Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Unhappy with TLG's CS! Similar Experiences?

DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,079
Hi everybody,
i know that TLG's Customer-service is usually top-notch,and so far i've had more positive than negative experiences with them,but there was one situation that i would like to explain here,please feel free if you've had any other "bad-experiences"with the CS! Of course we all love Lego,that's why we're here,but this also a place to discuss our anger about our favourite Company.

So i've ordered a couple of sets on "May the Fourth"and paid via credit card,after a few days i've decided that i went a little overboard with my spendings so i wanted to return two items (100€ each,two packages),called CS they sent me a return-sticker for the package (that was on 10.of May or some),i've brought the lackage to the post-office the same day.
Well after a couple of weeks the money didn't got refunded so i called the CS if they received the packages,they said they are not yet in their system but this may take a few days so i waited.
By June still no money on my credit card account (that was around the 18.of June or some)so i called again,the phone call took over an hour because the lady on phone couldn't even find the order in the system at all,after i gave here the track-id.she checked DHL-tracking and it said that both packages arrived at their destination,so i said great so you can send me my money back?!she responded that the items have not received in their main warehouse in Belgium (i live in Germany)! I told here (pretty calm of course)that my part of the contrat is fulfilled and the stuff arrived where i was supposed to send them and she said she can do nothing about it,so i asked to talk to a CS team-leader,of course the team-leader was in a conference (this seems to be the ultimate excuse when you wanna talk to one of them)so she told me that she will send a note to the team-leader to call me back. The next day the team-leader called and told me the same that the packages haven't arrived in their main warehouse,after comaining big time and telling here that i'm waiting for my money for over a month she said "sorry"and tha they will charge my credit card back soon!
To be fair,in the end the CS solved the problem but seriously letting a customer wait for his money for over a month when returning a item????
Am i overreacting?
piratemania7LegoFanTexas

Comments

• LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    I prefer Amazon's way of doing it...

When I return something, they provide me a return UPS shipping label.

As soon as it is scanned in by UPS when it gets picked up, they refund right away, they don't even wait for the package to get back to their warehouse.

Now that is service!!! :)
  • DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,079
    edited June 2013
    I was expecting some sort of "sorry-goodie"like 10€ in VIP-points or some! I mean,when i owe my Bank 200€ ($250) a month they charge me big time for that!!!
    And the worst is they were looking for excuses like the delay maybe due to the flooding in Germany,well the flooding took place weeks after i've returned the package,and it took place in a whole other part of Germany no even close to were i live!
  • pillpodpillpod Member Posts: 273
    In my experience, a lot of companies don't give immediate credit back...especially on a credit card (vs. a debit, for example). Just because the package has arrived doesn't mean you've held up your end of the deal. You could've shipped them a box full of old newspapers for all they know. I doubt they process the packages RIGHT when they arrive. So you probably just had to wait until your box made it to the front of the line.
    Furrysaurus
    Of course i understand that they had to make sure that the stuff is in there and not a piece of newspaper or some,but i don't understand why they didn't gave me a return-label that send the package to their main-warehouse straight,instead lsending it to a place where the packages get collected (?)to send them in a big bulk back?!? I've dealt with several returned items in my life (no not all Lego)and this was by far my worst experience and it's not really customer-friendly to let your customer wait for over a month till he get's his money back!!!
    CS strikes again, ordered a couple of #9472 on tuesday from s&h on sale (7 in the morning) and today i´ve received a mail that due to high demand my order got cancelled! Maaaaan when i bought these online they were listed as "in stock"!