Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What do you want Lego to sort out for the future?

AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,651
Lego is many of peoples favorite toy brand but what concerns do you have with Lego or Lego products? E.g. stickers, ploybag availability, sets that are not accurate etc.

Comments

• GreenArrow57GreenArrow57 GBMember Posts: 71
    Hard to know where to go with this. 'Ploybag'? 'many of peoples...'? Lego is better than that!
  • dejavudejavu USAMember Posts: 235
    I think the Creator houses ought to have more furnishings a la the Winter Village Cottage. Right now they have either no furnishings at all, or just a fireplace and maybe a table with a lamp. The new Creator Family House (which, by the way, has two minifigs, male & female, but no kids, where's the family?) have a bed (single size, eh?), a floor lamp, a desk & chair, and a huge hanging chandelier. It's a step toward a better direction, but why not include a kitchen next time? I know this idea might seem to be leaning in the direction of the 'Friends'-type house, but since they have included a kitchen in both the winter cottage and the Burrow, why not in the Creator houses?

I'd also like to see street plates that include two straight streets sections instead of one plus an intersection. You end up with too many intersections. Why not put out a similarly-priced two-straight-street-section package?

Just sayin'.
  • dejavudejavu USAMember Posts: 235
    Actually, another suggestion, is a pack set of 'foliage' which you could buy just like you can buy a pack set of bricks or doors-and-windows or vehicle parts. They could include all the different types of greenery offered, including the autumn colors and flowers.
    SilentMode
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,651
    Sales on Lego products: B-Wing was half price for US only, Lego need to give the offer to everyone if its in the Lego Store.
    bassbisonlegofanfromleeds
    When Lego produce movies, they need to make sets to complement the movie.
    Sets/Themes based off licences need to be accurate!!
    Reusing Lego pieces for new licensed minifigures, Wonder Woman head for Faora?!?!
    Reusing the Alien Conquest guns, for Lego Super Heroes sets?!
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,617
    I'm sure that could all have been in one post...
    LostInTranslation
    Add rings or watches to minifigure printing!!
    Lego is about the build not the minifigures, don't drive Lego sets over the minifigures!! E.g. Wolverine's Chopper Showdown (Similar styled helicopters in the Super Heroes theme)
    -Bring back Lego harry Potter, Lego extended Lego Star Wars!

-Use dialogue in the comic books included in Lego Super Heroes, it will help kids to read!

-Lego Super Heroes has very repetitive builds: "HELICOPTERS!!"

-Avoid Stickers!!
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,548
    I'm not really sure what your point(s) is(are).

Bring back Harry Potter - why? They have already done that range. Do you want them to just duplicate the whole range again? Won't that lead to complaints from you of give us something new - these are repetitive builds same as last time.

Sets do not need to be accurate to a film, in most cases they need to be playable for kids. They also need to be designed in advance of the film coming out, so they are out when the film comes out. Studios often don't release any spoilers which may ruin the film if the key parts of the film are given away in toy ranges.

Do you really expect them to print comic books in every language, or start to have separate boxes for different countries. There are other books available to teach kids to read, including ones by lego.

For some lego is about the minifigs not the build. Would you be happy with a superheroes range without the minifigs? You say it is about the build not the figs, but want new fairly minor minifigures made.

Add rings or watches? Why - they don't have fingers, where have such detail on the hands? You'll be wanting noses next.

Sales are by region. We may not like it, but that is a fact. Some things are going to be cheaper in one location than in another.
    Paperballparkbinaryeyejasor
    They could still make:
    • The Vanishing Glass
    • Battle of the SEVEN POTTERS
    • THE Wedding
    • Lovegood House
    • Malfoy Manor
    • The White Tomb
    • Gringotts
    • Harry vs. Voldemort, Ultimate Showdown
    • 4 Privet Drive
    • Quiddich
    Harry Potter, Diagon Alley Series:
    • Flourish and Bolts
    • Weasley’s Wizard Wheeazes
    • Quality Quiddich Supplies
    Harry Potter, Vehicles:
    • The Knight Bus
    • Ford Angula
    • Hogwarts Express
    Harry Potter, Bookends:
    • Kings Cross
    • The Room of Requirement
    Harry Potter, Replicas of the Magical World:
    • The Elder Wand
    • Checkmate! (Chess Set)
    • Deluminator
    • Mechanical Death Eater
    -Yes your right! As long it conveys they plot or story of the scene in the film.

-Lego is prints in majority in English on the box art, so print them in English?!

-I do like the minifigures but they are always are better than the builds!

-Watches are reasonable?!

-thumbs up your right again!
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,550
    @adzbadboy - this could have been an interesting thread. But your own spamming of it with some poorly considered and phrased comments has kind of ruined that. You could have included some of your suggestions in your original post, rather than making multiple posts (you can edit your posts for 6mins if you think of something go add/amend, btw), and given sound reasons why you think they are necessary.
    As it is, you are fast gaining a bad rep on this forum....
    AdeelZubairPaperballparkjasor
  • skeet318skeet318 Banned Posts: 375
    dejavu said:

I think the Creator houses ought to have more furnishings a la the Winter Village Cottage. Right now they have either no furnishings at all, or just a fireplace and maybe a table with a lamp. The new Creator Family House (which, by the way, has two minifigs, male & female, but no kids, where's the family?) have a bed (single size, eh?), a floor lamp, a desk & chair, and a huge hanging chandelier. It's a step toward a better direction, but why not include a kitchen next time? I know this idea might seem to be leaning in the direction of the 'Friends'-type house, but since they have included a kitchen in both the winter cottage and the Burrow, why not in the Creator houses?

I'd also like to see street plates that include two straight streets sections instead of one plus an intersection. You end up with too many intersections. Why not put out a similarly-priced two-straight-street-section package?

Just sayin'.

Perhaps it shoulda been called "Make-a-Family" House. To bad there is no kitchen, couch, or shower.
    My concern is "Will Lego do a set for Guardian s of the Galaxy?" I gotta feeling Rocket Raccoon is gonna get popular next winter. I'd hate for Lego to miss out....
  • jasorjasor United StatesMember Posts: 839
    @adzbadboy -- what @LostInTranslation said. "As it is, you are fast gaining a bad rep on this forum.... " This is coming from someone on the actual Brickset team...

We've given the benefit of newness to the forum. I wouldn't comment if there weren't moments of lucidity somewhere in all these posts, discussions, etc. The bulk of your comments thus far come off as irksome....and I've seen just about everyone really really TRY. I dont know what else to say to try and help ya, other than:

Dont bump your own threads like above,
    Dont start 8000 discussions in one day
    Search for existing threads, and be part of THEIR conversation

Perhaps we're all just passing gas in the wind with advice, but I'm an optimist...what can I say?
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,550
    @jasor - thanks, but I'm not actuality an admin or mod here :-)
    I'm a news editor and database administrator for the main site but not responsible for monitoring the forum.
    Some may think I therefore spoke out of turn above, but as someone who has been around here for a while, I was just trying to give some constructive advice, before someone a bit more blunt than me came along :-)
  • jasorjasor United StatesMember Posts: 839
    @LostInTranslation -- you're a bit more "team" than most, however. ;) I don't know if soft hands, nor blunt works. I've seen both.
  • skeet318skeet318 Banned Posts: 375
    @jasor

But it was I who bumped this thread. I really want a Lego Rocket Raccoon! I also like to "practice" making babies.. .