Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

WARNING: Regarding LEGO Exclusive Yoda Press Kit Set/Minifigures

samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,253
Hi all,

For many of you, this won't even be applicable, however for those who are interested in this particular item I wanted to warn them (and even perhaps provide a tip).

My warning is in regards to:
http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=YODACHRON-1

There is an auction on eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Yoda-Chronicles-Press-Kit-Promo-2013-Exclusive-Minifigures-NY-TimeSquare-/151060891343?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item232bee46cf

That is for the minifigures ONLY. Obviously, a set that comes with the box/instructions is authentic. However, minifigures ONLY is not authentic, using that word lightly.

The minifigures are real LEGO minifigures, but they are actually not exclusive.
The Yoda is obviously generic, and the Holocron droid easily built with pieces purchased from BL. The only minifigure that seems to be exclusive is the Youngling. However, it is not and can be easily purchased via BL. Standard tan mini legs, the face and hair.. all are easily recognizable. The torso might seem to be exclusive, however it is yet another easy purchase:
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?M=sw488

That torso will be coming out within a few weeks, and is already showing up on eBay in the set #75021.

Thus, none of the minifigures are exclusive, and the entire set (including figures) can be BLed. The only thing exclusive to the "press kit" is the box and instructions :o)

Perhaps everyone was already aware of this, but for the 1 or 2 that didn't, I merely wanted to warn you. I know a lot of people on here are SW minifigure "completionists", and I didn't want anyone to go out a few hundred bucks to purchase an item that really isn't exclusive and doesn't add anything to their collection. If you really want the minifigure to complete the collection, save a few hundred bucks and BL it. I hope this helps some people out!

Happy building :o)

Regards,
Samuel
SirKevbagsBrick_ObsessionGothamConstructionCodrdavewatfordZathrasjasorPoochyGuroooindigoboxcarlqLegoFanTexasDrmnezLegobutterflyprincedravenbricksanCapnRex101greekmickhantotLegoboymargotJP3804GeddesBOBJACK_JACKBOBAnseltheCatGoldchainsrancorbaitkissyfur_okFollowsCloselyBeavcmrt1014bigbearBrickDancersweetness34kyrotekdane

Comments

• drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,244
    edited June 2013
    This is excellent advice for the Star Wars collectors out there - thanks for sharing, Sam. I can assure you that we were *not* all aware of this...
  • DoubleDDoubleD Oklahoma, USAMember Posts: 488
    That is good info thanks.
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    Just out of curiosity, does the minifig in the actual kit have the older 'pupil-less' face?
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,253
    y2josh said:

Just out of curiosity, does the minifig in the actual kit have the older 'pupil-less' face?

Yes, the minifigure included in the kit does come with the "pupil-less" face.
  • Jonn420Jonn420 Member Posts: 267
    A lady at Lego hinted to me this entire set will be available soon anyway for retail.
  • LegoRoccoLegoRocco Member Posts: 100
    @Jonn420 Really, same box and everything?
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    I was expecting that torso to be from an upcoming anakin because of that braid. Are the instructions available anywhere by now?
  • bricksanbricksan Member Posts: 566
    That has saved me a pretty penny, all we need now is instructions and we can all bricklink the set for next to nothing. Thank you
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,271
    edited June 2013
    That is really useful to know. I thought that the Youngling torso was going to be exclusive so now I have no need to hunt down one of those Minifigures. Many thanks @samiam391.
  • Jonn420Jonn420 Member Posts: 267
    LegoRocco said:

@Jonn420 Really, same box and everything?

I wouldnt imagine. I could see it with a few more younglings.
    I called the shop at home customer service to inquire about purchasing the press kit or at least oder the instructions so i could bricklink it. She asked what site i saw it on and said she was very familiar with Brickset and apologized that she couldnt help me at present time but to not be surprised if i see that very set in some form or another in the near future.

cmrt1014
  • CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
    Good info @samian391, many thanks :)
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    Another great example of why Brickset is the only lego site you need.

@samiam391 not only investigated this, but spent a long time writing up his findings and linking to relevant places, just to assist the community as a whole.

Great work fella!!
    bricksanBOBJACK_JACKBOBYellowcastleDrmnezcmrt1014indigoboxJosephBrickDancerLegoboy
  • GeddesGeddes Member Posts: 574
    @samiam391 very well done!
  • BeavBeav Member Posts: 303
    Thanks Sam, great work.
  • flakmaniakflakmaniak Member Posts: 50
    I'm not anything close to a Lego Star Wars collector but this thread is great.
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    @Mods, can I suggest this (and similar posts) become 'announcement' posts, just for a week or so whilst it is likely to be of use to members?
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    Thanks sam :)
  • FurrysaurusFurrysaurus Hiding in the kitchen.Member Posts: 156
    on a whim i wrote the dude stating that there was no guarantee and the parts could be found on bricklink. the response -

"Hi, Probably you are right, but we have all minifigures from SW theme, all
    comes from original sets or events. Except minifigures I have two complete
    and assembled Chamber sets from my store display for 499 usd each. Price is
    very bargain because I left only bricks and sold rest of the stuff to
    customers from France and USA. We have also exclusive sets like 10179
    Millennium Falcon - brand new in polybags but without box, sticker and
    instruction for 1600usd each. To your order we also are giving a free and
    special minifigure from Yoda Chronicles theme.

Best wishes EL

-elasmok"

i get what he's saying, but i'm really liking the thought of a giant MF polybag...
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    That'd be something, a 10kg poly. :))
    Furrysaurus