Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO's Replacement Parts Site

Comments

• ElkkthunderElkkthunder Member Posts: 48
    msanders said:
    madforLEGO said: 
    So it is Dec 21th and the BnP site is still available for part orders. I wonder if this is the first year they buck the trend of shutting down for end of the year?
    I've been anticipating for weeks now the closure but still nothing. A few parts I really wanted became available recently so I'm glad it's still open. Still waiting on some more to come in stock before a closure - it would be amazing if they kept the site open over Christmas! 
    what parts where you after??
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 526

This seems as good a place as any to ask everyone, what parts are you all currently waiting to come back in stock on the BnPs site?

On a more than daily basis I am looking for the following two parts:

Design 18626 – Bogie Plate 4X6 – specifically in black(or red). I need 4 of these to complete my Winter Train passenger cars. They have yellow in stock and I’ve thought about just getting those to tide me over but I’d rather have the black or red. I just don’t understand why they don’t have the red ones listed at all (even out of stock) seeing as how they are currently available in the Disney Train but searching using the design ID just returns the yellow and black.

Design 3685 - ROOF TILE CORNER 2X2X3/73° - again I need this one in black. It’s been out of stock for a while and hasn’t been used recently. It’s even no longer listed in that color on Brickset. This one I need for my pieced together Haunted House. I used the Earth Blue for the time being but as soon as the black come back in stock I’m going to swap them out.

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,645
    mustang69 said:
    Design 3685 - ROOF TILE CORNER 2X2X3/73° - again I need this one in black. It’s been out of stock for a while and hasn’t been used recently. It’s even no longer listed in that color on Brickset. This one I need for my pieced together Haunted House. I used the Earth Blue for the time being but as soon as the black come back in stock I’m going to swap them out.
    It has not been in a set for 7 years now, which is probably why they are not on B+P and also cost so much on BL.
    andhegmonkey76mustang69madforLEGO
    ^ Yeah, I am starting to lose hope but there is always a chance it will come back (crosses fingers). The same thing happened with the Earth Green 1X2X2 window frames. The initial version was last used in 2012, then came the Corner Garage in 2019 which reintroduced them (albeit with a new part number). Surely the same can happen with those roof slopes ;)
    mustang69 said:
    ^ Yeah, I am starting to lose hope but there is always a chance it will come back (crosses fingers). The same thing happened with the Earth Green 1X2X2 window frames. The initial version was last used in 2012, then came the Corner Garage in 2019 which reintroduced them (albeit with a new part number). Surely the same can happen with those roof slopes ;)
    Yes, I think your only hope is that it appears in a set again. If it does, it will surely be on B+P.
    gmonkey76mustang69
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,105
    The red pumpkins are in stock from #80105
    KungFuKennymsanders
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 1,005
    I'm always checking the website for various stock of parts I like. Luckily with the January update lots of parts from 2020 sets and late 2019 sets were released. 

I was particularly interested in 99563 Gold ingot piece in tan and white. Both became available in January. They will look great on buildings. 

I noticed they reduced the prices for lots of parts so now I'm stocking up on useful parts for future builds (not sure what next!)
    mustang69omnium
    edited June 2020
    CCC said:
    mustang69 said:
    Yes, I think your only hope is that it appears in a set again. If it does, it will surely be on B+P.
    Welp, with the release of the Fairground Haunted House, and my daily check of the B&Ps site, I found the black corner roof pieces in stock, albeit with a new number 6312358, and got 40 of them. Just a heads up to anyone else looking for them.
    Ronyar
    edited June 2020
    Result!

I'm hoping it opens again soon for the UK.
    mustang69sonatine01maniacmsanders
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 707
    "FISHY! WHY YOU SLEEPING?! WAKE UP!" 

canon03KungFuKenny
  • canon03canon03 USAMember Posts: 340
    @Modeltrainman What is part 6116047?  It isn't coming up with any results on BAP.
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 707
    @canon03
    Oops, sorry, I think that's some kind of identifier for the order. I copied and pasted from the online receipt. 
  • MCNwakeboardMCNwakeboard VirginiaMember Posts: 315
    The large shark was gone but able to get a few of the others.
  • vanvonfullvanvonfull washingtonMember Posts: 174
    Thanks for the heads up, this is fun. 

I spent over an hour selecting pieces but since I wasn’t logged in, the order disappeared and I had to do it again. I’m new to this. 

But I was able to find almost all of the animals I missed in the last 2 years of sets, built up the two Hidden side characters I’m missing (chef & dragster guy) and all of the pirates from Barracuda & the upcoming creator ship (minus 2 torsos I’ll track down elsewhere).  A Complete Will Byers of stranger things was a nice surprise. 

