Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO's Replacement Parts Site

167891012»

Comments

• ryderfanryderfan Member Posts: 16
    After six times of getting the "Access Denied" page, It went one more page further along, only to say "B and P is unavailable at the moment." If that's the case, then they should have it blocked off on the main page like it was last month. Sigh....
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 587
    ryderfan said:
    After six times of getting the "Access Denied" page, It went one more page further along, only to say "B and P is unavailable at the moment." If that's the case, then they should have it blocked off on the main page like it was last month. Sigh....
    Interesting... I was finally able to order yesterday (using the website rather than calling for a change!) and the order went through— got the shipping email today.
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 914
    I just added a BnPs order to my cart, and there was a message saying the BnP wasn`t available at the moment and so my pieces do not appear in the cart!!

I`ve never known it to be so difficult to give my money to a company!! 
    KungFuKennyPyrobugmadforLEGO
  • asrfarinhaasrfarinha Galway, IrelandMember Posts: 140
    Just tried again now, and I'm still getting the "Sorry! We're unable to authorise your payment at this time. Please contact customer service." at checkout.
    Modeltrainman
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 309
    @asrfarinha Same here, only in the US.
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,025
    I had a PayPal payment accepted on Wednesday 11th. The payment is pending until dispatch as per usual, but the order is in my account and marked as "in warehouse".
  • SeanTheCollectorSeanTheCollector BirminghamMember Posts: 763
    I placed a £130 B&P order on Tuesday without problems. I was annoyed that 3 or 4 pieces that were available before the site closed were now out of stock but I assume they did some inventory checking while the site was down.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,433
    The option is unavailable again (at least for the US)
  • BastyBasty LondonMember Posts: 235
    The option is unavailable again (at least for the US)
    Same for the UK
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 309
    They tell me they've been having problems with it. (I know we've heard it, but that's their official line.)
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 443
    Uuhhh....

Using a different countrycode doesnt help....
    LEGO changes their VIP program and turns it into goo. They 'improve' the BnPs site, and turns it into goo.... I'm afraid of what they are going to 'improve' next.

While they have had some degrees of success, namely the reworking of the main [email protected] site, their Build a minifigure format when they add exclusive (to BaM) recolors into the part selections, or allow stores to have the ability to try to pick the parts they want for the pick a wall in the store, they had (IMO) major miscues with the new VIP point system, and now the Bricks and pieces online service.
    BumblepantsPyrobuggmonkey76
    @madforLEGO I don't know if I'd go that far. CS is ALMOST always slammed with calls that I've seen, I'm sure the IT crew is extremely busy, so I'd hope maybe it's just that site improvements take a while.
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,421
    Ah, but the best test environment is your production system...

Or put differently: everyone has a test environment, for some it's even separate from production!
    madforLEGOstluxOldfansklambdatsunrobbie
  • SeanTheCollectorSeanTheCollector BirminghamMember Posts: 763
    edited September 24
    Just managed to place a large Bricks & Pieces order on the UK site after it came back online this morning. Put your orders in quick since it seems to go offline on a frequent basis at the moment.
    I do wonder whether they only turn it on for brief periods to let a trickle of orders flow in. Is the parts department short staffed?
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 413
    ^ I saw it was up for a little while yesterday in the US and was able to add parts to my cart. I tried editing the list and when I attempted to add that to my cart I got the error that the BnP site was down and now it's showing as unavailable.

I still have the parts in my cart from the first time but I'm not actually ready to pull the trigger on ordering them yet.

It does seem strange how it keeps going up and down. As discussed earlier, they must not have a test environment and can only try the changes on the live site, which would be scary if that was the case.
    sid3windr
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,648
    I tried to put a large Replacement Parts order through yesterday, but I wasn't even able to get into the portal to locate the parts. I talked with CS and they directed me to call into their offices as they are able to take the orders by phone (yeah...cause that sounds fun). I was encouraged by them at least giving me an alternative to still ordering. They also said to check Bricks and Pieces as that portal should be up and functioning just fine. 

I asked if they had an ETA and the CS rep had no idea. Not so encouraging...
    I made a phone order a couple of weeks ago and it took forever to order about 15-20 lots - CS rep was patient though.  Took a while to come from Denmark but finally arrived this weekend...

