Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Problem with BrickStore Mac OS X 10.7

jack_bricksjack_bricks Member Posts: 78
edited July 2013 in Everything else LEGO
Hi, does anybody also encounter a few problems while working with a mac on the latest OS and BrickStore. It crashes a lot lately and it is getting a little annoying.

Comments

• BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    Yes. The newest Mac OS is Lion, I believe. I ran into this problem some months back, searched around on the BL forum and found several other folks had had problems on newer Macs. Sadly, doesn't look like anything can be done about it. My wife was sick of me taking her Mac anyway and so she just bought me a cheap PC notebook. ;-)
  • jack_bricksjack_bricks Member Posts: 78
    Hmmm not good - but the version 1.16 seems a little outdate isn't it?
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    The developer has abandoned the program. It definitely has some issues, but with Windows compatibility it works quite well for the common tasks of parting out, mass inventory price adjustments, and especially used parts lots. Making a Brickstore file for used parts and uploading it all at once is SO much easier than doing it one at a time through BL's interface.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,247
    I thought about picking up the project at one point to make some changes I wanted but while the code is open the development environment I don't believe was free. It looks like the "development" page is also broken from the website now. I don't do app development so I'm not interested in taking on the task of a replacement but probably could've easily done modifications if the environment was available. I'm hoping the new Bricklink site (whenever that happens) has more of the brickstore like features built in.
  • legoprodslegoprods SpainMember Posts: 440
    Advice I can give from my phone for the couple things I remember.

NEVER:

Save a file in any format.
    Open a file in any format.
    Hover the "help" tab.

Those three are instant crashes.