Came for some angler fish, left spending $120. 
    KungFuKenny560HeliportMCNwakeboardandhemithridate
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 1,988
    I must admit that those prices were surprising... $3.50 for a small alpaca, over $8 for the blue elephant, $2.50 for the angler fish-- these will likely be cheaper on BrickLink in a few months...
    gmonkey76andhe
  • karritkarrit USAMember Posts: 379
    They finally have some of the middle size#2 Minifigure legs in stock also but all are more than double the price of the normal ones at $1.62+  Will probably pick up some in a few of the available colors which are mostly gray-scale.  All the earth tones are still unavailable.
    edited June 2020
    I found that their new cart system seems to lock up if putting a lot into an order. If I keep the order somewhat small and got the order to the cart right away I could get it into the cart without issue (but also found out that when I added a small order to go edit it later I could add parts, but then ran inot the hanging problem and it would not update my cart item again).
    That and was surprised that the Patronus animals for the Room of requirement set were actually available to purchase (though were pricey)

sonatine01
  • sonatine01sonatine01 Daventry, EnglandMember Posts: 722
    ^ Yeah I had to split my 90 part order into 2 orders or it wouldn’t work. Not sure why as I thought that was well below their maximum part order amount.
  • FodderFodder AustraliaMember Posts: 331
    I had a PaB order in my cart before the ‘upgrade’ and when I try to edit it, there’s an issue trying to retrieve it. I can remember most of what’s in the cart, but not everything. I wanted to add some and delete some things before purchase. I can’t be bothered re-adding things at this stage...
    Now I'm finding that I cannot even attempt to edit a BnP order already in my cart (I get some lame 'Something less than awesome just occurred. Please try again later.' message). This new system looks cartoon-ish so I guess they 'upgraded' it. However with a lack of functionality even worse now with the change (I mean I should not call it an upgrade if it made the system worse) , someone needs to tell their site admins, that-like their whole site- just cause they put perfume on it does not make it less of a pig.
    gmonkey76Mr_Cross
    Yeah, it has been like that for me since it came back up. You have to do an order in one go from an empty cart.
    Mr_CrossPate5346
    I always get an error when I try to check out.  Doesn't let me enter payment info but once I get back to the cart page & hit checkout again it always seems to go through.  It's a really messed up system but I've always been able to eventually check out.  I've never been able to start and order and go back at a later time to edit it.  Now if I accidentally hit the back button on my browser I lose the whole order and need to start over.
  • bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 802
    I placed a decent sized order over the weekend, Can’t wait for it to arrive! PR is usually way more expensive than BL but everything comes from the same seller, the quantities always are more than what I need, everything is brand new and the shipping is minimal. 
    madforLEGO
    Maybe this is just due to the demand right now on BnP site (as they note a 5-7 week delay in fulfilling orders right now!) or that pieces keep coming into and out of stock so orders are postponed due to that, but I noticed that the 'Edit' option is now missing from part orders in the cart. So if you want the order, or make a big order expecting to modify it later, be careful that you want those pieces or risk possibly having the rebuild your order from scratch.
    gmonkey76mustang69
    I placed a $60 order on PR on July 11th. Finally received it today, a month and a half later! Happy it's here.

I received notification that it shipped on the 7th and was told it would take 7-10 business days to arrive but it took 13 business days to arrive so a slight delay. 

It shipped from Poland to NY so it had a long way to travel!
    560Heliport
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,447
    Considering conditions worldwide, 13 days instead of 7-10 seems reasonable to me- it's "only" LEGO, after all, not medication, etc. 
    panchox1datsunrobbie
    Still waiting for mine to ship from July 30th. Does anybody know when it would realistically leave 'in Warehouse?'

• PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,055
    The site is currently saying that delivery is taking 5-7 weeks...
    Modeltrainman
    @Paperballpark, my bad. I misunderstood that. I thought that was the time it was currently taking for orders to arrive, not leave LEGO! 😳
    Considering conditions worldwide, 13 days instead of 7-10 seems reasonable to me- it's "only" LEGO, after all, not medication, etc. 
    To be clear-my post wasn't a complaint. Just an exact time frame of the whole process to share my experience with others who may have placed orders in July. 

As I said earlier I am glad the parts arrived. BL would have been faster but no seller had some of the parts in the quantities I ordered. Some elements were brand new (black space helmet, some Monkey Kid elements, etc) and weren't available in quantity at all on BL. 
    560HeliportKungFuKenny
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,447
    bmwlego said:
    To be clear-my post wasn't a complaint. Just an exact time frame of the whole process to share my experience with others who may have placed orders in July. 

As I said earlier I am glad the parts arrived. BL would have been faster but no seller had some of the parts in the quantities I ordered. Some elements were brand new (black space helmet, some Monkey Kid elements, etc) and weren't available in quantity at all on BL. 
    I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you were complaining! It's refreshing to read about someone not throwing a tantrum because something went less than perfectly.
    KungFuKennybmwlego
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 1,005
    Yes, I am waiting for shipment of BnP orders from end of July, but as pointed out, it is estimated to take 5-7 weeks to leave Lego. I don`t mind actually. I would rather the service stays open and have a major delay in dispatch than having it closed like it was during the height of the pandemic. 
    CymbelinejnscoelhoTkattmadforLEGOgmonkey76
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 613
    Wow... I ordered 24th of July (and again on the 27th and again 3-8); called CS somewhere around the 10th of August. Got disconnected whilst the representative was looking up details on the order - already waited 30mins before talking to him, so didn't want to call back - honestly expected a short e-mail with an update (as he didn't say i was taking SO long these days, and he already has my details + orderno's)....