Switchfoot55davetheoxygenmanomnium
    @KungFuKenny Cool! Also, gray.
    @KungFuKenny, I've noticed you have an affinity for tiles. Lots and lots of tiles :)

Good to know the phone option works, albeit a slower process. 

Although, a part of what I love so much about the replacement parts (and why it is so dangerous) is randomly seeing parts in a set inventory that find their way into my shopping cart. The search starts with a budget in mind and finished with that budget multiplied a few times over. 
    KungFuKenny
    edited September 24
    @KungFuKenny, I've noticed you have an affinity for tiles. Lots and lots of tiles :)
    @Switchfoot55

This order plus a couple of Bricklink orders coming this week will finish up the parts for this:

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-23556/onecase/isd-monarch/#info

It it was a bear trying to figure out which source was cheaper for each part— in general the bigger pieces (more ABS) were more expensive on B&P (except for Technic beams, oddly) while specialty parts, like  6225230 (which is in only 3 sets so far) were disproportionately cheaper in bulk directly from Lego.

^That set is unbelievably awesome. It puts the recent UCS SD to shame!

I agree that it is a challenge determining how to best order large batches. I usually end up several spreadsheets into things before I feel like I've exhausted my search for parts and maximized my budget. But, that becomes part of the build for me, so I enjoy it immensely! 
    KungFuKennySeanTheCollectordavetheoxygenman
     Nice, it finally came back online and the dk green lamp posts from the Ideas Friends set are back available as well.
    Switchfoot55KungFuKennyLittleLoridavetheoxygenmanBumblepants
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 565
    I was able to make a small B&P order yesterday without any hiccups!
    BumblepantsAstrobricksLego_StarSumoLego
    pxchris said:
    I was able to make a small B&P order yesterday without any hiccups!
    What sorcery is this?!
    Not only that, my order was processed in about 2 days after I ordered! (though it could have been because they have had very few orders lately)
    KungFuKenny
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 125
    @madforLEGO My B n P order said it was processed in two days as well but I only half believed it. Thought it was a glitch. Sure enough the parts arrived in record time. So impressive!
    KungFuKenny
    @Cymbeline when did they arrive? I'm going out of town on Monday and hope that they do not make it here before I get back (I got the order receipt on the 26th)
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 125
    I received an email on Sep11 saying that the parts would arrive in 10 to 14 working days and the parts arrived on the 25th. I'm in Canada and everything takes so much longer to arrive here than in does in the U.S. I've had orders that took literally months to arrive after the "10 to 14 day" email. In fact LEGO has reshipped my order a couple of times because we assumed it was lost after I waited two months. I don't know that this will help you - sorry.
    Got the parts sometime this week, very quick since I ordered them the week before last. Glad I put a hold order on my mail.

Also, if anyone was waiting for them, the piano key/keyboard 1x4 tile ( 6284099 from the #21319 Central Perk -and other sets) is available again on the BnP site.

gmonkey76
    Still waiting on parts ordered on the 24th. LEGO presumed them missing, reshipped. I hate to imagine lost LEGO! 😥😭😭😭😭😭😭
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,421
    My PAB order also went missing (shipped 12/9), they re-shipped it and it arrived today.
    Went back to the site again today. I was *sure* they must have sorted out the problems by now...

But still got the "Sorry! We're unable to authorise your payment at this time. Please contact customer service." error message.

This is kind of silly...

(happened on the IE site)
    Modeltrainman
  • CoviCovi BelgiumMember Posts: 291
    Still not able to place an order. It puts me on the UK localisation. When I change it to Belgium it's not available, when I place an order it gives an error when flipping over towards checking out. :-/
  • DeMontesDeMontes North YorkshireMember Posts: 566
    Went back to the site again today. I was *sure* they must have sorted out the problems by now...

But still got the "Sorry! We're unable to authorise your payment at this time. Please contact customer service." error message.

This is kind of silly...

