Email them. Set everything out clearly, include the guy's name if you know it, attach the email statements if you can, include dates of everything, and tell them all about it.

It might take them a few days to a week to look into it, but they'll deal with it, and you might even get something extra for your trouble.
    And if they still deny ever charging you twice just file a dispute with your credit card company and let them deal with it.
    edited September 2013
    The failure to send after charge is inexcusable if that is what occurred here (and charging you twice is outrageous) but again you have an invoice number. Call LEGO and bug them every day. Now this is also assuming you are not in one the regions LEGO reports will take an extra 2-3 weeks (on top of the standard time) to get the parts sent to you. So do not be surprised if you get two parts orders appearing at your door stop, OR someone is stealing the packages.
    But if they really did ship on 13 of sept and it take 2-3 weeks to get to you (and I never include weekends, or at least sundays, for delivery times, I do not buy the whole 7-10 days if LEGO says this, and I had never heard them say that before, usually it is 7-14), I would not be surprised if you get not one but two parts orders arriving and one either today or early next week, then another due to the other snafu, but LEGO will not accept returns for these orders, so you may still get these parts.
    In other words, do not take the 7-14 days as absolute here.

But if they still do not show up, do not be afraid when calling to ask for a manager.. again this is debatable as to if you actually get one, or just get another person saying they are, but if they double charged you go up the totem pole until someone listens.. if they say we cannot help, ask for a supervisor, if that person says that they cannot help, ask for another.Otherwise find the corporate number for LEGO. I mean charging you for something you did not get I believe is against the law in most countries.
    CCC said:

^ They do normally tell you which parts are not included. The problem is this is not a complete order, it's all part of the cat-and-mouse game they seem to want you to play. To do a large order, you have to place a number of orders to work out which of the ones they say you can buy you can actually buy, before placing a final order.

Bricklink is not always useful for newish parts as they are thin on the ground if you want a large quantity, often priced more than lego, and need to come from lots of orders, hence lots of P&P to pay.

Add to that that I will change the design if I cannot get the parts I want cheaply enough, then half the original order becomes unnecessary.

If they are not telling you the licensed parts, you can always ask them when you pay for your order.
    I think the issue really is that the more people realize this is out there and use it, the less guaranteed service you are going to get unless LEGO beefs up a system, which other have notes, is not PaB and therefore I dunno how many resources they are going to pump into this.
    That and I have found that it is all in the eye of the beholder at LEGO. I think some people at LEGO genuinely have sour grapes about this and refuse to provide quotes. OR as they note on their site, they are just that busy due to the new system they have now, and do not have time to be specific anymore (especially if you had a ton of licensed parts listed). I think again it depends on the worker processing the order, I have usually had order confirmation reporting at least the part number, but that was it.

But all in all I'd rather be able to use this system than have to go the BL route as most sellers charge dearly for large quantities of new parts (with a very few exceptions)
  • cmrt1014cmrt1014 Member Posts: 396
    For another data point: I'm in the US, West coast, and have one order delivered, and one in process, both in September.

The first one, I received immediate (2-3 minute?) email acknowledging the order and a total amount quote. (Note, no licensed parts). And 8 minutes after that, a "Thank you for your order" email, itemizing the parts I had ordered (Design Id, Qty, Total cost). By best estimates, it arrived 7 days later (I ordered on a Sunday, paid on Monday (a holiday in the US, no less), received shipping notice on Tuesday, package on following Monday).

The second order, well, not so smoothly. I have not received an acknowledgment, or Thank you email. I did receive an Order Status update email (one part is on back order), and a shipping notice. This order was completed over the phone. As I was not receiving order emails, I called to see what was going on. With the order number, I am able to track the order, and see unit/total price per part. As long as I'm NOT logged in with my ID.

For this second order, I tried 3 different emails (two different servers), to no avail. I do get the shop/vip emails just fine, so I don't think it's a server issue. Might it be their new order system?
    Second order arrived today - as expected based on prior September order.
    Minor correction - it actually arrived on Saturday! Ahead of schedule.
  • DJ_Pon3DJ_Pon3 Member Posts: 93
    Used Lego replacement service, all I wanted was a grey 4x8 plate and a CMF stand, they sent me the plate... And I got a sealed series 3 CMF, the rapper which totally surprised me.
    murphquake
    ^ As the CMF stand is only available in CMF sets, the VIP CMF set and the promotional BR polybag, it is officially a CMF part which they do not have stocks of. Which is why they have to send whole (but blind) CMFs if you request a CMF missing part, even a specific part you will get a random bag.
    It's really annoying. I got a grandpa without his paper and was basically told "tough luck".
    Xefan said:

It's really annoying. I got a grandpa without his paper and was basically told "tough luck".

Yep. Quite why they cannot identify them in-house or even open them and identify them, I don't know.

I had a sleepyhead with a dodgy print on the face, and they couldn't replace it so I got a random one too.

• cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    I had a gladiator with no legs - think they just sent me another random one from that series too.
    edited October 2013

I had a gladiator with no legs ...

He must have met one of mine before being packaged. Mine always fight to the death.

Yellowcastle
    I'm assuming Lego's legendary quality control with regards to avoiding missing parts just doesn't apply to CMFs?
    I guess two problems are that they are very light sets and also different weights. Whereas even small sets have a consistent weight for every copy of that set.
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,038
    Does anyone know if when using the RP service the over £50 spend would still qualify to get the freebie of the month? I need to do a big order but might wait to get the seasonal set after the 14th if that is the case.
    I've never asked, but I very much doubt it; it doesn't get you VIP points. It's the 'customer service' side, rather than the 'shop' side.
    No it doesn't. It is completely separate from [email protected]
  • DJ_Pon3DJ_Pon3 Member Posts: 93
    CCC said:

^ As the CMF stand is only available in CMF sets, the VIP CMF set and the promotional BR polybag, it is officially a CMF part which they do not have stocks of. Which is why they have to send whole (but blind) CMFs if you request a CMF missing part, even a specific part you will get a random bag.

Hmm maybe ill try that again, might get another decent fig
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,038
    CCC said:

Oh well. It was worth a go...
    iso3200 said:

CCC said:

Oh well. It was worth a go...
    Yeah, I usually just ask "Do you want my VIP card number to track my orders or anything else?" and the answer is always no.