Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO's Replacement Parts Site

18910111214»

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,442
    I wonder if they manually count the B+P or use a scale. My last order had only five different parts, but there was 200 of each. I didn't bother counting on receipt.

• ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 636
    My August 30th B&P order shipped!
  • 7BS7BS CaliforniaMember Posts: 50
    CCC said:
    I wonder if they manually count the B+P or use a scale. My last order had only five different parts, but there was 200 of each. I didn't bother counting on receipt.

In my experience, they intentionally include exactly 2 extra pieces for lots of over about 75 or 100 pieces, which would seem to indicate that they do use scales for larger quantities.
    560Heliportsid3windr
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 505
    Something I'd like to understand is why do they provide tracking for PaB orders but not BnPs?
    I went ahead and counted one batch. Exactly 200 Nexo Knights pentagonal shields. They are not that heavy at about 0.6g but presumably this is enough to be accurate when counting by scale.
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 831
    stlux said:
    omnium said:
    And shipping times are usually much quicker.

I vaguely remember someone from an Inside Tour, or similar, saying that PaB was more automated, and BnP was completely manual.
    PaB comes from an automated warehouse in Poland.
    B&P is done 100% manual by the same CS people in Billund who get you your replacement part for a broken/missing piece. Picture somebody walking with a cart through rows of of parts, similar to the ones below.

Thanks for confirming the manual part. However, my BnP orders tend to have German postage labels on them. Perhaps there's some interesting logistics going on there?

As it happens, my PaB order from 29th August shipped yesterday, 1st September, so definitely quicker than BnP.

Interestingly, I had a Replacement Parts order ship a day before a BnP order. The BnP order arrived almost a week before the Replacement Parts, even though both came from Germany.
    omnium said:

Thanks for confirming the manual part. However, my BnP orders tend to have German postage labels on them. Perhaps there's some interesting logistics going on there?

They might be shipped across the border in batches then get sent from Germany individually.
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 3,973
    I got an email yesterday to say that the order I placed on 2 August has been shipped.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,267
    Went ahead and put an order in as for parts unlikely to turn up on bricklink in any decent quantity anytime soon. Will start the 7 week countdown. 
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,099
    I got a shipping notice today. Ended up only being just under 4 weeks, so not too bad compared to the 7 I was expecting. Now to see how fast the "7-10 days" goes. 
    andhe
    The parts arrived over the weekend! I just looked back at the timeline. 

Order submitted on August 10th
    Shipping notice received on September 3rd
    Parts arrived September 12th

So, whereas I originally thought that it would take 5-7 weeks to complete the order, then another 1-2 weeks to ship, I'm sitting pretty good. just over 4 weeks compared to 6-9 weeks. I should have time to submit a couple of more orders before the holidays arrive!

On top of that, my order was 100% complete plus a handful of spare parts. A couple of 1x1 plates, which make sense. A spare 1x6 tile, which I'd usually think was weird, but I ordered a bunch of them. And five 2x2 corner plates. That one struck me as odd. But, I'll take them!
    andhe
  • BrickBeltBrickBelt United StatesMember Posts: 26
    Anyone have any recent experience as to the current time for Bricks and Pieces orders? I ordered for a contest and I have about six weeks between when I placed my order and when I need the pieces. According to their listed estimates I should be good.
  • wardmwardm BelgiumMember Posts: 750
    @BrickBelt the last time I ordered (in october I think) it took over a month. This might be due to the holiday season though, but I would take into account that it could take more time than the usual! 
    I've just received the electronic invoice for one placed Nov 21st, so presumably that will be on its way soon.
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 998
    Yeah, I ordered on 13th December and still in warehouse. 
    Placed an order to piece together an Apple Tree House #5891

I already had more than half the parts to put one together so this was cheaper than buying one off ebay/bricklink.