Mailed CS last week, no reply yet.
    Well, guess that's what you get for applauding TLG for sending the last order within 5 days...
    My recent Shop @Home orders & my backordered Book Store have all arrived within a couple of days of shipping.  B&P orders are taking somewhat longer than the first few I placed shortly after they reopened it.  I'm not worried as they all get here eventually.  Thought I was getting one today which was a bit surprising since it wasn't placed that long ago but it turns out the delivery is my quarterly Disney D23 magazine.  And today I'm getting the Hogwart student pack I just ordered over the weekend to get free shipping on my B&P order.
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,229
    I was unaware that there was not free shipping on B&P orders when the $35 threshold was met. As far as I could tell, it doesn't clearly state it anywhere. Thankfully, a quick email to CS had my shipping refunded. Now I know to just throw on another small set from [email protected] to get free shipping on both sides!
    I was unaware that there was not free shipping on B&P orders when the $35 threshold was met. As far as I could tell, it doesn't clearly state it anywhere. Thankfully, a quick email to CS had my shipping refunded. Now I know to just throw on another small set from [email protected] to get free shipping on both sides!

I dunno shipping is only 2.95USD last I checked (the tax is usally more painful for my orders). Even if I'm buying only 50 USD in LEGO parts, that still is not bad, given how bricklink sellers are. I guess if you can find some of the parts you want in PaB that would help hit that mark (also likely will be cheaper via PaB sometimes)
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 672
    I usually order small orders through B&P but once I made a massive order that came in a box with plastic ziptie lines on it. Still $2.95 shipping. It was pretty rad.
    madforLEGObmwlegogmonkey76andhe7BS
    For UK, if you order £50+ on B+P it is £2 shipping. Add a 6p PAB part and shipping is free!
  • bricknationbricknation Member Posts: 713
    CCC said:
    For UK, if you order £50+ on B+P it is £2 shipping. Add a 6p PAB part and shipping is free!
    And if you add a polybag or qualify for a GWP you will receive your order in 3 separate packages each coming from a different country.
    Switchfoot55
    Actually after looking at some of the part prices on PaB I need to start checking there more as it appears some parts are better prices than BnP
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,229
    ^I find this incredibly weird. Why on earth would they be different? I honestly can't recall the last time I looked at PaB. I guess I'll have to triple reference costs between BL, BnP, and BaP. Woo Excel!
  • TkattTkatt MNMember Posts: 463
    When I'm buying parts I first check Brickowl (I gave up on BL), then Pick-a-brick, and then Brick's and Pieces. Brickowl sellers will always have what I'm looking for but never in the quantity I need. PAB will have some of what I want at a decent price, but never everything I'm looking for. B&P will have more of what I want and the prices will vary slightly from PAB, usually a cent or two more than PAB.
     And then there are the shipping times. Brickowl orders usually show up in less than a week. PAB around two weeks. B&P...when they reopened after shutting down for the pandemic I must have placed one of the first orders, It arrived in three days. But every order I placed after that has been very slow to arrive. Currently I'm waiting for an order to ship that I placed August 3.

@Tkatt I'm still waiting for an order to ship from July 30th. I think they're currently way behind.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,429
    I'm sure I got an email saying BnP orders were taking at least 3 weeks. 
    edited August 2020
    5-7 weeks now.
    andhe
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 613
    edited August 2020
    ^I find this incredibly weird. Why on earth would they be different? I honestly can't recall the last time I looked at PaB. I guess I'll have to triple reference costs between BL, BnP, and BaP. Woo Excel!
    You should... just for the common plates and bricks, there’s about 20% to be had... (for my #10197...)
    Switchfoot55
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 831
    And shipping times are usually much quicker.

I vaguely remember someone from an Inside Tour, or similar, saying that PaB was more automated, and BnP was completely manual.
    I just got one of my BnP orders on a Sunday. I'm not sure about other countries but that is unusual unless I'm getting something from Amazon.
    The B&Ps order I placed on 8/3 is finally showing as shipped. There were also some parts from PaB on the same order that took the usual 3 weeks to get to me.
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,412
    omnium said:
    And shipping times are usually much quicker.

I vaguely remember someone from an Inside Tour, or similar, saying that PaB was more automated, and BnP was completely manual.
    PaB comes from an automated warehouse in Poland.
    B&P is done 100% manual by the same CS people in Billund who get you your replacement part for a broken/missing piece. Picture somebody walking with a cart through rows of of parts, similar to the ones below.

(I don't think this is from CS, but it's very similar. I don't have any pictures as visitors need to leave their phones/cameras at reception.)
    CymbelineadiemcomniumKungFuKennyMr_CrossMynattprevere