Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Selling Minifigures - Preferred Packaging?

binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
To those that buy minifigures, how do you like to see them packaged when they arrive? To those that sell minifigures, which packaging methods have your customers preferred?

- assembled, in one bag
- unassembled, all parts in one bag
- unassembled, each part in its own bag
- etc.

Comments

• BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    edited July 2013
    Prefer each single figure to be diassembled in a small baggie.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,659
    I don't mind getting them assembled as this stops the parts rubbing against each other. But I prefer that capes are not attached. Same with in-hand items, prefer not attached so hands don't get broken.
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    Thanks for the input. I suppose I should also clarify that I'm referring to minifigures sold in "new" condition.

Does assembling a minifigure make it "used"? I wouldn't think so, but then I recall someone posting, in regard to PAB parts that had been connected to save space in the cup, that parts that have been connected to one another shouldn't be considered new.

To me, it seems the best way would be all parts separate in their own bag, to prevent any damage to printing by friction. But that seems excessive. The compromise seems to be assembling the minifigure and separately bagging any accessories, with any printed accessories in their own bag. Does that seem reasonable?

I should also mention my perspective: I've never bought nor sold any minifigures, so I don't know what typical packaging is. But I've got a couple dozen that I've held onto as "new" (i.e. straight from the LEGO bag into another without touching with fingers) because I wasn't immediately interested in them. I'm looking for a way to organize them, and I figure it's best if I go ahead and package them now in a way that will be useful if I end up selling/trading them.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,659
    ^ Under bricklink rules, you can assemble minifigs and still call them new. Some minifigs even come that way. Elsewhere, it is up to you and whoever you are selling them to.
  • lordzaraklordzarak OH, United StatesMember Posts: 329
    I tend to package minifigures assembled with the exception of capes or any parts that are individually bagged (see Queen Amidala).
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,372
    I often ship minifigs assembled, always keeping separate any accessories that go in the hand.
    But, I find that there are some minifigs you should always send disassembled so they don't go through as a parcel. Medusa is one that immediately springs to mind. The AC Alien Commander and Atlantis Squidman are also ones that are necessary to ship as a disassembly.
    Also certain minifigs - like Chima eagles - I always remove the wings and in some cases the helmet. To me, I try and keep minifig packages as thin as possible.
    And if the head (or in some instances legs) came in their own bag, I would tend to keep the minifig completely disassembled. Like the Ninjago Snake Generals who had both head and lower parts in bags.

And at first, when I read the title, I thought this was a thread about how people like their CMF's to be sealed, opened to identify or just open! :-P
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,376
    I always ship completely assembled, with the cape on. All my minifigures will get several layers of bubble wrap. If the minifigure has a cape, I make sure that the cape is furled or rolled by any means when placing the bubble wrap around the figure. All it takes is cutting a slightly wider strip, and then wrapping it more loosely then you would on a normal minifigure (where you want it nice and tight.

I then place the minifigure in a ziploc bag, and pad it comfortably in a box with tissue paper and other materials so that it doesn't move around inside the box during transit.

The only time I like minifigures disassembled is if they have been directly pulled from a set and have not been assembled themselves. Otherwise, I'm always scared that the seller will damage the parts when taking it apart. When it comes to minifigures and their treatment, I unfortunately only trust myself!

If the item is over $100, I always want a box. Please, do not ship my Chrome C-3PO in an envelope, I will throw a fit! Padded envelopes are good for shipping low value minifigures only, in my humble opinion.
  • skeet318skeet318 Banned Posts: 375
    edited July 2013
    ^Good to know ;)

Our styles are the same....
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,376
    skeet318 said:

^Good to know ;)

Our styles are the same....

Yes, Phoenix will arrive safe and sound. Don't worry :o)