Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Questions about Homepage news section...

plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
What exactly is the point of these posts - are they just meant as bulletins to re-post the homepage news articles? Are we supposed to not be able to comment on them? (I understand there have been "teething problems" so far, so I understand if they're not working properly yet)

Comments

• plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    Interestingly enough, my original title for this thread was "Homepage news section - a few questions", but it seems that that made it think I was trying to post it in the "Homepage news" category, and I got an error message saying I didn't have permission.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,023
    I find it strange too that you cannot comment, as it seems to add nothing. But if you can comment here on the news article, if anything it fragments discussion as the discussion is spread over the homepage news and the forums.

When I first saw it I tried to spam the review that was posted. I wondered who this guy System was and why he had just cut and paste an article from brickset onto the forums.
    plasmodium
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,298
    It was an experiment that seems to be failing. I have no idea why the forum module doesn't pick up all the posts from the RSS feed, given that it did randomly yesterday.

As for permissions so you can actually comment on them, I should be able to sort that, if there's any point...
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    CCC said:

When I first saw it I tried to spam the review that was posted. I wondered who this guy System was and why he had just cut and paste an article from brickset onto the forums.

I was wondered about "System", too, when I first saw "him". Especially as he had a really bizarre 'emoticon' profile pic...