Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO's Replacement Parts Site

Comments

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,612
    The parts for the #60134 Fun in the park set are up and available as well; but get ready for 'sticker shock' in terms of cost for items like the Wheelchair, its wheels, and the Baby body and head.
    catwrangler
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 452
    Needed to pick up some replacement parts for the ferris wheel since the puppy got to it and destroyed a few of them. So while I was at it I decided to pick up some extra bricks for MOCs as well as some additional large and small spruce trees.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,444
    ^^ yes, when I saw the prices of the baby last week I decided to wait for the CMF instead.
  • canon03canon03 USAMember Posts: 327
    For those not wanting to look it up....$3.83 for the baby body and head from #60134.  I'm with @CCC and would spend the extra $0.17 and get the blue version of the CMF that also includes a regular sized minifig.
    bobabricksmadforLEGOgmonkey76
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 782
    ^how about the hotdog bun? What's the price on that?
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    edited August 2016
    ^ I think the bun was $0.83.
    Pumpkin_3CK5bobabricksmadforLEGOcatwranglerkiki180703
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    I love BnP, but wait a while and BL usually has the pieces for c heaper. One main benefit is you can buy a higher quantity from LEGO and with usually cheaper shipping, but you may end up paying more for the pieces. Depends on your trade off.
    Bumblepants
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,549
    Heads up all, Bricks and Pieces will be closed from 16th December to 1st February, so if you want to buy parts from them you'll have to place your order by the 15th.
    Bumblepantssid3windriso3200Andorgmonkey76madforLEGOkiki180703GothamConstructionCo
    Heads up all, Bricks and Pieces will be closed from 16th December to 1st February, so if you want to buy parts from them you'll have to place your order by the 15th.
    Thanks for the reminder, scary how fast it seemed 'that time of year' showed up again.
    CurvedRoadPlatekiki180703LostInTranslation
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 707
    Anybody heard when B and P is going off-line this year? Mid-December again? I want to get another order in hopefully with double points in December.
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,446
    Good question, I almost forgot that! Need to get on an order I've been putting off for weeks now, stat!
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,851
    When was the last time anyone managed to buy a tiger (element no. https://uk.newonnetflix.info/catalogue 34137)? I've been checking intermittently, but my impression is that they sold out on arrival, and I wonder if they're even likely to make more, given that Jungle has been a one-and-done subtheme... 
    Isn't that one of those you had to call for?
    madforLEGO
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,294
    ^yup, the other two big cats were available for order online, the tigers only by phone.
    madforLEGOcatwrangler
    flord said:
    Anybody heard when B and P is going off-line this year? Mid-December again? I want to get another order in hopefully with double points in December.
    Guessing it is the same. Actually they will put up a notice on the site I believe when it goes down for the holidays
  • AySeaAySea Member Posts: 62
    I'm sure I've read about this on here somewhere before, but can't find it at the minute and don't remember what the resopnse was.

I've just tried buying some parts from the replacement parts site, made sure everything was set for the UK, but when the order got placed in my basket, Shop.Lego.com defaults to US and when I try to change region back to UK I'm just getting a blank white screen.

Can anyone offer a solution to this before I try phoning customer services tomorrow?
    ^-Sounds like a browser issue.
    I'd wondered if that was it originally, but had the same result with both Firefox and Microsoft Edge (or whatever Internet Explorer is called nowadays). Just tried installing Google Chrome and logged in to the Lego site with that and it's doing the same thing.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,619
    Yes I had the same issue earlier this week. I gave up in the end. 
    Not sure if you got this figured out already, but try this. In Chrome, on the top right click the three dots and in the drop down menu select "New Incognito Window", try adding the items to the cart that way then go to your cart. At this point try logging in and see if you can place the order. When I tried it normally I was getting the error "Sorry! An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again" but when I tried it in an "incognito window" I was able to get to the select address page. I go further since I didnt want to buy anything but that was better than the normal page.

I was seeing that error earlier last week but didnt think much of it since I wasnt planning on ordering anything so I think its been happening for a few days at least.
    Thanks for the repiles. I tried @mustang69 's suggestion and that seems to have worked. Just need to wait and see if I get everything I've ordered, then I can get my model finished off.

