Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego Weddings

Has anyone ever got married in a lego store before?

Comments

• ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,653
    I have never heard or seen any... however I have heard "If you buy all that, I'll divorce your a**" ...
    peterlinddkLegoboycarlq
  • davetheoxygenmandavetheoxygenman Colorado, USAMember Posts: 198
    Closest i've seen is a proposal in the Lego Store...
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    I don't know about the US, but at least for the UK a venue has to be licensed to host weddings. I think it's highly doubtful that LEGO Brand Retail would offer that, as there would be such a small number of people who would want it. However, Weddings sound right up Merlin Entertainment's street, I would not be at all surprised if they do announce LEGOLAND Weddings in years to come.
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    Matthew said:

I don't know about the US, but at least for the UK a venue has to be licensed to host weddings.

This is at least not the case in my (US) city. I got married in an old movie theater. We had to get event insurance, but as far as I know there was no venue license involved.
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,283
    I have never heard of a wedding in a LEGO store, and as @Matthew said above, the UK has some fairly stringent laws about licenses for wedding locations.

Are you considering getting married in a LEGO store or are you just asking out of interest?
  • jon_kjon_k UKMember Posts: 229
    I have had a Lego themed wedding reception , that's about as close as we got
  • andrewm02andrewm02 Member Posts: 7
    I was just curious. iv seen LEGO cakes and other wedding related stuff