Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO's Replacement Parts Site

18910111214»

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,003
    I wonder if they manually count the B+P or use a scale. My last order had only five different parts, but there was 200 of each. I didn't bother counting on receipt.

• ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 580
    My August 30th B&P order shipped!
  • 7BS7BS CaliforniaMember Posts: 49
    CCC said:
    I wonder if they manually count the B+P or use a scale. My last order had only five different parts, but there was 200 of each. I didn't bother counting on receipt.

In my experience, they intentionally include exactly 2 extra pieces for lots of over about 75 or 100 pieces, which would seem to indicate that they do use scales for larger quantities.
    560Heliportsid3windr
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 485
    Something I'd like to understand is why do they provide tracking for PaB orders but not BnPs?
    I went ahead and counted one batch. Exactly 200 Nexo Knights pentagonal shields. They are not that heavy at about 0.6g but presumably this is enough to be accurate when counting by scale.
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 815
    stlux said:
    omnium said:
    And shipping times are usually much quicker.

I vaguely remember someone from an Inside Tour, or similar, saying that PaB was more automated, and BnP was completely manual.
    PaB comes from an automated warehouse in Poland.
    B&P is done 100% manual by the same CS people in Billund who get you your replacement part for a broken/missing piece. Picture somebody walking with a cart through rows of of parts, similar to the ones below.

Thanks for confirming the manual part. However, my BnP orders tend to have German postage labels on them. Perhaps there's some interesting logistics going on there?

As it happens, my PaB order from 29th August shipped yesterday, 1st September, so definitely quicker than BnP.

Interestingly, I had a Replacement Parts order ship a day before a BnP order. The BnP order arrived almost a week before the Replacement Parts, even though both came from Germany.
    omnium said:

Thanks for confirming the manual part. However, my BnP orders tend to have German postage labels on them. Perhaps there's some interesting logistics going on there?

They might be shipped across the border in batches then get sent from Germany individually.
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,804
    I got an email yesterday to say that the order I placed on 2 August has been shipped.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,111
    Went ahead and put an order in as for parts unlikely to turn up on bricklink in any decent quantity anytime soon. Will start the 7 week countdown. 
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,973
    I got a shipping notice today. Ended up only being just under 4 weeks, so not too bad compared to the 7 I was expecting. Now to see how fast the "7-10 days" goes. 
    andhe
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,973
    The parts arrived over the weekend! I just looked back at the timeline. 

Order submitted on August 10th
    Shipping notice received on September 3rd
    Parts arrived September 12th

So, whereas I originally thought that it would take 5-7 weeks to complete the order, then another 1-2 weeks to ship, I'm sitting pretty good. just over 4 weeks compared to 6-9 weeks. I should have time to submit a couple of more orders before the holidays arrive!

On top of that, my order was 100% complete plus a handful of spare parts. A couple of 1x1 plates, which make sense. A spare 1x6 tile, which I'd usually think was weird, but I ordered a bunch of them. And five 2x2 corner plates. That one struck me as odd. But, I'll take them!
    andhe