Thanks again.
    mustang69
    I'm glad it worked :) Hopefully you get everything you ordered, though it might take some time to find out ;)
    Just saw the BnPs site is down with a message that they are making improvements. It’ll be interesting to see what changes they make and if it will end up better or worse.
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,534
    Well it was down for over a month for most of the world already and when it came back it was worse so I've not much hope for this update.
    sid3windrstluxvizzitor
    I found the site was pretty much the same but just that checkout wasn't working all the time. I imagine they are fixing that.
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 957
    edited September 2019
    Well it was down for over a month for most of the world already and when it came back it was worse so I've not much hope for this update.
    CCC said:
    I found the site was pretty much the same but just that checkout wasn't working all the time. I imagine they are fixing that. 

Bricks and Pieces was still down here in the States but I was still able to order on the phone this morning with a very patient customer service rep.  Although I still get mildly annoyed that spending $200 on B&P doesn’t qualify for a GWP (I guess because it is technically the service side and not the store)
    CCC said:

Bricks and Pieces was still down here in the States but I was still able to order on the phone this morning with a very patient customer service rep.  Although I still get mildly annoyed that spending $200 on B&P doesn’t qualify for a GWP (I guess because it is technically the service side and not the store)
    Hoping that is one of the changes being made to bricks and pieces (that GWP are allowed).
    I cannot order via the site and apparently I cannot submit my order for bricks and pieces I already had in my cart. Not sure if this is a site issue, or just an issue because bricks and pieces is down for construction (even though I can still edit my order)
    KungFuKenny
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 957

This is is the lovely pic I get when checking B&P order status today... the CS rep said that they were doing maintenance but not sure how long it would take... she also mentioned that some years B&P has been put on pause for the “busy season” ... does anyone know if that is a regular occurrence? 
    andhe

This is is the lovely pic I get when checking B&P order status today... the CS rep said that they were doing maintenance but not sure how long it would take... she also mentioned that some years B&P has been put on pause for the “busy season” ... does anyone know if that is a regular occurrence? 
    Every year LEGO discontinues B&P ordering from about Dec through until about February (I recall it was between Feb1st and 15th). I have never heard them discontinuing any other time of year, unless they are doing updates, which they have done a few times this year.
    AstrobricksKungFuKennyBumblepantsgmonkey76
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 951
    Bricks and pieces has had a problem for a few weeks. You could not pay at check-out and an error kept saying that they could not process payment. When I contacted them last week, they were aware of the issue (many people had complained). They allowed me to email them the list of parts and someone from customer services ordered them for me - they called me to take payment.

As stated above, BnP goes down over Christmas. The beginning of this year I remember the website stated middle of Feb but it actually came back earlier than expected (the very beginning of Feb). 
    KungFuKennyLittleLori
    For what it is worth, I saw the BnPs site was back up. It still looks the same as far as I can tell so maybe the changes were on the backend? Either way, first thing I noticed was the country defaulted to Portugal even though my region is set to the US, so that's a great start :P
    Bumblepants
    Just to add to my above comment, I tried to add some parts to an order and got the following error message,

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.lego.com/customization/csp.jsp?" on this server.

