Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

My Father's Day Gift

leemcgleemcg Member Posts: 607
I've just been woken by a plethora of cards and a LEGO-based father's gift that I thought I'd share.

My family have built a large LEGO model saying 'We (heart) Daddy" with mini figures of my three kids. That's cool enough, but my wife got in touch with the local LEGO store and they're going to let us in early and put the model in a display case for the day!

I am very proud.

I'll take a photo later.

alexwildrdavewatfordspearos1StuBoylegonut80JenniindigoboxprincedravencarlqadukCapnRex101gifinimGothamConstructionCoLostInTranslationAnseltheCatLegoMom1SirKevbagsPenkid11Brickarmorrancorbait

Comments

• MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    That's so lovely! And very nicely done!
  • skeet318skeet318 Banned Posts: 375
    Talented family you have there, sir. Enjoy your day!
  • LegoMom1LegoMom1 Member Posts: 652
    Very impressive. Enjoy your special day.
  • greekmickgreekmick UKMember Posts: 710
    Very nice. I saw that this morning, it was the stratford store wasn't it? We were all waiting outside to do the superman build and my boy was saying some kids had broken in already. They opened the doors and the dads ran in dragging kids behind them :)

I also overheard you thanking the kids for a special day and letting them choose something to remember it by. I wanted to chip in and say the Death Star!

I pointed out the display and thought it was a great idea. Well done to your kids!
  • leemcgleemcg Member Posts: 607
    Yes that's right. They said that James could be 'the Manager' and let everyone in. Lovely touch.

Popping back when they close to take the model out and hoping to get a view of Orthanc which they have built and ready to put on display for VIP sale tomorrow.
  • dejavudejavu USAMember Posts: 235
    Awesome!
  • coachiecoachie South WalesMember Posts: 476
    Got my "exclusive" Superman minifig delivered to me in bed this morning before the Lego store opened along with a few others. That's the Joker next to him if you were wondering.

Cardiff was very well run this afternoon and the staff coped admirably with the onslaught of Dads.

LostInTranslationleemcgSirKevbagsGothamConstructionCo
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,548
    The Riddler is easy to spot too. Second row far right is a bit rude.
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    Excellent effort from your family.

I got a Toblerone!

atkinsar said:

I got a Toblerone!

I got a toblerone too. They must be on offer somewhere!
  • leemcgleemcg Member Posts: 607
    Free toblerones in Waitrose for a £40 spend most of last week.
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    ^ Yep thats what I got, a free toblerone! And a copy of Brick City, so actually pretty great overall.
    edited June 2013
    ^^ That explains it then. I let the wife have her hobbies such as grocery shopping, which is why I miss out on this sort of information. :-)
    leemcg