Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO Master Builder Academy Feedback

akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,028
edited July 2011 in Building and Techniques
One of the contributors at theBrickBlogger wrote a really interesting post about her experiences with the first MBA kit.

I found her article very interesting and perhaps very relevant to many AFOLs with spouses or family members who may have some secret interest in LEGO, but may be intimidated by their own lack of experience, and perhaps by their AFOL partner's (that's you!) maddening skills! :-)

Sarah had her share of challenges with the MBA kit, but with a happy ending; ultimately she was able to design her very own set, based on the principles she learned. The very first set that she was able to build without her AFOL husband's help!

An experience like this can be huge for a lot of people! Be that a child, or an adult. Although the models in the kit may not appeal to life-long LEGO fans, it seems like the educational element of it is put together extremely well.

Those of us who have been building with LEGO our whole life cannot even relate to the challenges, fears and mental-blocks of someone who is starting later, or is not a "natural". When I introduce someone new to LEGO, I just throw them a handful of bricks and encourage them to build something. But I really don't have a system to teach them.

It seems like the MBA kit fits that bill! I'm very impressed that LEGO is taking this role of teaching how to design sets like a pro! In fact, this very first kit tackles some very advanced building techniques! And from Sarah's example it is obviously very effective!

So, if you have a NLP (non-lego-person) in your family, you may consider enrolling them in the program. Just watch out! They are learning from the masters, so they may quickly outgrow your skills! ;-)

Here is the link to Sarah's post: http://thebrickblogger.com/2011/07/joining-the-lego-master-builder-academy/

What do you think?

Comments

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,472
    I think I'm looking forward to receiving mine...
  • akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,028
    After I read Sarah's post, I'm seriously considering signing up too! I called LEGO today to ask some questions about it, and I was told that if I place an order now for all 6 kits, it will qualify for the free shipping offer! I'm sold!...(c:
    Also, the rep mentioned that I would get both the first and the second kit as the second one just got released! Yay!...(c:
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 539
    I just recevied the second one in the mail today. Looks good. The sons will be pleased.