Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

2013 Star Wars Advent Calendar 75023 Photos [SPOILER]

BrickaholicBrickaholic UKMember Posts: 342
edited July 2013 in Collecting
First contribution so be gentle :)

I just noticed Amazon.it has images of this years Star Wars calendar showing.

Here is the link

http://www.amazon.it/LEGO-Star-Wars-75023-DellAvvento/dp/B00B0IGOHY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1373611472&sr=8-1&keywords=lego+75023
Legoboy

Comments

• GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 718
    Looks like its going to be an EP II kind of Christmas :)
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    Fair enough. Last year was somewhat EPI-heavy.
  • luckyrussluckyruss UKMember Posts: 870
    Cool - not convinced by the AT-TE but looks like it might be able to be picked up by the dropship!

Maybe needs a spoiler warning but hopefully that is evident from the thread title...
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    What's that brown ship on the right supposed to be?
  • scrumperscrumper UKMember Posts: 323
    ^Jango Claus' sleigh?
  • jockosjunglejockosjungle Member Posts: 701
    Santa Fett and a Mini Slave One, yes please!
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    edited July 2013
    The city one looks pretty good actually, not all fire or police related - one police man, one fireman, one robber. CMF santa? Clear goblets and wine bottles. Nice. The train and excavator look nice too.
  • woony2woony2 UKMember Posts: 336
    ^^ City calender has some major cop outs, 2 planes the same except for a 1x4 tile in a different colour, major disappointment from the kids as they get 4 tyres on whichever day it is.
    Mini train and JCB look good though.
    But the snow man did make me smile the most, he looks like he's about to mug someone , using his nose as a club.
  • prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,561
    These photos have been circulating for at least a week on Brickshelf. The first calendar was nice, last year's was less so and this year's looks downright repetitive and lackluster. By contrast, this year's city calendar looks better than the last couple.
    edited July 2013
    ^^ The two planes, and the two presents look like they'll be one days worth though. And the car thing, the tyres, the oil and tools and the mechanic/racer can only be split between 3 days (on the basis of 6 days per line). Seems good to me.
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    Am I the only one that is a little disappointed with the star wars mini models?
    It looks like half of them are re-released from older sets. The figures do look cool though.
    ^ Nope
    prof1515 said:

The first calendar was nice, last year's was less so and this year's looks downright repetitive and lackluster.

• prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,874
    ^Agreed. And with the huge surplus that grows after each edition, curious about this year's efforts. $60 retail again?

And the Friends' Calendar is a head-scratcher. They produced a very low number last year, and it still took awhile to sell those quantities.

The City one looks fine. Nice to see the Astronaut in there.

How a Pirates or Super Heroes Advent?
    andhe
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 654
    edited July 2013
    It's a bit of a bummer that the Republic Gunship is exactly the same, but it looks like the other ships are at least tweaked slightly. Minifigure selection is awesome. Only complaints are that the battle droid should be a Geonosis orange one and the pilot droid isn't very exciting. Once it hits 50% off like all the previous ones have, I'll be picking up a couple without hesitation.
  • jasorjasor United StatesMember Posts: 839
    prevere said:

^Agreed. And with the huge surplus that grows after each edition, curious about this year's efforts. $60 retail again?

And the Friends' Calendar is a head-scratcher. They produced a very low number last year, and it still took awhile to sell those quantities.

The City one looks fine. Nice to see the Astronaut in there.

How a Pirates or Super Heroes Advent?

TRU still has 10-15 of 2012 Calendars in July(!), at a clearance price of 35.98. HAHAHA
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,733
    prof1515 said:

These photos have been circulating for at least a week on Brickshelf.

Photos of the set have been around since the NY Toy Fair five months ago. Granted, these are these are the official product shots. But it's not like the contents of the set were unknown until now.
  • canon03canon03 USAMember Posts: 319
    I agree with @prevere. Hopefully TLG learned their lesson last year with trying to charge $50 US and having a stockpile left over. Take the price back down a bit and it'll sell a few more.
    edited July 2013
    ^ Well they didn't learn from two years ago when there were loads of SW calendars left in the US then too.
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,733
    canon03 said:

I agree with @prevere. Hopefully TLG learned their lesson last year with trying to charge $50 US and having a stockpile left over. Take the price back down a bit and it'll sell a few more.

The RRP shown at NYTF was $39.99 USD, $49.99 CAD.

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,334
    What sort of message are kids going to get seeing a robber making off from a house having stolen the presents, I wonder...
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,239
    ^ How the Grinch Stole Christmas?
    ^^ they dont need to worry, the policeman's easily going to catch him.
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    edited July 2013
    The only minifig worth getting is boba fett IMO, (Bricklink is the answer to that) but why is he smiling? He never cracked a smile in the film. They should have given him the same face as jango just without the scars or stubble, after all he is an exact clone of him.

p.s. @Huw I guess we will have to wait and see ;-)
  • prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,561
    Photos of the set have been around since the NY Toy Fair five months ago. Granted, these are these are the official product shots. But it's not like the contents of the set were unknown until now.
    I mean that these official shots were up on Brickshelf since at least last Wed night or Thursday morning. I backed up my hard drive last Friday morning and haven't added anything to my Lego reference folder since then so I got these shots prior to Friday morning.