Now the long wait begins.
    My Elf Club House was missing a 1x2 brown tile. I ordered it on 12/17 and it arrived on 1/12. 
    My Elf Club House was missing a 1x2 brown tile. I ordered it on 12/17 and it arrived on 1/12. 
    Yeah, they prioritise missing parts over people purchasing, which is fair enough.
    560Heliportgmonkey76
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,949
    edited January 14
    There is a disclaimer for the US: 5-7 weeks to process BnP order (not for replacement parts Im guessing)
    gmonkey76rd1899
    ^ and ^^. I saw the title of the thread and made an assumption. My last BnP order was submitted on November 27th and the parts also arrived last week on the 12th. So, there's your 7ish week timeline. 
    Huh, I see that now. Don't know how I missed that disclaimer before. Anyone have any idea on the delivery time to US once an order ships?
  • scottwb2010scottwb2010 ScotlandMember Posts: 247
    Lego had that disclaimer up for a while in October when I placed a PAB and B&P order. It wasn't there when I placed another order on Dec 11. I received the PAB parts on 22nd, still waiting on the B&P. Can't complain really as they use to shut B&P down in Dec to end of Jan in years gone by.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,949
    BrickBelt said:
    Huh, I see that now. Don't know how I missed that disclaimer before. Anyone have any idea on the delivery time to US once an order ships?

Typically 7-10 business days once it ships
    BrickBelt said:

Typically 7-10 business days once it ships
    Thanks. I'll keep an eye open and if I don't see any movement about 14-18 days before I need them I'll just order some of the bricks from Bricklink.

Thankfully work has some big new incentives for working extra so my guilt-free Lego budget just went up substantially, haha!
    Anyone else having issues with BnPs? When I try to search for a design ID nothing happens. I've tried on multiple computers. It started yesterday and I am wondering if it has something to do with the new cookie settings they pushed.
    vizzitor
  • vizzitorvizzitor IrelandMember Posts: 297
    edited February 10
    mustang69 said:
    Anyone else having issues with BnPs? When I try to search for a design ID nothing happens. I've tried on multiple computers. It started yesterday and I am wondering if it has something to do with the new cookie settings they pushed.
    Yes, I had the same issue after the cookie changes since yesterday. The Analytic and Lego Marketing cookies have to be enabled too, not just the "Necessary" ones.
    I've reported it to support earlier so I'll see what they come back with.
  • vizzitorvizzitor IrelandMember Posts: 297
    edited February 10
    Actually, you don't need to enable the Lego Marketing, just the Analytic and Necessary options.
    mustang69
    Looks like they've corrected it, I am able to search again (for now).
  • Yellowcastle2Yellowcastle2 U.S.Member Posts: 12
    My first ever B&P order was pretty big (almost $200) but still got in about 5 weeks.  The box, however was poorly sealed and had to get rubber banded by USPS.  Only short 2 small pieces, based on an inventory by my little ones.  :o). I just love this option as much as I dislike the P&B side.  The problem is that there’s just too many great pieces and colors.
    CymbelineBumblepantsmsanders
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 998
    My first ever B&P order was pretty big (almost $200) but still got in about 5 weeks.  The box, however was poorly sealed and had to get rubber banded by USPS.  Only short 2 small pieces, based on an inventory by my little ones.  :o). I just love this option as much as I dislike the P&B side.  The problem is that there’s just too many great pieces and colors.
    Welcome to another side of Lego collecting - parts! I easily spend more on parts on BnP per year than actually Lego sets. As you said, so many interesting pieces and different colours. Also, minifigure parts and accessories! It adds up quickly! 

Enjoy a new passion in pieces. 
    CymbelineKungFuKenny
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 3,973
    These days I'd say I easily spend more on parts than on sets, most years.
    madforLEGOKungFuKennydaewoo
  • Yellowcastle2Yellowcastle2 U.S.Member Posts: 12
    edited February 16
    I don’t have any Mocs in mind but my appetite for some of these pieces is ferocious.  I left my dark ages in the late nineties with Star Wars and then came back full steam in 2006ish.  But I had never previously bought sets to part out.  Now, I can’t unsee some of them with those goggles.  Now, I just have to find good sources of plates and bricks as my B&P selections continue to be the crazy cool bits like plants, basins, trans clear minifig connections, lattices, guard rail components, roller coaster tracks, etc.  I even grabbed 2 tiny gemstone rocks that I’d never previously seen.  And all the tubes and ropes and corrugated hoses.  I think I may have a problem. :o)

I built myself a design ID cheat sheet and have to keep telling myself to leave it be at least until my last order arrives.
    Cymbelineandhesid3windr
  • MCNwakeboardMCNwakeboard VirginiaMember Posts: 310
    Looks like a number of the minifigure parts from the blacksmith shop are available again in the U.S. 
    andhegmonkey76Switchfoot55
    Was just able to place an order on BnPs for the Reindeer from the Elf Clubhouse PN 69060 $43.52 for 8 of them. Get them while they are available!
    MCNwakeboard560Heliportcanon03Wookie2Switchfoot55