Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Marvel Super Heroes Video Game Box Art -- Includes unreleased figs....

jasorjasor United StatesMember Posts: 839
edited July 2013 in Everything else LEGO
http://marvel.com/news/story/20859/exclusive_official_lego_marvel_super_heroes_video_game_box_art

Silver Surfer....the Thing...Mr. Fantastic. What are the chances we get these made into actual Minifigs?

I would love it. Havent the foggiest of how they'd pull off Mr. Fantastic... I will say this box art makes me want the game that much more.
skeet318ZonAdzbadboy

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,227
    edited July 2013
    jasor said:

Havent the foggiest of how they'd pull off Mr. Fantastic...

Maybe a dip in acetone?

Human Torch is also there.
    icey117
  • jasorjasor United StatesMember Posts: 839
    ^good point. I can see a flame hairpiece being used more than just the Human Torch too. It would be nice to get a FF set.

Disney doesnt hold that license, though (I dont think). Maybe they'll be produced because of the game. Lego DC Batman game did wonders for set production, and filling in gaps with the movie releases.

I guess I have the same hopes for Lego Marvel :)
  • skeet318skeet318 Banned Posts: 375
    Nice find!
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,547
    Awesome pic!
    I'd love a Thing maxifig. I guess they'd have to do Mr Fantastic in normal state rather than stretchy. Fingers crossed for Fantastic Four set.
    "Fans heading to San Diego for Comic-Con will be able to get their hands on "LEGO Marvel Super Heroes" throughout the convention at the Marvel booth (#2329), the LEGO booth (#2829) and at the Xbox Gaming Lounge"

Looks like they may produce them, but give them out as exclusives. Grrr.
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939
    jasor said:

^good point. I can see a flame hairpiece being used more than just the Human Torch too. It would be nice to get a FF set.

How about the hair from the CMF sleepyhead in trans-orange...?

I have to point out, though, that just because there are minifigs in a Lego Video game, that doesn't mean they'll ever appear in real life. Lego Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Harry Potter all had a fair share of fairly major characters (in the video game) that never got made as actual minifigs.

andhe
    edited July 2013

Awesome pic!
    I'd love a Thing maxifig. I guess they'd have to do Mr Fantastic in normal state rather than stretchy. Fingers crossed for Fantastic Four set.

Don't write off Lego's engineering department just yet...
  • GeddesGeddes Member Posts: 574
    jasor said:

"Fans heading to San Diego for Comic-Con will be able to get their hands on "LEGO Marvel Super Heroes" throughout the convention at the Marvel booth (#2329), the LEGO booth (#2829) and at the Xbox Gaming Lounge"

Looks like they may produce them, but give them out as exclusives. Grrr.

I think they are referring to the game.

jasor said:

How about the hair from the CMF sleepyhead in trans-orange...?

I have to point out, though, that just because there are minifigs in a Lego Video game, that doesn't mean they'll ever appear in real life. Lego Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Harry Potter all had a fair share of fairly major characters (in the video game) that never got made as actual minifigs.

Oh, I know this, to be sure. I've wanted a Flash minifig forevs....the fact that there is SOME kind of design for him, even if it's in game form + hope + time = a Flash minifig in the future.

I would say if a character makes the boxart, they have a better chance getting in a set than otherwise. Or maybe that's me transferring my wishes onto reality.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,873
    Human Torch and Mr Fantastic were in the game trailer were they not? Nice to see the Thing maxifig, had wondered how he might be represented.

If they WERE to make a F4 set and with these figs (I'm guessing there's a current comic/cartoon iteration they could base it on) I'd think it would sell like hot cakes. Mr Fantastic could always have some sort of elasticated rubber arms.
  • HokieJoe99HokieJoe99 Member Posts: 348
    Chrome Silver Surfer - upcoming polybag bonus. For what I have no idea.
    Human Torch - comes pre soaked in gasoline and includes a book of matches.
    Mr Fantastic - full stretchiness achieved by placing near Human Torch after lighting.
    ^would that be a first for a minifig? They've fiddled with the hands, and legs/lower torso...but have they ever totally gone wonkers with arms assemblies?
    Woody / Jessie / Zurg all had extra long arms. Not stretchy though.
    maybe they'd bring back this color for his arms.

http://www.brickset.com/parts/?part=4164180

Somehow, I just knew you would know about minifigs...Who would have guessed? ;)

The Woody Legs/Arms would be pretty cool too. I know it's all about scale, but you'd think they would use these assemblies for more to pay off that mould.
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    They have been using some Fantastic Four characters in the Ultimate Spiderman cartoon(I just saw the episode where the Hulk and Spiderman trade minds, and Spidey in Hulk's body and the Thing duke it out-hilarious!), so maybe we will see the FF in an Ultimate Spiderman set. I certainly wouldn't be disappointed. I really think that those are the Superhero minifigs I want the most now, even above Flash, Green Lantern, and more X-men. Is that bad?
    ^ Hey....it's all about the family ;)

The box art, and game itself gives me hope we'll be getting a Thing(!) maxifig. I would also see it as a random character included in the Spidey sets for now.
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 661

Star Wars is still going, so there's always a chance. I believe the others mentioned above all came out around the end of the life cycles.Didn't Harry Potter come out when most of the remaining sets were being clearanced out? I think Marvel's got plenty of opportunity to release more minifigures.

