Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Next maersk ship 10241

OndraOndra Member Posts: 74
http://www.thebrickfan.com/new-lego-maersk-ship-10241-to-be-released-in-future/

Price 129 euros, so I expecting about 1600 pieces.

I did little research , if mentioned triple- E ship will be recreated as realistic lego set is going to look like this http://www.1000steine.de/1000steine/forum2/board_entry.php?id=198169 .Quite boring and totally unplayable.

So i think, is going to be something familiar with minifigures and join family together with maersk train.Something balanced between realistic and city familiar.
Another reedition I strike out, because price is higher.
TXLegoguy

Comments

• binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,733
    Ondra said:

Another reedition I strike out, because price is higher.

#10155, from 2010, was $119. That set was almost identical to #10152, from 2004, which was $75. I imagine the price increase is simply due to inflation.

I expect this to be similar to the previous two sets, at ~1000 pieces. It very well may be based on the new ship, but I'd be extremely surprised if it were tied to the Maersk Train; the scale is just too far off.
  • OndraOndra Member Posts: 74
    edited July 2013
    Retail Price:
    US: $ 119.99
    UK: £ 102.99
    AU: $ 169.99
    EU: € 109.99

Inflation isnt problem in TLC, also sets are cheaper and mostly with higher piece count.Another reedition with this price will be bad move from lego and maersk, because 2010 isnt long time from 10155 and 10155 isnt popular set.

@rocao: removed competing affiliate link
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,733
    Ondra said:

Inflation isnt problem in TLC, also sets are cheaper and mostly with higher piece count.

Whatever the definition, #10155 was essentially a re-release of #10152, six years later, with a 60% higher price. My point was, therefore, that it shouldn't be surprising if #10241 is essentially a re-release of #10155, three years later, with a ~15% higher price.
    But in 2004 there were another price scheme, sets were totally underpriced.Price difference between 2010 exclusive sets and 2014(Based on this year) are same.
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,908
    Missed out on the first two versions. I personally can't wait for this one.
    margot
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,219
    ^Get your Modulars first my friend.
    Pitfall69 said:

^Get your Modulars first my friend.

Ah... right. And then there is the Camper Van and Sopwith Camel. :(
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,218
    edited July 2013
    binaryeye said:

Ondra said:

Inflation isnt problem in TLC, also sets are cheaper and mostly with higher piece count.

Whatever the definition, #10155 was essentially a re-release of #10152, six years later, with a 60% higher price. My point was, therefore, that it shouldn't be surprising if #10241 is essentially a re-release of #10155, three years later, with a ~15% higher price.
    Fully agree. #10152 and #10155 were almost identical bar the stickers. I wouldn't be surprised if 10241 was again pretty much identical to the previous 2 releases, apart from the price of course....

• luckyrussluckyruss UKMember Posts: 870
    Irrespective of price, it seems quite likely they might re-release another set, regardless of whether we reckon it makes sense - Maersk is another Danish company so easy to believe they have some sort of agreement whereby Lego does a run of sets for them to commemorate various occasions for their staff etc.

I have #10155 but am quite excited, was trying to add some detailing to a model in Maersk blue the other day, and I don't have enough of it!

• piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,019
    Hated the last ship release but that's me. Loved the train. Maybe we will get something good with this ship. I just love minifigs and the design and purpose of the last ship release just wasn't me
  • TXLegoguyTXLegoguy USMember Posts: 125
    I hope it looks good, I might have to buy it!
  • VortexVortex Pakistan/USMember Posts: 342
    The price for this for the US market is to $169.99. I am actually quiet excited about this one

A- I did not have any of the previous containers .
    B- seeing the drastic improvement in design these past couple years , I am confident TLG is coming out with something special this time round. At a high 170 , despite inflation , my guess is we'll be seeing that 1000 piece barrier broken and somewhere in the range of 1360-1430 pieces. Fingers crossed now.
    From maersk facebook, another hint that it will be new set .
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=521438384578219&set=a.261927850529275.69669.215480991840628&type=1

Bart Z. K. Calus Pls confirm that next LEGO® Maersk model 10241 will be the ship - TripleE, fans are waiting! Fingers crossed!

And good luck for the captain.

Maersk Line We cannot say. But it will no doubt be worth waiting for
  • iBartiBart Member Posts: 121
    Ondra said:

From maersk facebook, another hint that it will be new set .
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=521438384578219&set=a.261927850529275.69669.215480991840628&type=1

Bart Z. K. Calus Pls confirm that next LEGO® Maersk model 10241 will be the ship - TripleE, fans are waiting! Fingers crossed!

And good luck for the captain.

Maersk Line We cannot say. But it will no doubt be worth waiting for

LOL, it was me... :P
    But such great idea to ask maersk!
  • LegofanscottLegofanscott Member Posts: 622
    is it just me or does it feel like early rumours getting revealed quicker and quicker?

