Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What would you do! (or suggest)

piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,111
Hi All,

I recently got a ton of points through a credit card and have a credit of $175.00 on amazon. So other than feeling like a kid in a candy store (I know, incredibly cliche), what should I buy?

Right now the HE is 119.99 and I want it, so that would leave 55 to spend on random small sets, maybe something Star Wars? OR, I spring for the Haunted House for 179.99 and put in 5 dollars of my own funds, oh the horror (no pun intended).

Comments

• vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    I'd say get an exclusive set like HH or Arkham that you rarely find a good deal on, instead of several smaller set you can surely find discounted or for better prices on bricklink/ebay.

Or wait for Isengard/Ewok village if you need any.
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,111
    I'm leaning towards HH for just that reason. Ewok Village obviously, but these points are burning a hole in my virtual pocket! I suspect an order by End of Day.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited June 2013
    If you're talking about Citi Points, you're better off using those points to buy gift cards through their ThankYou network. With 10,000 points, you can get a $100 gift card to Home Depot, or Sears, or TRU or whatever. With 10,000 points, you can only get $80 worth of stuff from Amazon. Amazon always puts those points in my face when I'm checking out, and even though it's nice seeing some convenient-to-use money there, I realize it's only 80% value and always pass.
  • pillpodpillpod Member Posts: 273
    If you want HE and have $55 left, you could also pick up An Unexpected Gathering, which is a great set.
    BuriedinBricks
  • cardgeniuscardgenius Member Posts: 153
    Id go with either the Haunted House or wait a couple more weeks for the Tower of Orthanc.
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    What I would suggest is:
    Think about what you want to buy, buy it.
    No-one here knows your likes better than you.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    edited June 2013
    ^ This
    We tend to discourage 'What should I buy?' type of discussions as they are purely subjective and rarely generate interesting discussion. At the end of the day only you know what you would like - so it's up to you. I'll close this thread. Thank you for your co-operation.
This discussion has been closed.

Shopping at LEGO.com or Amazon?

Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon

Recent discussions Categories Privacy Policy

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brickset.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Associates Program and the Amazon EU Associates Programme, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.