(happened on the IE site)
    yup same for me UK site still
  • canon03canon03 USAMember Posts: 325
    Anyone know the part I'd of the red elf hat?  I'm sure it is a longshot, but maybe it is available on BAP.
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 413
    @canon03 I know this isn’t the answer you were looking for but here is the part on bricklink.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=13787pb02&idColor=3#T=C&C=3

As as far as i’ve been able to find the red hat isn’t listed on BnP so I just ordered from BL. They were only $0.70 each so @$16 for 20 with shipping.

canon03
    canon03 said:
    Anyone know the part I'd of the red elf hat?  I'm sure it is a longshot, but maybe it is available on BAP.

My guess is it was part of the BaM exclusive colors that have been made. Im not sure those will ever appear on BnP
    Just placed a BnP order. When it turned out the BnP didn't count towards the GWP, I found out you can now change your BnP when it has already been placed in your shopping bag. This is SO much better than it was!
  • jnscoelhojnscoelho PortugalMember Posts: 397
    eMJeeNL said:
    Just placed a BnP order. When it turned out the BnP didn't count towards the GWP, I found out you can now change your BnP when it has already been placed in your shopping bag. This is SO much better than it was!
    Not for me... Before the change on the website I used to be able to edit the BnP order after it was on the cart, but since then that BnP works terribly... 
    I actually missed the red brick GWP due to that, I had an order and wanted to add some more pieces, had to redo the entire order which took about 30-40 minutes and when I finished the GWP was gone from the cart... 
    jnscoelho said:
    eMJeeNL said:
    Not for me... Before the change on the website I used to be able to edit the BnP order after it was on the cart, but since then that BnP works terribly... 
    I actually missed the red brick GWP due to that, I had an order and wanted to add some more pieces, had to redo the entire order which took about 30-40 minutes and when I finished the GWP was gone from the cart... 
    Well you cannot leave a BnP order in the cart forever as pieces fall out of stock. The pieces are not allotted until paid for so I have had instances where I cannot place an order due to that. However, that is on me not placing the order before parts sell out, not LEGO.
    What you can do (though it is a bit tricky) is edit the order; bring up the BnPs site with your order. Then go back and delete it out of the cart. Make your LEGO order you wanted to make is done immediately (being sure to keep updating the BnP order so it does not time out, of course) and then once you placed the order, go into bnp window again, add something to the bnp order (if you just try to resubmit 'as is' you may lose it out of cart), and submit it and it should appear back in the cart again. It is a bit of a pain, but worth it IMO if you put a lot of parts into a BnP order.

In any case, BnP is likely shutting down at the beginning of Dec (if not sooner) so if you want parts, buy them now!
  • jnscoelhojnscoelho PortugalMember Posts: 397
    jnscoelho said:
    eMJeeNL said:
    Well you cannot leave a BnP order in the cart forever as pieces fall out of stock. The pieces are not allotted until paid for so I have had instances where I cannot place an order due to that. However, that is on me not placing the order before parts sell out, not LEGO.
    Not my case. I had prepared the BnP cart earlier that day. And all of them were still available, I just wanted to add some more.
    Back in the day, I would just press "edit" on the BnP cart, I'd get redirected to the BnP page and all the picked parts would be there and I could add more. Since the change in the website that never happened again. And now, sometimes, it just deletes my BnP cart.
    @jnscoelho: to me, it is the exact opposite!

in other news: just received my PaB in just 5 days!!!! That has got to be some kind of record? Even my BnP has already left the depot of Lego! (Ordered at the same time)
    Well if you want a parts order, get it in now as I think the BnP is going to shut down soon for the holidays and the new year (will likely reopen around beginning of February 2020)
    KungFuKennyBumblepantsgmonkey76
    Seems to be back to working for me (Ireland).

Also, I was able to pay with PayPal, which was not an option before.
    eMJeeNL said:
    @jnscoelho: to me, it is the exact opposite!

in other news: just received my PaB in just 5 days!!!! That has got to be some kind of record? Even my BnP has already left the depot of Lego! (Ordered at the same time)

Yeah, I just got mine in record time as well (invoice date on receipt said Dec 3rd-which I believe is when it usually ships from the factory- but got the order today). Not sure if this is the new normal or they are just trying to get orders out before the holidays.