The parisian restaurant & this are not scheduled for release until next year yet word is already out?
  • rchaddrchadd Member Posts: 187
    why are these maersk things so popular? the train looked good but the ships are pretty useless imo why keep re-releasing the same thing?
  • rchaddrchadd Member Posts: 187
    is it just for the blue bricks?
  • LegofanscottLegofanscott Member Posts: 622
    Hope this one looks a bit more "impressive" than the last one

I would say they are so popular simply because they are boats/ships, everyone loves Lego boats :)

The light blue colours also look very nice
  • Tormentalous18Tormentalous18 Member Posts: 29
    Jan Beyer has posted an image of the new set at LEGO Fan Weekend. It is indeed the Triple E.

• LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,685
    edited September 2013
    Christ, I hate to think what that might cost!

Thanks for sharing.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,169
    It will probably be $250 USD, but that is just a guess.
    @Tormentalous18: thanks for the photo!
    Here's another image I found of it.

• LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,685
    I do hope those containers are printed!!!
    GothamConstructionCo
  • maniacmaniac Yorkshire, UKMember Posts: 775
    edited September 2013
    The other Maersk ships didn't tempt me enough to plunge as I didn't think enough containers were included. The detailing looks more better on this version and obviously more containers. I will go for this if the price is right.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,464
    Wow, looks impressive but I wonder how the build experience will be. All those containers and the long rectangular hull could be rather tedious.
    maniac said:

The other Maersk ships didn't tempt me enough to plunge as I didn't think enough containers were included. The detailing looks more better on this version and obviously more containers. I will go for this if the price is right.

GRogall mentioned back in July that it would be €129.00.
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,640
    I wonder if that release is somehow tied with the release of the new "Captain Philips" movie. I just read those posts and send saw the preview on TV....

maniac said:

GRogall mentioned back in July that it would be €129.00.
    With all the excitement about Ewok Village, I'd forgot that a price had been mentioned. Well that looks superb for that price, probably a buy at that. Just gotta make space for it now...
    edited September 2013
    Really? It is the 10241 set? Looking cool, but the price mentioned before seems to be unreal for this ...
    Legoboy
    iBart said:

Really? It is the 10241 set? Looking cool, but the price mentioned before seems to be unreal for this ...

Shhhh or the price will increase like HH! ;)

Nope :D, there is offical info. Yeah!
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,640
    It is on LEGO facebook: US $149.99 - CA $179.99 - DE 129.99 € - UK 109.99 £ - DK 1199.00 DKK
    DiggydoesPoochy
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 654
    That's a lot of stickers.
  • DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,066
    Do i get it right that it doesn't come with "Maersk-Blue"pieces but instead with "Medium-Azure"? Or are these the same ones (with different names)?
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    I thought the last one was bad enough for stickers. Please LEGO don't be a pain in arse about letting us buy spares. Either include an extra set or allow them to be purchased.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,239
    Ugh. Look at all those STAMPS
    edited September 2013
    Diggydoes said:

Do i get it right that it doesn't come with "Maersk-Blue"pieces but instead with "Medium-Azure"? Or are these the same ones (with different names)?

It's definitely Maersk-Blue. In one of the pictures you can actually see a couple medium blue pieces used for some of the crates.

Designer Vid up.
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,611
    Another great model from Lego, however £80 would be more reasonable.

How many stickers are their! O_O
    edited September 2013
    What are the chrome gold bricks for?

I was hoping for a minifig scale. I would rather have that and pay triple the price than this offering.
  • HardradaHardrada Member Posts: 439
    Pitfall69 said:

I was hoping for a minifig scale. I would rather have that and pay triple the price than this offering.

Minifig scale Triple E? Nice fantasy.:)

• HardradaHardrada Member Posts: 439
    graphite said:

It's definitely Maersk-Blue. In one of the pictures you can actually see a couple medium blue pieces used for some of the crates.

On the designer video the blue on the crates is identified as 'sand blue' and the hull as 'medium azure' by Jamie. After about 1:30.
  • scrumperscrumper UKMember Posts: 323
    Minifig scale! Wouldn't fit in my house
    ITS BEAUTIFUL.
    Hardrada said:

On the designer video the blue on the crates is identified as 'sand blue' and the hull as 'medium azure' by Jamie. After about 1:30.

Doh.
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 717
    The real thing will be arriving soon in the UK at my place of work as part of its maiden voyage.

http://felixstowedocker.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/world-biggest-container-ship-to-call.html?m=1

I'm looking forward to this set, well maybe not the stickers anyway.
    DougoutMathBuilder
    Hardrada said:

Pitfall69 said:

Minifig scale Triple E? Nice fantasy.:)

I'm just saying. The UCS Millennium Falcon is supposed to be minifig size even though it would be twice the size.
    Legoboy
  • DougoutDougout Member Posts: 888
    How is this thing only 1600 pieces, it looks huge!
    Dougout said:

How is this thing only 1600 pieces, it looks huge!

That's what she said ;)

I think a lot of the pieces are the containers.

Dougout