^The original SW video game came out in 2005, if my memory serves me right, and, as you say, SW is still going. The original IJ game came out in the middle of the "life cycle", and the second one (a bit of a flop), came out near the end, which, as you point out, cut off the chances for getting many other 'important' figs. The HP games (again, if I remember correctly) came out at the beginning and end of the 'revival' of the HP theme.
    With LotR (and SH, though I'm not so much into SH), the video games came out near the beginning, so I'd hope for plenty of figs from them (that said, don't get TOO hopeful...).
  • HarryPotterLoverHarryPotterLover Member Posts: 238
    Being the Silver Surfer would need to be in totally chrome, I smell a very hard to find C3PO, Mr Gold-esqe figure
  • ChrisbstmChrisbstm USAMember Posts: 151
    Damn you comic con. With your unobtainable tickets, and lego exclusives.
    Adzbadboy
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    This reminds me of the Batman 2 game release from GameStop, when for five precious minutes I thought I'd have actual figs of Black Adam and Captain Cold. C'est la vie.
    At leas you can have Shazam for an astronomical price.
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    edited July 2013
    could they make a minifig with rubber with regular ABS at the joints and ends of the arms, legs and head?
    ^I thought about that, but I think you'd just end up with his limbs falling off easily.
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    Mr. Fantastic is problematic in every medium that isn't comic books because his 'powers' are unbelievably stupid. Even in the comics, they tend to favor Reed's intelligence over his Stretch Armstrong capabilities. I think the least dumb way to achieve this in LEGO would be to just be to use two different sets of torsos and legs. One 'normal' figure and one with the Woody arms and legs.
    Right now i would take a normal minifig in the fantastic 4 uniform :)
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    That's what I say. No need to make him stretchy, a normal minifig with the uniform and a greying sided hairpiece works for me. How would they do the Invisible Woman though? Translucent? I would be all about it.
  • BeavBeav Member Posts: 303
    I imagine because of the more brittle nature of translucent parts, they would maybe go for a half translucent fig, maybe an arm or a head, or a combination. Something like the Jek-14 figure:

For Mr Fantastic, I'd be fine with a normal figure in his suit, or see what its like with the long arms from Woody.
    This is where a lack of cartoon/film material will become a stumbling block i fear. The licence with marvel/disney only seems to include films and ultimate spiderman. Some greater clarity from tlg would be helpful.
    Well,.. there was the ONE X-Men set. They're really missing the boat on that team.
    Zon
    ^Ultimate Spidey license + Marvel Lego game = possibilities for FF minifigs, at this time I would imagine.
    edited July 2013
    y2josh said:

Mr. Fantastic is problematic in every medium that isn't comic books because his 'powers' are unbelievably stupid. Even in the comics, they tend to favor Reed's intelligence over his Stretch Armstrong capabilities. I think the least dumb way to achieve this in LEGO would be to just be to use two different sets of torsos and legs. One 'normal' figure and one with the Woody arms and legs.

Ha...I bet your wife or gf wouldn't think his powers are stupid! ;) joking
    Goldchains
    Please don't sack my membership....control is hard for me.
  • chuxtoyboxchuxtoybox Member Posts: 711
    The Thing isn't as big as The Hulk (and I checked to be certain, though I was pretty sure he was always shorter) so his maxifig shouldn't be as big. He should be Hagrid size. Yes, I am biased. HULK SMASH!!
    jasor
    They should make a Galactus figure the size of one of their digital minifigure clocks. (You read it here, first!)
    trickydicky0880Zonskeet318
  • trickydicky0880trickydicky0880 Member Posts: 134
    @chuxtoybox

I actually really like that idea! Man, I want a Silver Surfer/Galactus set or a Fantasticar vs Galactus set so bad.
    edited July 2013
    Just for the record... the way they've done Gambit in this game is exactly how I WOULDN'T want him to be done as an actual minifig.
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,626
    Why have Lego made so many 'Big Figs' that don't need to be Big??
    y2josh said:

Just for the record... the way they've done Gambit in this game is exactly how I WOULDN'T want him to be done as an actual minifig.

So, how would you have wanted him made, and what is it that doesn't fit for you?
    Adzbadboy said:

Which ones?

• AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,626
    CCC said:

Adzbadboy said:

Which ones?

jasor said:

y2josh said:

So, how would you have wanted him made, and what is it that doesn't fit for you?
    I think at this point, TLG needs to figure out a trenchcoat. Characters like Aragorn and Gambit look ridiculous with their coats printed on them, and Fury looks equally dumb with no trenchcoat at all. It just seems like they should be able to pull off a trenchcoat in light of other fabric 'pieces' they've engineered.
    ^ If they can do a cape, hula skirt, kilt, etc...a trench can be done, I agree. There are custom trenches done...so, the proof is in the pudding.
    OK, the trailer for this game looks flamin' awesome! Where's Gambit, though? Is that who Thing is picking up? Are they really going to release all of these characters?!
    About the trenchcoat, maybe the fact that another company has made a trenchcoat for minifigs is the reason Lego hasn't? Kind of hard to design a different trenchcoat. The company I'm referring to also makes bodies for centaurs which would be cool for Lego to do but once again would they be infringing on that company if they came out with the same design? (I think that company ripped off Lego's horse design in the first place but that's another story)
    Maybe they haven't made a trenchcoat because it would hinder putting minifigs into vehicles, sort of like the plastic capes on the original Kenner SW figures did. Remember trying to put Vader into his tie fighter or Ben into the landspeeder?

OK, the trailer for this game looks flamin' awesome! Where's Gambit, though?

That design for Gambit ainta so bad. Beast holding his claws I find disturbing. :} He's going to have to use his feet to do any climbing.
    ^Wolverine is the same way
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    ^Wait, it looks like Beast there is holding a different, brass-knuckleish claw. Is that what Wolverine is using in the game, or is he using what his figure (and the werewolf) use (with the blades above the hand)?
    ^Wolverine has the werewolf claws in the game. Oddly, Sabretooth appears to have no claws at all.