Reference #18.44ef2e17.1568142895.8ef5576

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not surprised what so ever, looks like they still have a lot of work to do.
    I dunno I just got an email from LEGO saying that part of my payment could not be processed and I have to call them to figure it out. Judging by the wait time Im guessing they have system wide issues. I'm just hoping that is not what is causing my inability to get an order through.
    I dunno I just got an email from LEGO saying that part of my payment could not be processed and I have to call them to figure it out. Judging by the wait time Im guessing they have system wide issues. I'm just hoping that is not what is causing my inability to get an order through.
    Update: It isn't, I think the CS guy did not want to say, but my guess is the parts ordering system is still having issues
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 194
    For the first time since the new system was put in place I have been able to order B n P successfully. I still can't access V.I.P. in Safari but I can in Firefox. Using both browsers I can now access everything I could before it was "new and improved"! Be still my beating heart! 
  • TkattTkatt MNMember Posts: 387
    I also got an email like that today. I had ordered parts on August 18th, they were delivered last Saturday. Then today I got the email telling me that my payment wasn't processed and to call customer service to complete my order. I suppose my honesty (and desire to purchase from them in the future) will mean that I'll call them tomorrow and pay them.
  • ShropshireShropshire UKMember Posts: 237
    I had same, it took so long to ship the order that the payment pre authorisation had expired. They had shipped me the order and about 3 weeks later i got an email saying they not taken payment and to contact them. I did so last week and they reauthorised etc but still showing as not completed transaction
    Mr_Cross
  • PJ76ukPJ76uk Derby, UKMember Posts: 503
    Site works fine for me, made an order on the 2nd arrived on the 9th payment went through fine. Made another order last night so hopefully goes through ok too!
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,102
    I had same, it took so long to ship the order that the payment pre authorisation had expired. They had shipped me the order and about 3 weeks later i got an email saying they not taken payment and to contact them. I did so last week and they reauthorised etc but still showing as not completed transaction
    Pretty much the same with my last parts order. I love LEGO, but aspects of their website are frustrating and shambolic.
    omniumLego_Star

Worst thing for me was that their customer service number is 00800 not 0800 which is international Freephone rather than UK freephone. which if i'm at work (work landline and work mobile only) is blocked... even though it's a free call it's classed as international which we block by default (anything starting 00) so it's impossible for me to call them daytime except weekend with v.long queues....

I used webchat and they said they can't take payment details over webchat and i'd have to call, no matter how much I said I can't call 00800 they still needed me to call. In the end they were able to process the authorisation on webchat because it was the same card details so I wouldn't have to give them again but it still hasn't gone through.

Nuts really. I totally understand having 00800 means they can have the same number for everywhere and route to the appropriate call centre but they need to accept customers using different channels for all contact needs not just to say sorry but you can't use webchat/email for some things and must call.

catwrangler
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,304
    @Shropshire They should be able to give you a normal landline number as well, and as you're in the UK you're in luck: I think it's +44 1753826003.
    Fizyxbandit778Lego_Star
    @stlux thanks for that, I asked on webchat for a local number and they said there wasn't one. I'll store this away.
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 518
    stlux said:
    @Shropshire They should be able to give you a normal landline number as well, and as you're in the UK you're in luck: I think it's +44 1753826003.
    I just rang that to try, and the automated voice was definitely not speaking English!
    edited September 2019
    Ah, you're right @benbacardi. That's... Dutch. But it is Lego CS in Slough!
    There's an option to press 1 to place an order, 2 to order missing parts or 3 to follow-up on an order, or just stay on the line to speak to CS.

There must be a similar direct number for the UK desk. Maybe @Ayliffe can help?

can you not ring the normal number either ? I was commenting that I can't call 00 numbers but you may be able to

00800 5346 5555
    Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm GMT

Nope, not able to call that 00800 number either @Shropshire. Had to insist quite a bit before CS was willing to provide me that direct number.
    As I speak Dutch, the welcome message on that number being in Dutch is not an issue for me. And if you don't understand the message: just stay on the line and a nice TLG CS person will eventually answer. They all speak English :)
    FizyxMr_Cross
    A word of caution, I added some B&P to my cart yesterday, then went to the shopping cart because I wanted to add some more, so I clicked the "Edit" link, which led to a 404. After that I went to B&P via the regular menu which cleared my B&P bricks.

Luckily having experience with Lego IT this was a deliberate test and I did not lose an hour of clicky clicky, but it does mean you have to do it in one go and be very mindful of the B&P session expiration still (I assume this is still only integrated half-assed into the main site).
    stlux
    I imagine that was a temporary problem. I managed to add to a B+P cart this morning fine.

sid3windr
    ^ It does look like it was a temporary issue, I've since been able to add items to my cart. Though I still get random countries when I click on the link and enter my age.
    Good to hear - I'll still take precautions for my next order ;-)